Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 8 / Horizons Update | 27 October discussion

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Greetings Commanders.

Right, listen up!
There are a lot of threads, a lot going on all over the place - let's condense it down to this thread of discussion so all eyes can hopefully be in one spot to farm and gather feedback on today's updates as we go, following deployment.

Today is pretty impactful in terms of what's gone into the game, so here to listen and report around.

Trying to stay out of bloating the update note threads where things dotted about all over the place could get potentially missed and such, so let's see how this works.

Thanks!

o7

Greetings Commanders.

Right, listen up!
There are a lot of threads, a lot going on all over the place - let's condense it down to this thread of discussion so all eyes can hopefully be in one spot to farm and gather feedback on today's updates as we go, following deployment.

Today is pretty impactful in terms of what's gone into the game, so here to listen and report around.

Trying to stay out of bloating the update note threads where things dotted about all over the place could get potentially missed and such, so let's see how this works.

Thanks!

o7
There is a lot of sentiment regarding the console update on the Horizons Pc/Console update thread among others, to try and keep things positive it appears to be working ok. Will not attempt to rehash what other people have said here but there does seem to be quite a bit of disappointment, maybe mismanaged expectations, but hey it's working (positive🤞) and my new elite career as plumber is calling 😅. From my pov the work that went into this update is appreciated. o7

Can you let me know the system/planet/settlement please? :)
1635346586509.png

Webster Excavation Complex (also Tir) also slow
Huber Metallurgical Enterprise (also Tir)

Video of Huber: Before Patch 7 this was about seamless - now there's a 25 second black period on disembark

Source: https://youtu.be/j31s43v1NQ0

Last edited:
The Colonia on-foot engineers are not unlocking.

They are greyed out, and stay that way after jumping to another system, re-logging and restarting the client.

Trying to complete the unlock requirement doesn't help, I'm already Allied with the Colonia Council (needs Friendly), have visted 7 settlements in the Colonia system (needs 5) since the patch went live, and have sold 10 Cocktail Recipes. Nothing changed.
Colonia  (LilacLight) 2021-10-27_15-14-33.png

Top Bottom