Elite Dangerous PS4 Feature Requests and PS4 FAQ

It would be great to have the 'ships voice' come through the speaker on the controller.. I would really enjoy that,

Also want to add my name to "want 4k and hud custom colour and VR" crowds...

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
It would be great to have the 'ships voice' come through the speaker on the controller.. I would really enjoy that,

Also want to add my name to "want 4k and hud custom colour and VR" crowds...

Yeh, all three are in the wish list although to be honest, at this point it very much has become a wishful thinking list. :)

I've been playing this on xbox one x and although i aim loving the 4k graphics on the xbox one x I also have a ps4 pro with psvr and yes i would switch immediately over to the ps4 pro if I could play this in vr. There's a lot of psvr games that graphically are equil to elite dangerous valkyrie and ace combat 7 also the vr experience from starwars battlefront.
I believe it is possible if they can do it with a full AAA title like skyrim working beautifully then I don't see why they couldn't pull it off with elite dangerous
Unless there is another reason that the devs are not saying. Maybe at these social events someone needs to ask the developers in person

So elite dangerous its not in 4k right? So its useless switching supersampling on..... right? Am i wrong?
No you're not wrong, on ps4 pro, the quality mode is still only 1080p.

Whether, with supersampling enabled, the pro would upscale it internally and then downsample to 1080p is not something I've tried. Even if it worked with a 1080p game I expect the difference would probably be negligible or none at all.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
No you're not wrong, on ps4 pro, the quality mode is still only 1080p.

Whether, with supersampling enabled, the pro would upscale it internally and then downsample to 1080p is not something I've tried. Even if it worked with a 1080p game I expect the difference would probably be negligible or none at all.

Yeh interesting. I asked Lloyd that very question months ago because you get the 'supersampling enabled' message when launching ED. Never got an answer. To be honest Warframe does the same and that's not 4K either.

it would be pretty cool if there was cross platform ability like if i could play on the PC and my friend that has it on ps4 and we could form a wing or do multicrew
u

I'm disappointed that the lighting model doesn't support a planet being lit from two sides.

I recently found a planet in between two Suns, but only the half nearest the closer sun was lit. The second sun was only 69Ls away, on the other side of the planet, yet that side of the planet was pitch black!

I thought I was going to see something beautifully unusual (a planet that never has a night time) but instead I was faced with the stark (and immersion-breaking) reality of a design limitation.

Maybe the new lighting model in the forthcoming release will address this?

Last edited:
30FPS switch

Hi CMDR's!

At first, sorry for my bad english. As I can see, the game can't hold a steady speed, especially in the Beyond Chapter 4. Because of that I would like to ask for an optional 30 FPS switch (at least in the solo mode) for those who want consistent performance. For me, it's very disturbing to play with variable, unstable fps. I think it would be a nice addition.

It would be great, given the limited controls on the consoles, if we could toggle the HUD mode and enter FSS mode from the system panel, if these are features we're not going to use often given the way we're playing the game. Not everyone needs Toggle Flight Assist bound to a key; not everyone needs FSS on it either.

Since this is an FAQ, is anyone getting worse-than-normal stuttering in supercruise since the 3.3 update? It's very jarring at times, and it's happening to me now in places where it wasn't before (like way outside the Bubble where there are no NPCs). I think it's also interfering with the FSS (jerky controls), which is just an overlay in supercruise. Seeing that exploring happens 99% in supercruise now, it sure would be nice if the framerate was smooth.

No AI interdictions when in PSS mode. In fact do away with AI interdictions all together or restrict them to when you first jump into a system.

I got a PSVR set for Christmas and today I was thinking about starting to play ED again but remembered there is no VR support on PS4. So any news on that? It might make me pick up the game because without PSVR support I'm gonna keep the game shelved. Imagine how much I would spend again on skins and stuff because all looks new and shiny again or don't you want my money anymore?

I got a PSVR set for Christmas and today I was thinking about starting to play ED again but remembered there is no VR support on PS4. So any news on that? It might make me pick up the game because without PSVR support I'm gonna keep the game shelved. Imagine how much I would spend again on skins and stuff because all looks new and shiny again or don't you want my money anymore?

No news, but a prediction - no PSVR until PS5, and even then, I'm not holding my breath. Playstation in general seems to be a low priority at Frontier Developments ever since the launch.

Top Bottom