Elite ..Emotions

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm new but I'm not new.

I just logged in to report a whole bunch of comments in this thread that are somehow even worse than parts of the Youtube comment section. And I know it probably won't change anything, because it's not the fault of the cynical, bitter, ill bred, frustrated or simply trolling users to behave how they behave, when they are allowed and indirectly encouraged to continue just that. It's still a shame that I finally got a better understand of the reputation these forums have, how much it hurts the community and how unwelcoming it makes this place for content creators.

But while I'm already here I should use the time and thank everyone who took the video for what it is and enjoyed the experience of a stranger with the game they love! Even better if you got something out of it for yourself that you didn't feel when you visited Sol for the first time. It's great to see all the positive, encouraging and honest comments you post here and in other, more balanced places. Please don't get disheartened by the bad eggs, I know you will always be the majority. <3
I've removed some things and edited some things. Players need to be able to post here without other players immediately jumping in with 'omg girrrrl gamer!', whether it's meant in jest or not. We want the forums to be welcoming to everyone.
(If I've deleted or edited your post, it may be for other reasons.)
I've also tried to be fair and moderated as few posts as possible. I'd always prefer that we all moderate ourselves.

</mod hat off>

I love that video so much
RAJy17J.gif

Some lovely insults. You shouldn't oppose them by joining them.

Tell me, how would you describe some of the posts then - well those that are left after Mr Mod did what was needed. There were a couple that just about crossed the line from pathetic to downright creepy. It seems there is a cadre here to tend to resent anyone saying they enjoy the game, to them there has to be some angle, some hidden reason why a player still enjoys the game. From my reading, Commander Moozipan was justified in their description of some of the posters here and the Mod was extremely justified to take the action he took.

Tell me, how would you describe some of the posts then - well those that are left after Mr Mod did what was needed. There were a couple that just about crossed the line from pathetic to downright creepy. It seems there is a cadre here to tend to resent anyone saying they enjoy the game, to them there has to be some angle, some hidden reason why a player still enjoys the game. From my reading, Commander Moozipan was justified in their description of some of the posters here and the Mod was extremely justified to take the action he took.

I don't know that the deleted posts said, but I can imagine and obviously the mods were right to remove those. But adding some more insults to the thread usually doesn't improve things either. That's basically what I said. Don't let them drag you down to their level.

I don't know that the deleted posts said, but I can imagine and obviously the mods were right to remove those. But adding some more insults to the thread usually doesn't improve things either. That's basically what I said. Don't let them drag you down to their level.

99% of the time I would agree with you, but in this instance I think the retort was worthwhile. If it made just one of these low life bullies rock back in their chair in their parent's basement and think 'Hmm maybe I went too far this time' then it succeed. If it didn't well I can't help that, but I can always hope it did.

A disconnect from the adjeudication server around 9 minutes into the footage wouldn't have gone amiss... 🤪

"Slap back to reality, oh there goes gravity..."

Hi forums!

Ah, it makes me happy that people have enjoyed the video, and thank you to those who have reached out and said kind things about it. I loved visiting Earth, and Voyager was really cool too!

Also thanks to mods and CMDR Moozipan for helping clean up the place.

It's kinda deflating that I feel I need to say this, but it's important to say; I'm a real human being. Not a responseless bunch of pixels, not a piece of meat. Someone with a real life behind the screen... and I just ask that you always remember that the person behind the username is just that, a person. It's okay to not like what someone is doing or disagree with something, but you can do that abd still remain respectful, just as you can also like something while remaining respectful of personal boundaries too.

I just love this game, loved doing this, and wanted to share it. So thank you everyone for making the removed comments the minority and a special thanks to those who mentioned FAOFF cause I'm pretty proud of how much I've improved!!

Fly safe CMDRs
o7

Sol might not be the best system economical speaking but it sure feels nice to see earth or land on Charon.
The first time I went there the view was pretty with Pluto in the background, I must've taken a dozen screenshots.
As a matter of fact, I was more excited when I got my Sol permit then when I got access to ShinDez.

Sol might not be the best system economical speaking but it sure feels nice to see earth or land on Charon.
The first time I went there the view was pretty with Pluto in the background, I must've taken a dozen screenshots.
As a matter of fact, I was more excited when I got my Sol permit then when I got access to ShinDez.
Same!
I was super excited to get my first elite, but visiting Sol was way more of a moment than Jameson's for sure.

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Hi forums!

Ah, it makes me happy that people have enjoyed the video, and thank you to those who have reached out and said kind things about it. I loved visiting Earth, and Voyager was really cool too!

It's kinda deflating that I feel I need to say this, but it's important to say; I'm a real human being. Not a responseless bunch of pixels, not a piece of meat. Someone with a real life behind the screen... and I just ask that you always remember that the person behind the username is just that, a person. It's okay to not like what someone is doing or disagree with something, but you can do that abd still remain respectful, just as you can also like something while remaining respectful of personal boundaries too.

I just love this game, loved doing this, and wanted to share it. So thank you everyone for making the removed comments the minority and a special thanks to those who mentioned FAOFF cause I'm pretty proud of how much I've improved!!

Fly safe CMDRs
o7

Not my fault! (just sayin) :p

But yep, hit the report button and let us look into it for you or anyone of course.

We do try to keep this a friendly, welcoming place and on the whole it is.

Hi forums!

Fly safe CMDRs
o7

You've just gained another subscriber. This place has been doom and gloom for a while (with good reason I'd add), so to see someone enjoying the game so much is great and if anything pulls me back into the game.

Glad to see some positive vibes, the game world can be such a source of wonder - especially in VR! I haven't done much with FA-OFF myself except during combat flying.

The solar system (and perhaps TRAPPISTE?) is my favourite hang-out. I especially enjoy how Mars turned out, can spend ages just in low "orbit" looking at the flooded Valles Marineris.

:D S

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom