Elite ..Emotions

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
So you start off with a generalizing, undermining and simply insulting comment that adds nothing to the thread except uninformed ramblings about the state of Youtube and ranting about your own discontent with the game. And after several days of opposing comments you backpedal enough that you allow other people to enjoy the game in their own way. It may be hard to recognize your mistakes, but if you really really really can't do it, maybe it's best to just .. stop
Uhuh relax man. Ive insulted no one. Acting is a profession and YouTube streaming is a profession too so calm down a bit 😉
As usual I comment on the content not on the person. So my comment goes on the video not on the streamer that I don't personally know in her private life so why should I comment on that? 🤷‍♂️
Can you do the same and discuss on why someone don't believe that or you just want to attack whoever doesn't have your same opinion?

Last edited:
Uhuh relax man. Ive insulted no one. Acting is a profession and YouTube streaming is a profession too so calm down a bit 😉

It's all good. Those with reading comprehension didn't take anything as insulting there. You're not emotionally moved by the same things that move others - you recognize and admit to that. Not sure where acting and YouTubing even came into this, and it doesn't matter. There are plenty of professions out there that "outsides" don't think of the same way as those involved in them do. I'm a professional blasphemer and heretic - people simply do not understand how hard it is to blaspheme and commit heresy of professional quality.

so you're 'getting attacked for having fun'.

you guys stream, right? by doing that you're exposing yourselves to the audience, and the audience is just that varied. i'm sure you're not shy of receiving upvotes, mentions, shares, likes or even donations. might as well cope with some criticism (merited or not) that comes along. dunno, make up your mind?

you guys stream, right? by doing that you're exposing yourselves to the audience, and the audience is just that varied. i'm sure you're not shy of receiving upvotes, mentions, shares, likes or even donations. might as well cope with some criticism (merited or not) that comes along. dunno, make up your mind?

Paul Reubens exposed himself to the audience once too... it didn't go half as well for him.

Yup, OA is very professional from this point of view

Deleted member 182079

D
The way I understood some of the comments here was merely the doubt over whether those emotions on display were genuine or just put on a bit of a show for the clicks/likes/subscribes. Let's face it, since most of us don't know the individuals in person it's difficult to judge which one is it, and it's not too uncommon to see streamers play up a little bit to stand out from the crowd. Nothing wrong with that.

I mean, Kolo comes across as a very pleasant person but I did raise my eyebrow at the occasional moment where I personally found the emotions on display a little OTT. Just like watching Yamiks' clips makes me wonder if it gets tiring after a while to act the angry foulmouthed moaner all the time, or whether it comes naturally for him.

YMMV.

you guys stream, right?

You don't even have to stream. Just hanging out in someone else's stream is enough to feel the general hostility around Elite lately. This forum discussion is a 10/10 example. I know some of you live for it, but I'm just frustrated by it, let people enjoy things, sheesh. This community has never been particularly positive to begin with, but it's been exceptionally negative lately. I get it, there's things we're all disappointed by. But why do we need to take it out on each other and on content creators?

You don't even have to stream. Just hanging out in someone else's stream is enough to feel the general hostility around Elite lately. This forum discussion is a 10/10 example. I know some of you live for it, but I'm just frustrated by it, let people enjoy things, sheesh. This community has never been particularly positive to begin with, but it's been exceptionally negative lately. I get it, there's things we're all disappointed by. But why do we need to take it out on each other and on content creators?
Complaining about the game is one thing. Being a toxic with people is another thing and I don't see this here. Is having different opinions such a big problem?
Example: complaining FDEV lack of imagination is one thing. Saying that a specific person in fdev should be fired because he's incompetent is a toxic comment that I would never justify.

Last edited:
[...] Can you do the same and discuss on why someone don't believe that or you just want to attack whoever doesn't have your same opinion?
I'm not attacking you or your opinion, I'm attacking the way you voice it. You are the one coming into the thread to question genuine emotions. Assuming that, because you don't feel the same things when seeing Sol for the first time, these emotions must be fake. Assuming Youtube content in general must be fake. Assuming that's part of the business. Assuming Kolo is a Youtube streamer. You call someone a liar purely based on your opinion. And guess what, that's an insult. And that got nothing to do with bad English, that's just bad manners.

[...] Those with reading comprehension didn't take anything as insulting there. [...]

And that's an insult. Only without having the courage to address anyone personally. Maybe because they are still bitter that they earlier comment had to be edited, because they were asking for the streamer's phone number.

[...] Not sure where acting and YouTubing even came into this, and it doesn't matter. [...]

And that right there is a lack of reading comprehension.

You call someone a liar purely based on your opinion. And guess what, that's an insult.
Wrong again. I've never said she's a liar. I said imho those emotions are not genuine. It's a critic not an insult. Please learn the difference. And remember that we're talking about emotions felt playing a GAME don't forget the context! 🥳

You don't even have to stream. Just hanging out in someone else's stream is enough to feel the general hostility around Elite lately. This forum discussion is a 10/10 example.

you might be a bit oversensitive? i just went through 5 pages of this 10/10 example. sadly, a few comments have been 'moderated' out. as it stands, the only real negativity left is from ave candido (the op) and that's highly likely due to his trouble with english language, and ... from you two 'white knights' (i think the term is apt for a change in this situation), which seem to be unable to get over something that doesn't exist anymore, and seem to want to derail the thread to this drama.

talk about negativity with these examples, on one of the more mature and sensible game forums there are on the internet. cool story.

I know some of you live for it, but I'm just frustrated by it, let people enjoy things, sheesh.

you did not understand. if you 'enjoy your things' quietly in your home i'm 100% nobody will have anything to say. the moment you turn that into a show, you will get scrutiny and criticism. get over it, and again: instead of demeaning a whole forum community ... make up your own mind.

This community has never been particularly positive to begin with,

seems your impression differs a lot from mine and what i usually read from others. sad to hear that but dunno, if this forum offends you that much, you're not forced to read. maybe you should seek other communities that suit you more. i have to say i have little consideration for you stuffing things up.

but it's been exceptionally negative lately.

frontier has been doing exceptionally crappy stuff, lately.

I get it, there's things we're all disappointed by. But why do we need to take it out on each other and on content creators?

it's terrible. terrrrrrrible! have fun with your crusade. what about a stream of it?

Wrong again. I've never said she's a liar. I said imho those emotions are not genuine. It's a critic not an insult. Please learn the difference. And remember that we're talking about emotions felt playing a GAME don't forget the context! 🥳
Just that there is no difference. And in my honest opinion you are only pretending that you don't understand any of this, I'm convinced you are just too scared to accept your mistake and move on from this.

[forum troll being only here for the drama]
While it's downright adorable that you jump straight to name calling, it is apparent that you have no idea what the term 'white knight' means, so you should be very careful how to use it in this context. Apart from that, you obviously only came here to lash out in all directions because you felt threatened in your right to engage in harmful conversations for this community. Thanks a lot for serving as a great example. The description "mature and sensible" pairs well together with the rest of your post. lol

... but it's been exceptionally negative lately.
Not trying to funny here, but thats a pretty negative view by itself. To be honest, I'm hanging around way to long on this board, but haven't experienced a decline in spirit. That could also mean this place has been the pits from the start, but I would disagree on that as well.

you obviously only came here to lash out in all directions

you were worried about negativity. i pointed out the negativity in the thread. 3 cases. 3 directions. i'm aware you don't agree with the diagnostic. i wasn't gonna charge you anything anyway 😂

As someone who has watched Kolo's streams right from the beginning where she had never streamed before, and someone who has also met her in person at a Twitch meetup I can assure you that Kolo's emotions in that video are genuine and are not put on for show.

Kolo is very much a feeling person which is lovely and is one of the many reasons her followers including me love her streams.

Just that there is no difference. And in my honest opinion you are only pretending that you don't understand any of this, I'm convinced you are just too scared to accept your mistake and move on from this.

Why should I pretend? Do I have a good reputation to defend? 😂🤣
Everyone know here that I'm very critical toward FDEV (how they are managing the game contents) and the game (but not toward the people!)

I don't think I made any mistake and the situation for me is very simple so there's nothing to (mis)understand:
I don't believe her reactions and this is my opinion. I have reasons to believe so because I've simply noticed things that don't make sense to me.
As a consequence of the above I said she's a professional (for someone it could be a compliment), not a liar. A liar for me is someone who lies in the "real" life with "real" people.
I didn't insult anyone, in fact none of my messages were moderated. Some people replied to me saying they instead believe her and I'm fine with them (that's where you jumped in).
I've been accused to see only 💩 and I did not take it as a personal offence. Instead I replied politely to everyone, to you too.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight - nobody is allowed to point out negativity, because pointing it out is negative in itself and because the criticised negativity doesn't exist in the first place. That's the most backwards thing I have ever heard but it's a perfect way to ignore all errors within yourself and your own part of the community that you apparently have to defend with all means. Like a child stomping their feet on the ground shouting "no you". Because that's what it all comes down to.

There will always be action and reaction. Somebody made a thread linking to Kolo's video. Some people behaved like idiots. I complainted about this behaviour, because it serves as a great example why the forum has such a bad reputation and to make a point about just that. To raise awareness of an issue and to get the comments removed from the thread. It could have all stopped there. But the obvious response from the people feeling attacked is to continue with the same behaviour and to escalate it even more. All you are doing is exposing yourself, making my point even more valid. It's quite perfect, really.

A liar for me is someone who lies in the "real" life with "real" people.
Just that Kolo exists in the "real" life, the person you see on screen is, in fact, real. A game you can criticice without hurting anyone's feelings. If you tell somebody that their display of emotions is fake, that's an insult. And there's a difference you have to learn.

People usually respond to insults quite negatively, even if they are not attacked themselves. Because people stand up for each other. <3

Just that Kolo exists in the "real" life, the person you see on screen is, in fact, real. A game you can criticice without hurting anyone's feelings. If you tell somebody that their display of emotions is fake, that's an insult. And there's a difference you have to learn.
It's up to you whether to believe in everything you see or not.
For me this is a big mistake but I won't tell you how to live your life.

People usually respond to insults quite negatively, even if they are not attacked themselves. Because people stand up for each other. <3
It's a lovely idea but where were you when people were insulting Yamiks? This happens on a weekly basis 🤣

It's up to you whether to believe in everything you see or not.
For me this is a big mistake but I won't tell you how to live your life.
I don't believe everything I see. I have my opinions on certain things. I just know that stating my opinion can have an effect on other people, especially when this opinion is based on absolutely nothing and if I make a generalizing comment about things I know nothing about. "It's just my opinion" is an invalid argument and always was. Nobody is stopping you from having an opinion, just think about if and how you want to share it with the world because things don't happen in a vacuum.

It's a lovely idea but where were you when people were insulting Yamiks?
We are not talking about Yamiks.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom