Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 8 / Horizons Update | 27 October discussion

Just tried two restore missions and not getting any progress.
Land at the target settlement, no progress.
Disembark, no progress.
Power up, put out fires. No progress.
Relogged twice, flew away and back , flew away landed 200km away, apex taxi back.
No mission progress at all.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz
Installed RAM 16gb
Resolution: 1280 x 720
AMD FSR 1.0 is enabled by default

1) When exiting super cruise the contrails appear above & in front of the ship.
2) When exiting super cruise the station does not appear for 2-3 seconds before appearing.
3) Had major FPS drops in random areas of the on foot map / area despite the lack or presence of NPC's (certain areas, even when empty, triggered a huge FPS drop, example of such an area in the photo below)
4) I'm based in the Brestla system and all conflicts are 'low', which is very unusual (may be intentional?)

Also* Messing around with the graphics and then choosing 'VR Quality High' helped my FPS stabilize and now it rarely goes below 30 and hits 42/43 which is a big improvement for me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_0208.jpg
    Screenshot_0208.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 68
Concerning the Colonia Engineer - Baltanos, i gave him a quick kick in the shin's (did a mission for the Colonia Council, as per Zac's comment), then he suddenly remembered that i was allied with them.

However, when i arrived at his base, he accepted the items for the referral for the next engineer (10 Faction Associates data), but did not give me said referral, and "wants" more items. Relogging didn't help, a further shin kick may be required...

In old Horizons I can save different flight suits I've bought for different occasions. In Odyssey only one flight suit is possible. Why?

In Odyssey camera I can't see flight suits decals. I've reported it, the ticket "expired" - in whom's IT world bugs disappear by expiring?

Yeah, I'd like to see the suit thing fixed as well. I'd like to create a number of flight suit loadouts to be selectable, not just one base pattern, I have a lot of store bought cosmetics to choose from, but it is very much a hassle to change them all the time

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Just tried two restore missions and not getting any progress.
Land at the target settlement, no progress.
Disembark, no progress.
Power up, put out fires. No progress.
Relogged twice, flew away and back , flew away landed 200km away, apex taxi back.
No mission progress at all.
Can I grab the specific missions pleeease? I'll have your profile taken a look at too to see what might show. Thanks millions.

sallymorganmoore

Yeah, I'd like to see the suit thing fixed as well. I'd like to create a number of flight suit loadouts to be selectable, not just one base pattern, I have a lot of store bought cosmetics to choose from, but it is very much a hassle to change them all the time
Helloo, just to set you at ease a little, I've absolutely jotted both of your thoughts down on this :)

here are the journal entries for the mission acceptance both from Ayerdhal City in Bhadaba. They have been abandoned now and I've logged off

{ "timestamp":"2021-10-27T15:39:05Z", "event":"MissionAccepted", "Faction":"The Fatherhood", "Name":"Mission_OnFoot_RebootRestore_MB", "LocalisedName":"Prepare Olivares Synthetics Silo for operation", "Commodity":"$LargeCapacityPowerRegulator_Name;", "Commodity_Localised":"Power Regulator", "Count":1, "Expiry":"2021-10-27T22:42:02Z", "Wing":false, "Influence":"++", "Reputation":"++", "Reward":173343, "MissionID":816184296 }
{ "timestamp":"2021-10-27T15:39:38Z", "event":"MissionAccepted", "Faction":"The Fatherhood", "Name":"Mission_OnFoot_RebootRestore_MB", "LocalisedName":"Prepare Beck Industrial Forge for operation", "Commodity":"$LargeCapacityPowerRegulator_Name;", "Commodity_Localised":"Power Regulator", "Count":1, "Expiry":"2021-10-27T22:42:23Z", "Wing":false, "Influence":"++", "Reputation":"++", "Reward":213001, "MissionID":816184368 }

Overall I get more frames (~ +10), be it in space or in the station concourses. In settlements however, it stayed the same as it was before - around 40-45. Sometimes the frames tank horribly, especially when npcs are landing via dropship and (I suspect) when their path-finding is triggered. Other than that, good improvements.

sallymorganmoore

Concerning the Colonia Engineer - Baltanos, i gave him a quick kick in the shin's (did a mission for the Colonia Council, as per Zac's comment), then he suddenly remembered that i was allied with them.

However, when i arrived at his base, he accepted the items for the referral for the next engineer (10 Faction Associates data), but did not give me said referral, and "wants" more items. Relogging didn't help, a further shin kick may be required...
Hellooo, haha, loving the shin kick (although I doubt Baltanos was!!).
We'll keep investigating these :)

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
I'm having wild temperature fluctuations while standing on a planet surface, not moving. The temp goes from a base of 240k down to 155k and then back up. The time between changes, or the time spent at the lower temperature does not seem to be consistent.
Also the background changes 😄 have a look at the reflection in the SRV window.
Source: https://youtu.be/YqPD023NAbI

*edit just noticed it was capturing my desktop audio too, so you get some random Synthwave :)

Top Bottom