Elite ..Emotions

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
And that's an insult. Only without having the courage to address anyone personally. Maybe because they are still bitter that they earlier comment had to be edited, because they were asking for the streamer's phone number.

That is humor - a good-natured jest. I don't actually want anyone's phone number or insurance information, just an "in game perspective" from the pilot of the Beluga the streamer rammed trying to leave the station. It's funny, because if you know anything about me, I spend most of my time flying a Beluga. Einstein said: "There are two things that are infinite - the Universe and Human Stupidity, and I'm not sure about the Universe." Would you call Einstein a coward too? Now who's slinging insults? But that's OK, my skin is thicker than onion paper. Do your worst, I've been insulted by far better.

And that right there is a lack of reading comprehension.

Can't comprehend what I didn't read, now can I? I don't hinge on every word of every post - only those that don't lose my interest by the 3rd word. As far as I know we weren't really talking about Actors or YouTube as professions anywhere else, and a streamer is not an actor. Some do act a part in their streams, most are just somebody in front of web cam. I actually have 10 years of acting experience, plus 2 years production and directing, so I know a thing or two about it. Nowhere in this thread was this ever really a topic for discussion though.

.. snip ..
Can't comprehend what I didn't read, now can I? I don't hinge on every word of every post - only those that don't lose my interest by the 3rd word. As far as I know we weren't really talking about Actors or YouTube as professions anywhere else, and a streamer is not an actor. Some do act a part in their streams, most are just somebody in front of web cam. I actually have 10 years of acting experience, plus 2 years production and directing, so I know a thing or two about it. Nowhere in this thread was this ever really a topic for discussion though.
Umm you might want to have a wee discussion with Matty regarding the bit about actors, he seems rather fixated on it here:
You need to be 10% gamer and 90% actor. At the moment you're 100% gamer so you're not ready for that...
Nahhh you just need some acting school :D
Believing or not in something is different from saying everything is :poop:. That's where you went extreme ;)
I've never said she's a bad person... when I watch Youtube streamers I expect some acting to make the shows more interesting and this is what I see here 🤷‍♂️
I would not call regular business --> :poop:
Uhuh relax man. Ive insulted no one. Acting is a profession and YouTube streaming is a profession too so calm down a bit 😉
As usual I comment on the content not on the person. So my comment goes on the video not on the streamer that I don't personally know in her private life so why should I comment on that? 🤷‍♂️
Can you do the same and discuss on why someone don't believe that or you just want to attack whoever doesn't have your same opinion?

Umm you might want to have a wee discussion with Matty regarding the bit about actors, he seems rather fixated on it here:

I'd rather not... MooCow will just trample all over it anyways. And that was the chunk I already said I didn't bother reading. I did do a quick speed-read backwards, which I rather dislike doing in threads like this, where my only contribution was being happy for someone else being happy - and making a clever little joke that was twisted so far out of context even a diagram wouldn't help.

I don't believe everything I see. I have my opinions on certain things. I just know that stating my opinion can have an effect on other people, especially when this opinion is based on absolutely nothing and if I make a generalizing comment about things I know nothing about. "It's just my opinion" is an invalid argument and always was. Nobody is stopping you from having an opinion, just think about if and how you want to share it with the world because things don't happen in a vacuum.

We are not talking about Yamiks.
Oh well, I actually said that my opinions have reasons:
I have reasons to believe so because I've simply noticed things that don't make sense to me.
and I already talked about them at the beginning of the thread.

That is humor - a good-natured jest. I don't actually want anyone's phone number or insurance information, just an "in game perspective" from the pilot of the Beluga the streamer rammed trying to leave the station.

It's funny, because if you know anything about me, I spend most of my time flying a Beluga. Einstein said: "There are two things that are infinite - the Universe and Human Stupidity, and I'm not sure about the Universe." Would you call Einstein a coward too? Now who's slinging insults? But that's OK, my skin is thicker than onion paper. Do your worst, I've been insulted by far better.

Your comment about 'reading comprehension' was an insult, hence I pointed it right back at you. Your creepy comment was creepy, it might have been meant as a joke, but this doesn't matter when it's not perceived as such. To suggest that people need to know you to understand how it's meant is pretty hilarious when interacting with people on a public internet forum. It was removed and for good reason. Just get over it.

Can't comprehend what I didn't read, now can I? I don't hinge on every word of every post - only those that don't lose my interest by the 3rd word. [...]
You chose to defend someone in a discussion you have not been a part of, without even reading their comments. Explaining that you don't care anyways. Tells a lot about your intention doesn't it.

[...] and making a clever little joke that was twisted so far out of context even a diagram wouldn't help.
I will just continue cutting oninons while you cry about being misunderstood.

Last edited:
Oh well, I actually said that my opinions have reasons:
and I already talked about them at the beginning of the thread.
My point stays...
Your point stays... invalid. Your reasons have been entirely subjective:
"You need to be 10% gamer and 90% actor."
"Nahhh you just need some acting school"
"when I watch Youtube streamers I expect some acting to make the shows more interesting and this is what I see here"
You are basing this on nothing, except what you think and see. You think she is pretending, but you have no evidence for that at all. Yet you still blurt it into the world, disregard of any feelings. Because you have reasons to do so. lol

What seems to be the problem here...officer?

@Vandaahl, could you change your Avatar? I keep thinking there's a bug on my monitor.

Joke of the day: What did one blonde say to the other when they walked into the building?
Why didn't we use the door?

Last edited:
So let me get this straight - nobody is allowed to point out negativity, because pointing it out is negative in itself and because the criticised negativity doesn't exist in the first place. That's the most backwards thing I have ever heard but it's a perfect way to ignore all errors within yourself and your own part of the community that you apparently have to defend with all means. Like a child stomping their feet on the ground shouting "no you". Because that's what it all comes down to.
Thats👆 quite a strawman, and to be honest it steers away from any modesty you try to impose.

And yet you still won't admit you are accusing the Commander of acting - kinda sad actually
Accusing? Really?

Text is sometimes to simple to discuss stuff in. Yes and No answers are great to get across. Anything more complex, and things start to go downhill fast. Where I read someone stating an opinion, someone else reads it as a firm stand and an accusation.

See what I mean? Where I see an elephant, someone else sees a bug;
@Vandaahl, could you change your Avatar? I keep thinking there's a bug on my monitor.
😄;)

By the way, a good story doesn't need to be true, and all that...

Last edited:
Your point stays... invalid. Your reasons have been entirely subjective:
"You need to be 10% gamer and 90% actor."
"Nahhh you just need some acting school"
"when I watch Youtube streamers I expect some acting to make the shows more interesting and this is what I see here"
You are basing this on nothing, except what you think and see. You think she is pretending, but you have no evidence for that at all. Yet you still blurt it into the world, disregard of any feelings. Because you have reasons to do so. lol
Ok so since you asked so hard here is my review (to be considered as a personal opinion based on my life experience):

1) MOST IMPORTANT: She puts her hands on the face. Psychologically this is a VERY STRONG reaction for all humans (body language). This is something that people may experience very rarely in a lifetime. I don't believe people (anyone) could feel such emotion for a moderate video game content. Real life is much more fascinating in this respect. I could believe in the person if I knew her personally, otherwise I always doubt.
2) Sol is imho a place holder so no big emotions visiting such place in the game. I believe one could enjoy the game in visiting such places... but tears are too much...
3) It's easy to get the Sol Permit. So I don't feel the emotion of such a big achievement like for example reaching Beagle Point.
4) She's been playing the game since more than a year. If she was so emotional involved with the Sol system why did she wait so much and did a lot of other things before instead? (this doesn't make sense to me)
5) To make a nice show on youtube you need to add something special. A personal touch. Everyone (almost?) does it. Regular business. This is where I talk about acting.

Last edited:
Thats👆 quite a strawman, and to be honest it steers away from any modesty you try to impose.
That's not a strawman, that's just genuine confusion over what kind of point you and znort are trying to make when saying this:
"Not trying to funny here, but thats a pretty negative view by itself."
"you were worried about negativity. i pointed out the negativity in the thread."
I would love if you were trying to explain what's wrong with our 'negativity' in response to already existing negativity. Do you expect us to criticise in purely positive ways? Do you want me to say "Congratulations for behaving in the most messed up way possible and giving the community a bad look!". I'm curious, really.

[goes full armchair psychologist]
lol rly?
You have no idea what you are talking about, you 'think', you 'don't believe', you 'don't feel', it 'doesn't make sense' to you. This is absolutely nothing, just your opinion. You are basing your opinion on your opinion. Good job, I'm proud of you!

i think she's quite cute. i had a soft moment myself when i visited sol for the first time, that permit was one of my first objectives in the game.

also i don't think she is faking it (if this were at all relevant, i don't think it is) but it does seem amplified, maybe mixed with other emotions going on we don't know of. which is ... totally fine!

i do cringe a bit, though, when people wanting to be in the spotlight complain about ... well, being in the spotlight!

[...] i do cringe a bit, though, when people wanting to be in the spotlight complain about ... well, being in the spotlight!
Don't dehumanise people for being famous in one way or the other. Nobody should have to endure cynical insults or intrusive and sexist comments (like the ones removed), no matter how visible they are to the world. I'm not talking for Kolo here, but it bothers me that people have to behave like this and forget there's a real person on the other end. If you still want to blame me for speaking up against that, go ahead. If you want to continue being a part of the problem by defending those who ed up and are incapable to show the tiniest bit of insight, then I can't help but pity you.

I have a hard time understanding why people watch streams of other people playing games.
But I guess that's better than watching people eat online, talk pseudo-scientific nonsense or pick their nose.
New kind of TV I guess.

What i find interesting is that apparently people enjoy watching a girl getting emotional for minutes over 3d model of Earth in a video game.
Whether it was sincere or not... you must be really bored.

Don't dehumanise people for being famous in one way or the other. Nobody should have to endure cynical insults or intrusive and sexist comments (like the ones removed), no matter how visible they are to the world. I'm not talking for Kolo here, but it bothers me that people have to behave like this and forget there's a real person on the other end. If you still want to blame me for speaking up against that, go ahead. If you want to continue being a part of the problem by defending those who gently caressed up and are incapable to show the tiniest bit of insight, then I can't help but pity you.

wow, that's positive, yep! sorry, i don't buy your binary crap from your moral highgrzzzzzz ...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom