Elite Dangerous YouTube 3D Animated Mini Series

Hi everyone! I'm Creating a 3D animated series for youtube set in the Elite Dangerous Universe; In a similar style to Rooster Teeth's GEN:LOCK to cut down render time.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmeYSCn54IM

It will be a mini-series of three or four episodes 30 to 45 minutes each and will be called 'Elite Dangerous: Reconciliation'. I am in the very early stages of production Here's what I've done so far:

1) Coriolis/Space Station Blender Modelling
space station Step 3.3.jpg

2) My custom Spacecraft/Fighter for the series!
Fire ant.png

3) One of many character designs to come. This is a base drawing in a standard T Pose ready for costume design and modelling :)
female character.png

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask and any feedback is appreciated :)

O7 Commanders!!

Last edited:
I've thought this would be great idea for some time now and if it was implemented by fdev to introduce and close phases of the community goals or interstellar initiatives and replace an ingame text passage it would make both seem a bit more like it was having a lasting and realistic effect on the outcomes and give more of a storyline that's affected by cmdrs in game actions.

Interesting Idea, I can incorporate the happenings in the background simulation but it's highly likely that it'll be out of date by release. I will try my best to pull it off!

If you do a good job they hopefully might hire you 😁
I just think that seeing in animation the things achieved/failed to achieve would make the whole thing more interesting and could even draw in new players...
Look forward to seeing your work though 👍

Na, probably not :) I want it to be as immersive as possible by using in game places, faction/faction leaders and superpowers. The reason I'm doing this is because sci-fi TV and movies have been written and produced without passion for their franchise lately, just as a cash cow; and I want create something that Elite/sci-fi fans can be passionate about while improving the skills I've developed. That being said, my skills are far from perfect, but it is a passion project.

Last edited:
I just hope that youre going to implement a encounter with a 3-wing of 3 Federal COrvettes in the name of the Federation ;) (And Perhaps cutters,but they'll lose (ofc))

Commanders! O7

Just an update, I've been scouting different places for parts of the story to take place in and I'm hard at work writing the script. In the next two days, I will be uploading the design for the series' protagonist.

Fly safe Commanders! O7

I will be, I haven't written all of the characters yet, but I welcome auditions. I if you want, you can use the above script and PM me your take on it, in wave format (if possible).

About the protagonist:
Dex is very methodical, he can sometimes come across as paranoid, but it's behavior learned from life as a bounty hunter and ethical federation merc. At his core, he's a kind and troubled soul often questioning his own morality and with a fierce intellect, he takes down his target; either using hand to hand combat or in his reliable and agile Vulture.

these are only guidelines, so feel free to add your own Ideas.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Top Bottom