Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 4

So I did the test... Mission.. 9 scavengers to kill...

Stats before...
QwPOTJR.png

Mission completed...
CT9QYuG.png

Stats checked just after...
71oszH2.png

OK, I thought, maybe I have to collect the reward first...
wJsWQv1.png

R2N2O8x.png

Stats checked after getting the reward...
jHreP4k.png

FDevs and Braben... will you ever make a game that actually works well for once?

Defenceless rank forever... CQC Rank is messed up too... I'm 10 x CQC Elite.. buy hey
TQx5OfR.png

Just to add some context to your merc rank stat findings, here's my salad hunting stats, working correctly (AFAIR) & backdated to the start of Odd:
yyDVB6R.png

I entirely agree that all history that has been tracked should be included in all ranks, that is the point of them & if that means the extra five stars all get consumed immediately just add more stars to the rank (do we even need a cap on ranks if this path is being chosen anyway?)

Greetings Commanders!

• A fix has been implemented for Steam sometimes appearing excessively at the main menu.
  • Skybox and Galaxy Background has been updated to be more vibrant, and to closer match Horizons.

First..now I can see which ship I'm in on the main screen...the condensation on the cockpit screen was dreadful.... lol
Second.. Thanks for this fix...skybox now looks real nice once again. I like the graphical tweeks to the Galaxy Background especially the hand placed 'star flares'.

Thanks for all the hard work and ALL the fixes.... o7

No shame right now, I'm going to copy paste what I put from the other thread in here.

COMMANDERS!

With all the luck and will in the world (joking, kind of), we've pushed an update to Steam which will (hopefully) negate the need for the workaround steps to reconnect to the game, for any of you who are stuck, even with those attempts of resolve.

If you haven't done so already, please restart Steam to welcome in the update.

Thanks (so, so much)!
Thanks @sallymorganmoore
So, it worked and actually got to enjoy 5 hours of EDO game time, trading and working power play defense activities.

PC ASUS ROG 750VY, i7-6820HK, GTX 980m, 64GB RAM; actually back to better than Xbox X, and as good as EDH, at least for today's session.

Liked the GALMAP UI more now than yesterday, found a couple of things I needed to help trade. Still somethings not as good as EDH compare tool, i.e, the ability to find import/export actual prices so I can validate market potential. Might just be getting use to the change and/or have not found everything yet; either way, I seem to be getting more productive with less frustration.

Figured out why DEVs configured Power Play loading of MMA and Garrison Supplies (Patreus Prep/Fortification) the way they did - when I use a mouse to load them it's faster (click points all at bottom of screen) vs using HOTAS to load and having to tab all over the screen.

Do not like the default focus change to "Starport Services" upon docking: refueling, arming and repairing when I first arrive seemed to be the more natural activity upon arrival. Now when I tab up using HOTAS and select each activity it defaults back to "Starport Service" and on at least two occasions I bounced to launch and had to re-land to continue.

Overall, a much better Update than 3 for me - now I can as a Trader, develop markets that the new EDO settlements/stations brought to the game; and it appears there are some really good profits to be made, in the neighborhood of 100m per hour.

Yeah it's looking pretty grim actually. Seems like for everything they fix, they introduce more bugs. Elite is just a bug ridden mess at the moment - megaship piracy broken, point defence broken, SLF AI broken, certain sound FX broken, Mercenary rank broken, Codex broken............the list goes on......

Getting kinda depressed about the whole thing now :(

Edit: And now you can't even close the game properly - just hangs on a black screen AGAIN sigh
Sounds like they have "workers pool" sort of, which splits tasks like AI to cores. And because of slow graphics it keeps pool busy, so other tasks don't have time to be proper executed. Otherwise not sure why so many bugs :D

So lets see what FPS i get after this Update.

Ryzen 9 3900x - No OC
32 GB RAM 3200mhz XMP
RTX 3060TI - No OC
Elite on SSD
3440x1440 100hz Monitor / all other Displays Disconnected
No ingame Overlays (Geforce / Steam) except FPSMonitor wich doesnt affect performance as i get the same low fps with the ingame fps counter also
Win 10 Professional x64 latest update

Settings ALL on LOW!

Ingame SS on 1.0 & 0.5 makes no difference FPS is still really really bad!

Updated all Mainboard / Chipset Drivers aswell as GPU Drivers today

This is NOT ACCEPTABLE!!! after 4 so called "performance updates" since i got 40+ FPS at launch of Odyssey!

I really feel robbed now big time.

I think an FDev community person needs to confirm that this update was not the panacea we hoped for and that they are still working on fixing this fundamental issue - I have a similar setup to this tho with a Ryzen 7 3700, and 6800 GPU - so not as good (but I am running at only 2560x1080 but on ULTRA settings) - and I get twice the performance to that shown in the video... still not perfect, e.g. concourse can sometimes dip to 60fps and on foot CZs drop to 40-50) but thats way better than this. Hang in their Nupol - something weird is happening that is not currently explainable.

To FD
ive played on and off since late beta and i really want you to succeed despite some of my comments on here, so please pull this xpac and work on it and re release it when you release on console and most importantly listen to the elite fans and if there's something you just cant do then come out and be up front about it at lest then there's no guessing on our part as we will have the facts. as it stands im very glad i didn't buy this xpac.
You didn't buy it ? then you don't have a Dog in the fight. Odyssey runs fine here.
There are issues but they will never be fixed without player input, we are giving that and FDev are busy fixing it.
Come back when you actually know what you are talking about.

You didn't buy it ? then you don't have a Dog in the fight. Odyssey runs fine here.
There are issues but they will never be fixed without player input, we are giving that and FDev are busy fixing it.
the reason i dont have it is because i waited to see what its like. and yes i have the right to comment on the state of the game considering i was possible going to buy it . the fact i have been here since beta means i have every right to comment.

the reason i dont have it is because i waited to see what its like. and yes i have the right to comment on the state of the game considering i was possible going to buy it . the fact i have been here since beta means i have every right to comment.

How can you comment on something you have never experienced ?
I was "possibly" going to buy a Ferrari, but decided against it on performance grounds despite never having driven it, actually I only stood next to one in the showroom despite having a driving licence since 1984.
Buy it , Try it, then comment before then you don't have a clue

Yeah it's looking pretty grim actually. Seems like for everything they fix, they introduce more bugs. Elite is just a bug ridden mess at the moment - megaship piracy broken, point defence broken, SLF AI broken, certain sound FX broken, Mercenary rank broken, Codex broken............the list goes on......

Getting kinda depressed about the whole thing now :(

Edit: And now you can't even close the game properly - just hangs on a black screen AGAIN sigh
So basically - Still an unplayable mess only fit to reduce the playerbase sufficiently to give fdev an excuse to shut down the servers and save the money on running them?

Given how disappointed I've been the last Fridays I have opened the game after their updates, I think I'll just stay away until people I trust starts telling me Frontier has actually fixed problems and not just added to them. On my way out, I'll remember to unsubscribe and unfollow any of the Frontier pet streamers.

How can you comment on something you have never experienced ?
I was "possibly" going to buy a Ferrari, but decided against it on performance grounds despite never having driven it, actually I only stood next to one in the showroom despite having a driving licence since 1984.
Buy it , Try it, then comment before then you don't have a clue
there's plenty of evidence on how bad the game is atm so while i have not played it i can see what issues others have. don't be that guy ..for example if you watched someone shoot me and i died you don't need to experience it to know being shot can kill

I also didn't buy it yet. "No sane person ever buys 1.0 software." I heard that as a joke somewhere but it works for me. I was joking a month or so back to the Xbox and PS4 players that "We'll do the beta testing for you." Then I found that I wasn't joking.

Yes, FD needs player input. That's what the Alpha testing was for. They got the input. They didn't do a Beta, though, and that's what bit them in the backside. They're still getting feedback from players that purchased it though, just not in a very pleasant "beta testing" way. I'm certainly glad to hear your experience with it is so much better than others who have uninstalled it and received a refund. I just don't want to go through that kind of financial mess myself. That's why I come here to check the salt level after each patch goes through. Still salty but it's getting better.

I've been reading the forums here and seeing the complaints about the bugs and things that were (apparently) rolled back to the beginning stages of Alpha testing. That doesn't mean I don't have a dog in this fight. It means I'm holding my money back until it's actually R E A D Y for purchase by me. And believe me, since I'm out halfway to Beagle Point, I'd LOVE to have this DLC down to at least 15% salt.

I'm certainly glad that (1) they're communicating again and (2) the issues pointed out are being addressed as quickly as possible.

I know it'll get smoothed out. Just consider us careful consumers.

If anyone wants to make a post saying nothing but a "thank you" or a "well done frontier!", how about you just Like the original post so we don't have to scroll through 50 out of 60 pages to find actual discussion on the patch notes
Because this thread is so clean as it is. The same can be said for a number of other off-topic posts. Get over yourself and scan through the junk like everyone else.

I don't want to sound too negative, but as good as these last three patches were bug-fixing wise, we dropped below pre-Odyssey number of players according to Steam Charts. We went from a peak of 27.5k when Odyssey came out to 10k and less since the 14th of this month. I believe that's one of the biggest / fastest drop I've ever seen, and the first time I see numbers going even lower than what they were originally.

So obviously a road map of only bug fixes isn't enough to keep players engaged, especially if it's accompanied by bad news such as what's happening to VR. It tends to let players think that what we currently have content wise is all we get for this expansion, which is quite shallow to begin with.

In other words, if there is indeed future plans for the game, it might be nice to start communicating a little about them. Bug fixes and performance improvements are just obvious, the rest isn't.

Top Bottom