Elite Dangerous YouTube 3D Animated Mini Series

Commander! O7
This is what I've done on the Protagonist so far.

Sorry I'm running late, had some complications with doctors and I'm now back on it :)

Thanks for your support! I'm enjoying writing the series Scripts and can get emotional for me in some scenes. I am sending the scripts to a few Literary Managers to see if a studio wants to take this series on (but can't promise anything), If there are no takers, I will carry on regardless and power through the 3D modeling :) O7 Commanders

Look forward to this. Even if you dont get the backing to go big with this series, please do it anyway. If it's as good as I'm expecting plenty of people will fund it 👍

Merry Christmas, Commanders!

Just an update, I will be handing out the script for the first episode in early January and will upload images of my latest 3d work throughout the month. If you would like a copy of the script, please PM my inbox. I will only be releasing the first script this way, obviously because of spoilers and I want to give the elite dangerous community the opportunity to do some voice acting. I've decided not to sell the script, because of good advice and will continue as planned. Hope you all have an awesome holiday!!

Last edited:
Commanders! I've started modeling one of the main characters (T'nia Rose), and due too a big update too blender I can render more realistic models in real-time, which speeds things up a lot. This means I will be changing the art style for a more realistic one.

T'nia Rose step 1.jpg

Please bear in mind, I'm nowhere near done. She will have a more realistic skin texture, along with eyebrows, eyelashes and several outfits; a full rig will be built so she'll look less of a Zombie.

I will upload images with every milestone, to keep you up to date.

Happy trails Commander! O7

Commander! O7

A user on this forum has given me an interesting idea, and I want to see if others would be up for it. I have 10 characters slots to be filled and I'm offering to ad your in-game commander as a character in an episode.

What I Need From You
  • If you use VR, a left side and right side view, along with a front view from 'Holo Me' would help with modeling. But in a pinch, a front view will work.
  • A backstory and personality outline would be a great help.
  • A name, It doesn't have to be your in-game one, if you want to remain anonymous.

If you would like, you can be the voice of your commander or I can find a voice actor.

If this interests you, please inbox me. It is first-come, first-serve.

Happy Trails Commanders! O7

Commander! O7

A user on this forum has given me an interesting idea, and I want to see if others would be up for it. I have 10 characters slots to be filled and I'm offering to ad your in-game commander as a character in an episode.

What I Need From You
  • If you use VR, a left side and right side view, along with a front view from 'Holo Me' would help with modeling. But in a pinch, a front view will work.
  • A backstory and personality outline would be a great help.
  • A name, It doesn't have to be your in-game one, if you want to remain anonymous.

If you would like, you can be the voice of your commander or I can find a voice actor.

If this interests you, please inbox me. It is first-come, first-serve.

I made some Improvements to T'nia's face and learning a blender plugin called 'Hair Tool', that should speed things up.

T'nia Rose Improved.png

I hope you like the improvements and I will be working on the mouth's interior and begin making a proper skin texture. After that, I will go for the Hair and first outfit.

Happy trails commander! O7

Gotta give those characters some space attributes .... thin and tall (not muscular - basically belters from expanse) and scruffy as hell ...since they dont shower or have much space to move around really for long periods of time. :)

maybe throw a little cyborg implants in there for a Utopian. Gotta have a Utopian in the show. Think techno-mages in B5 but without the magic and more like combat happy librarians with no sense of humor.

Utopia had a long time character who headed Antal's military arm. Enforcer Zaan.
some backstory : https://forums-new.frontier.co.uk/threads/tales-from-utopia-ascension.264160/

Enforcer Zaan has been in galnet posts (back when galnet was cool) and tons of fan fiction surrounding him has been posted over the years. For most, Enforcer Zaan is what all who oppose Utopia fear and concern themselves with.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteAntal/comments/6yogtj Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteAntal/comments/6yogtj/zaan_wednesday_evening_selfie/

Finding old pictures of Enforcer Zaan is getting harder. He heads Utopia's military arm and oversees the expansion and defense of Utopia under direct command of the Simguru.

Last edited:
Gotta give those characters some space attributes .... thin and tall (not muscular - basically belters from expanse) and scruffy as hell ...since they dont shower or have much space to move around really for long periods of time. :)

maybe throw a little cyborg implants in there for a Utopian. Gotta have a Utopian in the show. Think techno-mages in B5 but without the magic and more like combat happy librarians with no sense of humor.

Utopia had a long time character who headed Antal's military arm. Enforcer Zaan.
some backstory : https://forums-new.frontier.co.uk/threads/tales-from-utopia-ascension.264160/

Enforcer Zaan has been in galnet posts (back when galnet was cool) and tons of fan fiction surrounding him has been posted over the years. For most, Enforcer Zaan is what all who oppose Utopia fear and concern themselves with.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteAntal/comments/6yogtj Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteAntal/comments/6yogtj/zaan_wednesday_evening_selfie/

Finding old pictures of Enforcer Zaan is getting harder. He heads Utopia's military arm and oversees the expansion and defense of Utopia under direct command of the Simguru.

I'll do some research on Utopians and I'll write him in, thanks.

This will be the last update on T'nia until I Finish her because I want her new design to be a surprise.

T'nia Rose Improved 2.png

I'm modeling the flight-suit and she Will also wear an outfit over the flight-suit that I'll model next.

Aha, a Blender Meister! :D

I have to confess, Blender's legendary complexity scares the bejeezus out of me. I've heard they've revamped things in the latest release to make it more user-friendly, but I've got used to doing all my character animation (and any simple impromptu 3D prop modelling I might need) in iClone these days. One day I will take another look at Blender though... for something like hair probably. Matching hairstyles to Elite's HoloMe hairs is something of a pain in iClone, that's for sure!

For the Remlok suit in my videos I use a bought flightsuit asset that I've painstakingly rextextured using screenshots from Elite to achieve something largely Remlok-ish. The fact you're modelling one from scratch yourself in Blender earns you a medal in my eyes 🏆

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what magic you'll weave together with all this work - there aren't that many of us crazy enough to tell our stories in Elite with the help of CGI, so I've got your back in this adventure, fellow crazy person! :)(y)

Thank you for the encouragement and yes I am a bit crazy LOL.

I would always recommend blender 2.8 even if it's just to render, the Eevee render engine allows you to render in real time like a game engine as apposed to hours for a few frames; it does have a few bugs though

Aha, a Blender Meister! :D

I have to confess, Blender's legendary complexity scares the bejeezus out of me. I've heard they've revamped things in the latest release to make it more user-friendly, but I've got used to doing all my character animation (and any simple impromptu 3D prop modelling I might need) in iClone these days. One day I will take another look at Blender though... for something like hair probably. Matching hairstyles to Elite's HoloMe hairs is something of a pain in iClone, that's for sure!

For the Remlok suit in my videos I use a bought flightsuit asset that I've painstakingly rextextured using screenshots from Elite to achieve something largely Remlok-ish. The fact you're modelling one from scratch yourself in Blender earns you a medal in my eyes 🏆

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what magic you'll weave together with all this work - there aren't that many of us crazy enough to tell our stories in Elite with the help of CGI, so I've got your back in this adventure, fellow crazy person! :)(y)

Last edited:
Top Bottom