Elite Dangerous: Update 7.01 and Horizons Update (PC Only)

Are you sure you mean turret (camera??)? All I could think of when I read this was the function (forgot the correct naming) of keeping the horizon stable. But that was a function that affected the whole SRV, not just the Turret view. Now I'm a bit confused, especially as I can't find this function in the SRV settings anymore. Could it have been lost in the last update?
not shue. But in Update 6 all worked as a charm

And not, i do not think that problem in this option. It is more like floating point problem when SRV recalculate its align to the surface

Hello!! Would you mind, please :)? That would be so, so helpful.
Can you include your netlogs from a session where you encountered this too please? You can DM me the ticket after if you like.
Thanks so, so much.
Will do

@sallymorganmoore such a question. With the release of the Odyssey, we only do what we kill, rob, disable settlements (well, okay, sometimes we restore them, but rarely). Are you planning any creative missions for the players (to build, protect from robbers, repair the station, etc.)

Hi Sally,

I didnt see anything mentioned about stuttering/low FPS/game freeze that happens in conflict zones. The way it stutters/etc has changed a bit with each patch, though, so is this one of those permanent issues that just hasn't been listed, but is being looked at? If so, maybe at the bottom of the fixes, you could list those permanent til resolved issues? If not, can this be added to the list?

• Folk flying around in their ships (NPCs) can now be expected to spawn around settlements and planetary ports or in space locations that are close to planets.
    • Such as Conflict Zones & Resource Extraction Sites.

Thanks!

I saw some ships doing combat while in a ground conflict zone. Is that the same thing?

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Will do

@sallymorganmoore such a question. With the release of the Odyssey, we only do what we kill, rob, disable settlements (well, okay, sometimes we restore them, but rarely). Are you planning any creative missions for the players (to build, protect from robbers, repair the station, etc.)
Not something I can answer here in this deployment thread, or something I would be answering in comments but I am really excited for more content to come to the game, which we'll definitely update you all on more formally as we move :)

Like the post says, consoles can't immediately deploy updates. There's a verification process.
Yeah, devs have to submit updates / patches to what is called "Cert" or certification, and it can take Microsoft / Sony a few weeks to process it through sometimes. And if they say "No good, not approved", devs got to go back, change stuff, rebuild the version, and then send it in again and wait once more. Reason why console hotfixes always come at least one week later.

sallymorganmoore

Hi Sally,

I didnt see anything mentioned about stuttering/low FPS/game freeze that happens in conflict zones. The way it stutters/etc has changed a bit with each patch, though, so is this one of those permanent issues that just hasn't been listed, but is being looked at? If so, maybe at the bottom of the fixes, you could list those permanent til resolved issues? If not, can this be added to the list?
That's because optimisation continues.

I saw some ships doing combat while in a ground conflict zone. Is that the same thing?
Yas.

sallymorganmoore

If so, maybe at the bottom of the fixes, you could list those permanent til resolved issues? If not, can this be added to the list?
Also, sorry, missed this bit.
What you're asking there is the issue tracker top 20 list thing we do. I wish I had the time to include everything like that but it would bloat and confuse MASSIVELY with point updates. I just don't have the capacity to comment on progress of absolutely everything at times like this, hehe! I'm so sorry.

Sorry to be a "grinch", hate to say it, but the support missions would still seem to be hiding.... Interestingly, the number of transport missions has doubled since the patch. Hope these will reappear soon, they are my go to place for mat farming :) I can grab the old suit schematics and other nice stuff by snaking into the power buildings and and rifling the lockers after noting the code, but support missions are a much easier way to do it, and get your data too

Attachments

• Culled support missions.jpg
    Culled support missions.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 57
Sorry to be a "grinch", hate to say it, but the support missions would still seem to be hiding.... Interestingly, the number of transport missions has doubled since the patch. Hope these will reappear soon, they are my go to place for mat farming :) I can grab the old suit schematics and other nice stuff by snaking into the power buildings and and rifling the lockers after noting the code, but support missions are a much easier way to do it, and get your data too
You're looking in the wrong place, common issue :) Eluscap has no factions in negative states - and Support missions are still from factions in ... negative states.

Edit: Before Patch 7 even factions in negative states often had no support missions. I'm seeing a lot more now.

That's because optimisation continues.
Ok, edited my brain to include that under optimisations...thanks!

Also, sorry, missed this bit.
What you're asking there is the issue tracker top 20 list thing we do. I wish I had the time to include everything like that but it would bloat and confuse MASSIVELY with point updates. I just don't have the capacity to comment on progress of absolutely everything at times like this, hehe! I'm so sorry.

Ahh, my bad, right, that's already covered by that list. Ok, thanks again!

Interestingly, the number of transport missions has doubled since the patch.
I've noticed this too in the few stations I've been to already. Prior to Update 7 it would mostly be Combat heavy, but now almost half of the available missions seem to be Transport.

You're looking in the wrong place, common issue :) Eluscap has no factions in negative states - and Support missions are still from factions in ... negative states.

Edit: Before Patch 7 even factions in negative states often had no support missions. I'm seeing a lot more now.
Yep, I dunno how people are missing them. Usually I go to a system to do one thing and get distracted by all the scavs in the next system over. I've been trying to ruin my rep with Sirius for 3 weeks now. Just keep getting distracted by all he juicy dead settlements nearby. 🤷‍♂️

Edit:
Optimisation
you-keep-using-that-word.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom