Elite Dangerous: Tourist Beacon Competition Winners Announced!

Congratulations Commanders! I hope to see your names in the Tourist Beacon spreadsheet soon!

Remember to let us know what beacon number you get assigned. =)

Wonder how long it'll take for the new CG megaships/these becaons to be put into the game. Has FD streamlined that process?

So maybe some of the contestants misunderstood the conditions to have their entries selected.

Yes, you are totally right. I had about 5-6 systems in mind and instead of taking the most interesting system I have chosen the one where the potential of making nice looking pictures was higher. Honestly, that is how I understood the requirements from FDev for what they want to get. All of that emphasis on the in-system pictures was misleading, especially on the comments from them for the posts of first participants.

Someone said these beacons would be implemented on the 28th October, although I don't think I've seen anything official about that. 🤷‍♂️
That's what the GalNet news said. And I think that's when the 5000 ARX will be available, or has anyone already received it?
(Translated with DeepL)

Congratulations to the winners! Though my entry didn't get a tourist beacon, I kinda already have one back from when FDev asked for good places to set tourist beacons and passenger sightseeing destinations, circa 2016. TRA X-1 is where mine is at. :)

Hello, I haven't received the 5000 ARX yet either.
But the Tourist Beacon is not yet in my system either. Have any of you already received it?
I flew to Flyiedgiae DM-C d164 this morning and spent the whole day in the vicinity, looking in from time to time. Nothing!! hm

Hello, I haven't received the 5000 ARX yet either.
But the Tourist Beacon is not yet in my system either. Have any of you already received it?
I flew to Flyiedgiae DM-C d164 this morning and spent the whole day in the vicinity, looking in from time to time. Nothing!! hm
Checked mine and not got my 5000 ARX yet. Not checcked the system yet for the beacon but gonna check later. Only 5 jumps away lol

Top Bottom