Patch Notes Elite Dangerous - Update 3.7.05

what about the bug that won't let us open the guardian structure doors with AI relics?

Lol I tried hard to figure that out too. Then one day I realized there was dirt blockading the door behind. They're caved in(?). Probably an Odyssey update. Bummer too...they're big enough for an SRV.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200908-063810.png
    Screenshot_20200908-063810.png
    803.3 KB · Views: 264
You can bypass by loading ED via Steam WITHOUT Horizons but no way to play with (that I can find). GJ51 is either very lucky or playing without Horizons.
I stopped to use steam 15 months ago about. When steam was updating, then launcher was updating, then steam steps in and updates back - loop.
I just downloaded launcher then, copied steam install and let it "fix" separated. Basically it is 2 launchers which are not synced. We need 3rd to judge! :D

Standalone works ok with horizons.

Greetings Commanders!

This patch brings the following fixes:

Crashes & stability
  • Fixed an issue when reading inbox messages in Supercruise caused the game to crash
Fleet Carriers
  • Fixed a bug causing delays and disconnections when entering a location with Fleet Carriers present
  • Fixed a UI focus issue which allowed players to sell ships in the background while using Carrier Management
Mining
  • Stopped depleted motherlode asteroids from respawning when a player flies a Ship-Launched Fighter beyond its maximum limit
Thanks as always for your feedback!

o7
o7

The mining change seems to have screwed up the pulse wave scanner. I've only tested it for around 30 minutes, but my impression is that the scanner has lost a huge amount of range. Distant asteroids don't glow even faintly, but then suddenly start glowing when you get close (In a fast ship you suddenly spot a core next to you thinking "how did I miss that?"). This has effectively killed core mining for me, as it's makes finding cores much more difficult. Previously, you could spot the right kind of asteroid from a distance with experience, if they had the right (faint) glow and shape. But now it seems to be just flying blindly and hoping one appears in front of you, which is terrible gameplay.

Found a bug I think. Was returning to carrier with a load of ore when patch hit. On return I docked and cannot transfer inventory over to the carrier. Both the transfer and management screens show I have 21436/25000 room, but, as soon as I start swapping ore in either direction the transfer screen goes red and shows 36456/25000 which prevents transfers to the carrier.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: XYZ
Found a bug I think. Was returning to carrier with a load of ore when patch hit. On return I docked and cannot transfer inventory over to the carrier. Both the transfer and management screens show I have 21436/25000 room, but, as soon as I start swapping ore in either direction the transfer screen goes red and shows 36456/25000 which prevents transfers to the carrier.
I can confirm this. Read your post and tried transferring limpets from my ship to the carrier. Won't let me.

Full.png

EDIT: Reported on tracker here https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/19343

Last edited:
Getting a constant Update Required notification when I launch from the Oculus software, I can play in VR because it just ignores that window and launches the game, but starting in desktop mode there is no way to get around it. Please help Frontier. <3

Edit: Yes the Oculus launcher did download and install today's patch.

You can bypass by loading ED via Steam WITHOUT Horizons but no way to play with (that I can find). GJ51 is either very lucky or playing without Horizons.

EDIT (1430 BST) - Looks like they fixed it - it launched OK from my desktop shortcut just now.

I just closed the launcher then selected Play from the Steam Library, chose Horizons radio button in Steam's little window and the launcher loaded with just a blue Play button - clicked that and game loaded fine. It just doesn't seem to like you launching from a desktop shortcut at the moment.

steamy.jpg

It is stupid that you have to go through the Steam Library, Select play and choose Horizons to get a launcher, they need to fix this pdq:

steamy1.jpg

Last edited:
I just closed the launcher then selected Play from the Steam Library, chose Horizons radio button in Steam's little window and the launcher loaded with just a blue Play button - clicked than and game loaded fine. It just doesn't seem to like you launching from a desktop shortcut at the moment.
+1 - Thanks! :D

I just closed the launcher then selected Play from the Steam Library, chose Horizons radio button in Steam's little window and the launcher loaded with just a blue Play button - clicked that and game loaded fine. It just doesn't seem to like you launching from a desktop shortcut at the moment.

View attachment 187232

It is stupid that you have to go through the Steam Library, Select play and choose Horizons to get a launcher, they need to fix this pdq:

View attachment 187236
it's same for basic fit Dangerous .. same each time choosing it

View attachment 187232

View attachment 187236

Yea, that's how i started too - the launcher seems borked.

yoohooohooo.. Elite! Give me PRIZE - The HORIZONTS ..
have found it - little crap ..
:( but problem is not solved - same window
(edited) - validation popped-up this window with update required but problem is same - launcher crippled .. probably by Thargoids

Attachments

• 2020-09-08 15-17-24.jpg
    2020-09-08 15-17-24.jpg
    417.7 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
Top Bottom