Elite Dangerous Update 7 Progress

Do we trust words though? I mean according to the financial report Odyssey's problems were 'connection issues'.. I just want to trust actions now, words would be nice of course but actions speak louder, currently the actions just tell me another weeks delay.
There is unlikely to be a public statement regarding the actual issues surrounding the launch of EDO.

As for the remainder... If a couple of days delay in a series of events that are likely to be occuring for many more months yet is a 'tragedy', presenting a solution that is likely to be satisfactory is unlikely.

Me? I'll just continue to interject polite comments and do the only thing I'm able in the situation - wait. 🤷‍♂️

I'll leave it to others to be somewhat more vociferous - it won't change anything, will it?

Do we trust words though? I mean according to the financial report Odyssey's problems were 'connection issues'.. I just want to trust actions now, words would be nice of course but actions speak louder, currently the actions just tell me another weeks delay.
ConnectivityIssues.jpg

Exactly what another poster said a few pages ago. Frontier are damned if they do, damned if they don’t. People went mental and demanded them to communicate more. They start communicating more, and now people are moaning about not trusting their words. They got railed against for releasing Odyssey too early, people shouted at them that they should have waited until it was in a better state. The same people are now shouting at them that a patch is being delayed thanks to them doing the very thing that they were asked to do.

And people expect the employees to also love the game like “they” do, and play it in their time off to boot. Imagine. You’re at work all day, constantly noticing that you’re repeatedly being called inept by our wonderful community, and you‘re expected to wind down after that by coming home and…

Last edited:
Exactly what another poster said a few pages ago. Frontier are damned if they do, damned if they don’t. People went mental and demanded them to communicate more. They start communicating more, and now people are moaning about not trusting their words.

And people expect the employees to also love the game like “they” do, and play it in their time off to boot. Imagine. You’re at work all day, constantly noticing that you’re repeatedly being called inept by our wonderful community, and you‘re expected to wind down after that by coming home and…
Very unkind Mick... Those kind forumites calling the Devs (at best) inept (often hinting at darker things) would obviously expect them to never go home and unwind, instead play the game in a way those kind souls wish and magically make everything 'better' because they now 'understand' how to play the game 'the right way'!

It would make no difference whatever any Frontier employee did, there would still be discontent because no-one here agrees what is 'proper'... Why even Mr Braben is expected to grovel by some, because he is the CEO, so guilty of unspeakable crimes against both game and players, you know!

A lot of people accidentally wiped their bindings and can't figure out which button it is to turn off auto-moan.

Having worked in games in the distant past, when the internet wasn't really much of a thing, I have literally no idea how people psychologically cope with the high pressures of writing a game against a background of thousands of strangers telling you you're rubbish. If I ran a game company I'd tell the designers never to look at the forums at all!

Top Bottom