Patch Notes Update Elite Dangerous - PC and Xbox One update incoming

It does not crash if, or, It will not crash if. Not, "it do not crash if"

Not even if read as an instruction like "Do not cross the road if the red man is flashing"? Quite often bugfixes are expressed almost like instructions to the code (e.g. "stop seg faulting when counter reaches zero").

Not even if read as an instruction like "Do not cross the road if the red man is flashing"? Quite often bugfixes are expressed almost like instructions to the code (e.g. "stop seg faulting when counter reaches zero").

This is not asking for you to not crash. This is stating the client will not crash. "It don't crash" should be "It doesn't crash"

Idk about T6 tho... Even with those new mines mixed with explosive mines, ppl still get straight shots and I end up having to dump the minerals. I wish I had friends. Probably shouldn't have spent all my time as a pirate, breaking hatches and canopies for less creds than a bit of peacekeeping in the warzones.

The T6 can't fight but it's one of the best ships in the game for running away. If you have fully upgraded thrusters and a fully upgraded power distributor, you can put four pips in ENG and boost continuously at 405 m/s light or 370 m/s loaded. There are ships that can keep up, but they have to divert power away from the guns to do it.

In PvP you can still get taken out by someone who's got a 'conda full of beam lasers or is a good shot with a railgun, but in PvE it's a pretty good strategy.

Five months on and we still haven't gotten any content updates. Not impressed. This current season pass better carry through to next year. Right now i'm not getting my monies worth from Horizons.

So annoying that XBox players get all the love and attention, 24/7. What do PC players ever get? (runs)

You are joking right? :S :eek:

FYI: This is the first update the XB1 version has received in 2016. The last one was way back in DECEMBER 2015! I'm not joking!

Surprised? Well... Go look it up! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Quick question, do we get any paint jobs we already own on PC? I bought on xbox GPP in June. Then bought it on PC in October, with paint jobs and Horizons beta. One of which being the black friday bonus. My Xbox and PC accounts are same Cmdr name and linked to same frontier account. Many thanks for any info.

This was mentioned on the live stream last Tuesday. They said it was not possible and that you need to buy the paint jobs again to be able to use them on a different platform. I think this is a shame as if someone is dedicated enough to own 2 copies of the game on 2 different platforms then it seems a bit harsh to fleece them for twice the cost to use a paintjob on both accounts, especially when they are linked to the same frontier account.

Xbox commanders can now show up in top 5 wanted commanders? This is so stupid. So now when I find myself a nice bounty I can possibly be looking for someone who doesn't even exist, great thinking frontier.

Just sayin' - that is really weird wording right there. I thought for a second cross play was going to mean something else :)

Regards o9

I think it should be fairly obvious it means purchasers of the Arena standalone will play with existing owners of Elite on the Xbox, nothing wierd there at all.

Xbox commanders can now show up in top 5 wanted commanders? This is so stupid. So now when I find myself a nice bounty I can possibly be looking for someone who doesn't even exist, great thinking frontier.

I am fairly sure that means that players on the xbox can appear on the top 5 list in the local news on the xbox, not the pc, as you seem to think.

Last edited:
Looking at pricing on the US xbox store we are kinda getting the shaft here. At their cheapest 2500 points at $36.99 a 700pt paint pack is $10.35 vs our US PC counterparts which is $7. I get that we will pay more vs. the pound but when we have to pay more than our PC counterparts thats not ok!

Last edited:
Looking at pricing on the US xbox store we are kinda getting the shaft here. At their cheapest 2500 points at $36.99 a 700pt paint pack is $10.35 vs our US PC counterparts which is $7. I get that we will pay more vs. the pound but when we have to pay more than our PC counterparts thats not ok!

Maybe Microsoft gets a cut?

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

I think it should be fairly obvious it means purchasers of the Arena standalone will play with existing owners of Elite on the Xbox, nothing wierd there at all.

Usually "crossplay" means cross-platform, though, hence the confusion.

I am fairly sure that means that players on the xbox can appear on the top 5 list in the local news on the xbox, not the pc, as you seem to think.

I think they appear on both, but before this Xbox players saw *only* PC players on the list, so it was even more useless.

Granted, this means you might see people you can never instance with -- but given that people can switch back and forth between open, private, and solo, there was never a guarantee of that anyway.

Microsoft are responsible for store pricing on the xbox, and you dont have to pay more V the pound, the same packs are £5 each which at current conversion rates is $7.23.

Maybe Microsoft gets a cut?

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Usually "crossplay" means cross-platform, though, hence the confusion.

I think they appear on both, but before this Xbox players saw *only* PC players on the list, so it was even more useless.

Granted, this means you might see people you can never instance with -- but given that people can switch back and forth between open, private, and solo, there was never a guarantee of that anyway.

Microsoft are responsible for store pricing on the xbox, and you dont have to pay more V the pound, the same packs are £5 each which at current conversion rates is $7.23.

Microsoft gets a cut of the money you buy the points for yea and I understand the Pound to Dollar conversion. However if you buy a pack on the PC in the US for $7 and then I have to pay $10.32-$10.50 for the same product on xbox that seems wrong to me.

Also in the UK its 9.99 for 1000 points and 500 points for each pack which is the same cost as it is on PC in the UK. What they should have done is make the packs 500pts in the US stores as well and just raised the price of the points to match conversion. Hopefully its fixed soon.

Greetings Commanders,

It looks like there was an oversight in the pricing for the US paints. With them set to 700 points each it actually makes each pack more expensive than any other platform. It looks like they set the "$7" price per pack for PC and 700 points figuring it was the same 100pt=$1 as it does in the UK

Its really an easy fix. Either make them 9.99/1000 points and leave the 700 points per paint or drop the paints to 500 pts and leave it at the $14.99 (which really is still a little more as 9.99 pounds = 14.57)

Last edited:
I wish the current system map would be cached in memory, it's a bit silly to have to wait up to 30 sec sometimes to just check something on the map while flying around in supercruise.

Five months on and we still haven't gotten any content updates. Not impressed. This current season pass better carry through to next year. Right now i'm not getting my monies worth from Horizons.

It's a patch to fix bugs, not change the game play.

Game play changes are a'coming in 1.6/2.1. Keep your hair on. Adding things to the game is not an instant thing no matter how much you'd like it to be.

I'm amazed that the developers have managed to get the next release out in 6 short months, given what it contains, that's damn fine development.

But I'll bet you complain about it when it does arrive.

You're just not happy unless your unhappy....er... that didn't come out right...

Last edited:
Top Bottom