Elite Dangerous: Tourist Beacon Competition Winners Announced!

Speaking of which, I've been seeing this on EDMC when I'm in my system that is supposed to have the beacon, but it isn't there... Anyone else seeing this in their own systems?
View attachment 272753
"Tourist" there doesn't mean "tourist beacon". It means "something more interesting/rare than usual" and is followed by a list of such things.
What plugin is this? I never have seen it.
Canonn.

"Tourist" there doesn't mean "tourist beacon". It means "something more interesting/rare than usual" and is followed by a list of such things.

Canonn.
Ah, my bad then, dunno, thought there might of maybe been a bug in the implementation and it was partially there.

5sxfcy.jpg

I think making up the text isnt going as fast as we think. If only few people are responsible about Beacon text message creation. It can take a bit time imo to make 50 nice sounding messages.

They promised us the 50 beacons by 28.10., even though they knew they wouldn't make it because of the text? I don't think so, the text will probably always be the same. Only the names will be changed.

I think making up the text isnt going as fast as we think. If only few people are responsible about Beacon text message creation. It can take a bit time imo to make 50 nice sounding messages.

Maybe so, but whatever the reason if there is a delay then it would be the right thing to communicate that with us. Even a simple message with a new expected data would be fine.

Hey! We're fully aware of it and so are the narrative team - things are just taking longer than expected! The winners should have received/be receiving their ARX this week too.
Thanks for the update! Any ideas on a date they might be added or is that unknown at this point?

Last edited:
Hey! We're fully aware of it and so are the narrative team - things are just taking longer than expected! The winners should have received/be receiving their ARX this week too.
Thanks for the answer! Can you tell us something about the content of the tourists beacons? Are they going to display information about the features of each system?

Top Bottom