Elite ..Emotions

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I'm not criticizing Kolo, just generally speaking: A Youtuber with a face camera showing emotions about anything really isn't exactly news, is it?

SQUEEEEEEE! She's loving that, good on her. (y)

My own experience of popping into sol system was much more underwhelming. Landed on Mercury, shot a rock, scooped up some, er, mercury. And promptly left.

If only I could muster such enthusiasm. I'm slightly envious.

SOL system is the biggest place holder in the game. A lot of teasing places where you have no interaction at all.

The reason of my disappointment is that there's nothing special in terms of game and gameplay. You arrive in this capital system which is the core of the Federation but there's nothing really special. You can't even land on most of planets because of the lack of atmospheric planets gameplay.
I will probably change opinion when I will be able to:
  • see Saturn's ring through the clouds of one of its moon.
  • climb mt. Olympus with my SRV and look at the surface of a terraformed Mars.
  • look the Earth from the Moon surface.
  • see the sun through the thick fog of Venus.

Deleted member 38366

D
I take it there's still folks around who never used Google Earth? ;)

Well, she looks like a Streamer, so she needs to put up some show... Business as usual.

( btw. totally unrealistic, her Stream should have ended with her being interdicted and ganked lol )

Well, she looks like a Streamer, so she needs to put up some show... Business as usual.

( btw. totally unrealistic, her Stream should have ended with her being interdicted and ganked lol )
Unless she had the good sense to fly in a private group or Solo to avoid stream-snipers and their ilk. :)

will probably change opinion when I will be able to:
  • see Saturn's ring through the clouds of one of its moon.
  • climb mt. Olympus with my SRV and look at the surface of a terraformed Mars.
  • look the Earth from the Moon surface.
  • see the sun through the thick fog of Venus.
Well, to be fair, two of those things are impossible in real life; the other two probably wouldn't be as interesting as they sound on paper.

You often see artist's impressions of a ringed Saturn looming above an icy lake on the surface of Titan. Alas, Titan's atmosphere is rather smoggy, so you can't actually see Saturn from the surface. And even if you could, Titan orbits in the ring-plane, so all you'd see is Saturn itself, with the rings a barely-visible line around it. The shadows cast by the rings onto Saturn, on the other hand, would be clearly visible - something you can;t currently see in ED.

The problem with Mars' geology is that the features visible from space are just too darn big. Mount Olympus wouldn't feel like a mountain as you were climbing it; it would feel like perfectly normal flat ground, just tilted up at a slight angle from where flat ground normally would be. Mount Olympus pokes up into what could easily be regarded as "space"; the atmospheric pressure at the summit is just 72 pascals (0.0007 atmospheres, or 12% of the medium-level pressure), though of course it would be much higher on ED's Mars. The view from the top of the mountain wouldn't be all that different from the view from the exclusion zone which we can get now.

The view of the Earth from the moon is much the same as the view from Lunar orbit. And since the Earth just hangs in the same place in the sky without moving, you never get to see an "Earthrise" from the surface, unless you're driving around the edges of the Moon (from Earth's perspective).

Venus has the same problem as Titan: perpetual 100% cloud cover means you can never see the Sun. Not even a fuzzy blob where the Sun should be. It's a perpetual overcast day on Venus, except perhaps flickering slightly due to the constant atmospheric lightning.

I understand that you criticize the video of this Cmdt, why do you make money with videos on youtube? .... I will leave it that way, because English is not my language and think that I translate it badly into my language, your comment

Deleted member 38366

D
I understand that you criticize the video of this Cmdt, why do you make money with videos on youtube? .... I will leave it that way, because English is not my language and think that I translate it badly into my language, your comment

(?)
I do not make money with Videos on Youtube.
I believe you're correct, there might be a misunderstanding due to Translation.

I only stated (in other words) that I don't take Streamers/Youtubers too seriously, as typically their shows are just that - a show. Not always authentic. That's basically it.

Well, to be fair, two of those things are impossible in real life; the other two probably wouldn't be as interesting as they sound on paper.

You often see artist's impressions of a ringed Saturn looming above an icy lake on the surface of Titan. Alas, Titan's atmosphere is rather smoggy, so you can't actually see Saturn from the surface. And even if you could, Titan orbits in the ring-plane, so all you'd see is Saturn itself, with the rings a barely-visible line around it. The shadows cast by the rings onto Saturn, on the other hand, would be clearly visible - something you can;t currently see in ED.

The problem with Mars' geology is that the features visible from space are just too darn big. Mount Olympus wouldn't feel like a mountain as you were climbing it; it would feel like perfectly normal flat ground, just tilted up at a slight angle from where flat ground normally would be. Mount Olympus pokes up into what could easily be regarded as "space"; the atmospheric pressure at the summit is just 72 pascals (0.0007 atmospheres, or 12% of the medium-level pressure), though of course it would be much higher on ED's Mars. The view from the top of the mountain wouldn't be all that different from the view from the exclusion zone which we can get now.

The view of the Earth from the moon is much the same as the view from Lunar orbit. And since the Earth just hangs in the same place in the sky without moving, you never get to see an "Earthrise" from the surface, unless you're driving around the edges of the Moon (from Earth's perspective).

Venus has the same problem as Titan: perpetual 100% cloud cover means you can never see the Sun. Not even a fuzzy blob where the Sun should be. It's a perpetual overcast day on Venus, except perhaps flickering slightly due to the constant atmospheric lightning.

1. Good point, I will try it anyway from the upper layers of the atmosphere.
2. I still want to do that though.
3. I know, I still want to do that though.
4. Yes I know, I want to go there in VR and see how it feels to stay in such unfriendly, hot and toxic envorinment, as shown here:

Last edited:
Hi, I'm new but I'm not new.

I just logged in to report a whole bunch of comments in this thread that are somehow even worse than parts of the Youtube comment section. And I know it probably won't change anything, because it's not the fault of the cynical, bitter, ill bred, frustrated or simply trolling users to behave how they behave, when they are allowed and indirectly encouraged to continue just that. It's still a shame that I finally got a better understand of the reputation these forums have, how much it hurts the community and how unwelcoming it makes this place for content creators.

But while I'm already here I should use the time and thank everyone who took the video for what it is and enjoyed the experience of a stranger with the game they love! Even better if you got something out of it for yourself that you didn't feel when you visited Sol for the first time. It's great to see all the positive, encouraging and honest comments you post here and in other, more balanced places. Please don't get disheartened by the bad eggs, I know you will always be the majority. <3

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom