News Elite Dangerous Video

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Just been posted on Kickstarter :D

No game footage, though the monitors behind David could be showing WIP?

Some nice Concept art and ship designs.

LINK

Last edited:

LINK

Hmmm. I hope this isn't the video, because it's not going to really do anything to pull anyone else in - people who maybe aren't hardcore Elite fans. ;)

Having said that, from the point of view of a hardcore Elite fan, the stuff on those monitors in the background looks most intriguing! Could there be movement around the star ports? :) And there are some nice explosions on the monitors to the far right. :)

The cockpit view looks a bit disappointing going by those monitors, but then again that might be very early stage footage.

Last edited:

Some nice Concept art and ship designs.

LINK

The monitors are showing an early multiplayer test. Check out David's latest Kickstarter comment.

Sir.Tj

Volunteer Moderator
The monitors are showing an early multiplayer test. Check out David's latest Kickstarter comment.

Here's David's Comment on kickstarter.

CreatorFrontier Developments15 minutes ago

Video and art should be up there now.
A.I. - there should be a "play" button on the "Elite: Dangerous" logo on the home page.
For those that are unclear - the video monitors behind me in the sequence (and in the BBC sequences) are of an early test of multiplayer in Elite: Dangerous.

jefferytony

J
if you watch the bottom left monitor behind David, towards the end of the video, you can see a ship come into view. the cockpit rolls just like Elite used to and that ships does a 180 again just like the original. shame we can't see that screen a bit closer!!!

my god i'm excited about this game! I think i may have to double my pledge!

Sir.Tj

Volunteer Moderator
battleuz.jpg

Think this will be my Desktop wallpaper for a while :D

That did not convince me to put my money in. :(
I expected something a bit more substantial but it seems there really is not much more than concept art that does not even resemble anything shown on the monitors. How close to reality are those concept art images to what the game engine is able to show ?

That's an awesome pic.

The Cobra looks nice & slick, wasn't sure if it would be in the game a while back as I had preconceptions of a post Turner Class galaxy for Elite 4.

Thumbs up:D

Sir.Tj

Volunteer Moderator
That's an awesome pic.

The Cobra looks nice & slick, wasn't sure if it would be in the game a while back as I had preconceptions of a post Turner Class galaxy for Elite 4.

Thumbs up:D

Elite without the Cobra!!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Loving the concept art, hope the game looks as good. :smilie:

Last edited:
if you watch the bottom left monitor behind David, towards the end of the video, you can see a ship come into view. the cockpit rolls just like Elite used to and that ships does a 180 again just like the original. shame we can't see that screen a bit closer!!!

my god i'm excited about this game! I think i may have to double my pledge!

What I don't understand is why not focus more of the video on the good stuff going on in the background? There's clearly some exciting footage going on there. ;)

Elite without the Cobra? Sacrilege!!

Awesome but I want to see more:D DB certainly seems jazzed about it.
Want to see a vid of ship damage.
I may have to upgrade my pledge.

Some of the ship renders showing quite intricate internal structures... looks like those of us asking to get up and walk around their own craft might be in luck :)

Sir.Tj

Volunteer Moderator
I think this is a handsome beast, wouldn't mind doing a few asassination missions with this.

shipjf.jpg

Want to see the Cobra next.........

Last edited:
I think the artwork and the art style in the videos looks just right.

From looking closely to the videos in the background it feels like they've paid attention to keeping the 'feel' of Elite.

I think its the scaling and light sourcing that makes me the most happy. This is reflected in the concept art. Its not cartoony thank the Lord and just soft enough to avoid the harshness of excessive high res.

Also, if you look at Eve's ship designs they seemed to be a step back from Freespace 2 and Freelancer which have some of the best design. X-BTF was just a hodge podge with no clear direction. Elite: Dangerous doesn't seem to suffer from that and might just be the best design yet...

Its looking good people. Might have to support and 'double your pledge' campaign that might come along....

I think this is a handsome beast, wouldn't mind doing a few asassination missions with this.

shipjf.jpg

Want to see the Cobra next.........

This reminds me of a "Wolf" craft from the Amiga version.. it was Beastly!
Upped my pledge!
And the more media we get the more i will put aside, this is my 2014 birthday present to me ;)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom