Patch Notes Update Elite: Dangerous Update 1.04 Change Log

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Good to see the aggro fix for bounty hunting (just as I've moved to trading doh).

Disappointed by the lack of new cups for the cupholders though. Need some dice as well for my T6 and a novelty airhorn.

Welcome back.

I agree, there is a distinct lack of fuzzy dice in this universe!

Nice fixes!

- Fix only the first consequence being applied to the universe state when completing a mission
So changes to the universe state are calculated and applied by the client, not by the server? That seems wrong to me, but I'm ignorant on such matters.

Michael Brookes

Game Director
There are some online changes as well which Andy will post in his update, but one change is worth mentioning here - there should be an improvement in matchmaking that should mean you are more likely to see other players if they are in the same region as you.

Does this mean same region of space in-game, or same geographical region in real life?

Same region of space.

Michael

Hi everyone,
There are some online changes as well which Andy will post in his update, but one change is worth mentioning here - there should be an improvement in matchmaking that should mean you are more likely to see other players if they are in the same region as you.

THIS!!! I may no longer feel like I am playing solo in Open Play. Thanks FD! :D

Michael Brookes

Game Director
Prevent inconsistencies between client and server in which parts of a sector are and are not occupied

Can you explain what this means, Michael? Does it have something to do with the unstable sectors of space people have been getting stuck in?

Yes, it should help with some star systems not working.

Michael

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom