Elite Dangerous - Tritium Efficiency Update

Still perplexed about the change.
Why not removing tritium at all and introduce passive fuel scooping?

To still make tritium a real "player commodity" and not some "AFK FARMING FUEL" . Tritium is good , for real. I may be wrong since FD dont communicate alot on their aim , but FC are not meant to be exploration vessel. Or at least not the same way we used to have. Mining can be community driven , and making a full FC from the bubulle now grant you nearly the whole galaxy as range. Again , DSSA was the right way to use FC imo. Again it's just opinion , but i like the fact they did not give us exploration machine. would kill some of the exploration "fun".

Many complained on casualisation of games , and making tri scoopable would be great part of that. I'm not for that , while i can agree it's not fun for everyone to mine , working toward a goal is a part of the game , the hard part is to keep theses "work part" short enought not to bore players. (and clearly this "patch" is going that way).

As a trader of tritium, this change is probably for the best. On one hand, I'd like consumption to be high, so I can sell more of it (it's not unreasonable to think this change will halve demand), on the other hand, I don't want general mining mechanics to be exploitative such that other mine-able materials can make someone rich too fast. This change keeps mining where it is, which is fair, and allows explorers a viable method of self sufficiency. Will consumption actually be halved now? I don't think so. There are a lot of cmdrs staying put because they are afraid of getting stranded. I expect consumption to increase now that cmdrs are now free to roam in their fleet carriers without worry, so I believe it's a win for traders too. Good change and I hope for the best.

The joy of finding that key placed overlap. Sure you can move your carrier with a single tritium hotspot but those rare jewels of Tri2/3 overlaps should have meaning. They don’t now.

Our DSSA crew has found a ton of interesting things because we were sweeping areas looking for trit that might otherwise have been passed over and remained undiscovered. This in effect ties people to the bubble, always going back to refuel rather than staying out for long periods of time and being self-sufficient (off the grid).
Doesn't this effectively mean you can sweep the areas as much as before, but only have to mine half the time?
Especially for the DSSA this changes nothing. Or are you in the gib-passive-income crowd?

Awesome, I'm happy with this. Been saying for a while tritium needed to be more effective. I know some time has been wasted finding the deep space hotspots but with this change that isn't even a restriction to worry about any more.

However I would add my voice to the others who noted that there is still no word on the supply issues in Colonia. Imo it should be possible to use Colonia as a refuelling port to buy tritium on the way out to other areas of the galaxy.

Our DSSA crew has found a ton of interesting things because we were sweeping areas looking for trit that might otherwise have been passed over and remained undiscovered. This in effect ties people to the bubble, always going back to refuel rather than staying out for long periods of time and being self-sufficient (off the grid).

One solution is to continue with your more thorough searches whether you're looking for Trit or not.

I'm not sure how it ties people to the bubble, you can still mine for fuel.

Greetings Commanders!

We'd like to talk about the recent patches and a change we have just made to the live game.

Since the release of Fleet Carriers we've made changes intended to balance the overwhelming effect of overlapping hotspots, with the latest update resolving the cause of this issue and bringing hotspots back in line with our original goals. Singular hotspots now provide a significant bonus to a resources' frequency over the rest of the ring and areas where multiple hotspots overlap are still more lucrative than their non-overlapped counterparts, but at much more reasonable levels.

One effect of the latest patch that we felt could be improved further was how it impacts tritium. The reduction in availability of tritium, most notably at overlapping hotspots, has made getting around the galaxy by mining the commodity more time consuming than we would like. In order to maintain the new, more natural distribution of tritium within icy asteroid rings, we will instead be increasing its effect.

Tritium is now twice as potent, allowing Fleet Carriers to consume 50% less fuel (this includes the base tritium requirement) and effectively doubling the capacity of their fuel tank. This change should be effective immediately but players may still see old values until they next log in

Thank you as always to our community for your ongoing feedback.
Thank you Fdev

Awesome, I'm happy with this. Been saying for a while tritium needed to be more effective. I know some time has been wasted finding the deep space hotspots but with this change that isn't even a restriction to worry about any more.

However I would add my voice to the others who noted that there is still no word on the supply issues in Colonia. Imo it should be possible to use Colonia as a refuelling port to buy tritium on the way out to other areas of the galaxy.
Keep your hands from our tritium 😜

Top Bottom