Release Elite G19s Companion app (with simulated space traffic control)

Hmmmm--- I suppose I might be able to copy any new files in the log folder to the laptop every time VA activates a new system... Messy coding.... But would be a temp fix....

EDIT: This is just me thinking aloud but if this allowed used to link to a id feed with the Pilots name and a "ship name" (as set my your app) that if 2 pilots are in the same system the app could use the name of pilots and ship to ack they are in range... maybe something like...
"Commander {name} had been recorded in the system"
"Ship {ShipName}, system traffic has you in system {system}"

Or related... makes a more interactive chat. That would mean that a list of what system each person is in on a database online to match. But would only need the small amount to get and wouldn't matter if it was a quick pass thru.

Last edited:
"\\FOX-PC\\EdDLaunch\\Products\\elite-dangerous-64\\Logs"

Try it with four slashes at the beginning, like so: \\\\FOX-PC\\EdDLaunch\\Products\\elite-dangerous-64\\Logs.

By the way, good suggestion for EDMC, I'll look into that. Also, there might already be some chatter in unexplored space, who knows? I find salvageable wreckage far outside the bubble, there may be pilots in need everywhere ;-)

Last edited:
Try it with four slashes at the beginning, like so: \\\\FOX-PC\\EdDLaunch\\Products\\elite-dangerous-64\\Logs.

By the way, good suggestion for EDMC, I'll look into that. Also, there might already be some chatter in unexplored space, who knows? I find salvageable wreckage far outside the bubble, there may be pilots in need everywhere ;-)

Ah hah!!!! We have action... a bit different than yours... and MAYBE mine too... but what worked was...
"\\\\FOX-PC\\EdDLaunch\\Products\\elite-dangerous-64"

Suggestion: Add in scrambled comms... common in real ATC... require telling 1 to stop and ID another to go... Could then ok the 1 that was told to wait... or if can't do after id the first reply they are good as say whoever was missed, repeat.

(Saving for a G19s by the way... be a few months on my disability)

EDIT: Wish this was a overlay options with adjustable transparency...

Last edited:
Good to hear you got it working. Regarding the overlay, check out the awesome "OnTopReplica", that should allow you to overlay the app on top of Elite.

Last edited:
Good to hear you got it working. Regarding the overlay, check out the awesome "OnTopReplica", that should allow you to overlay the app on top of Elite.

Will do, it's that white top bar I don't like (no offense) :)

EDIT: Oooooh!!! I get it!!!! Cool!!!

EDIT2: Umm... the applet freezes the graphics when minimized. I noted this when OnTopReplica froze... very pointless but worth noting

Last edited:
Suggestion: Color change option. The default orange doesn't match my pale blue :) There is a kinda of 'general selection' range you could offer.

Thanks man!

Today I added Logitech Arx support to the app, so that you can use your mobile or tablet as a second screen to display the companion app. Just download the latest version of the Logitech Gaming Software (8.81), update the app (which it will do automatically next time you run it) and it will connect to the Arx app. As always, if you run into any trouble, let me know.

where ? tried the options inside of the app , but cant find where to edit

Sure...

go to "Options" scroll to page 2 and select "Open Options File" and a text file will open to edit
In the space under

"RadioStations": [
{
"Name": "Radio Sidewinder",
"Url": "http://streaming.radio.co/se23f7435a/listen"

Make sure the "Url": looks like this one, here, not the one that was here before.

Then save/close file and reset the app in standalone (I don't know if you have the reset the app if using the G19s however)

Sure...

go to "Options" scroll to page 2 and select "Open Options File" and a text file will open to edit
In the space under

"RadioStations": [
{
"Name": "Radio Sidewinder",
"Url": "http://streaming.radio.co/se23f7435a/listen"

Make sure the "Url": looks like this one, here, not the one that was here before.

Then save/close file and reset the app in standalone (I don't know if you have the reset the app if using the G19s however)

twitchy keys ah keep scrolling , once your in options, found it cheers

twitchy keys ah keep scrolling , once your in options, found it cheers

My 4 and 1 keys are sticking on my numberpad, which I just need to clean, but keep forgetting till I hit the 4 or 1 (I don't use them that often)

Just re-install the app , was working last night now no.

5/03/2016 12:08:20 PM: Windows version: Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.10240.0
5/03/2016 12:08:20 PM: Exception occurred: The '=' character, hexadecimal value 0x3D, cannot be included in a name. Line 19, position 30.
5/03/2016 12:08:20 PM: at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Int32 pos, String res, String[] args)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElement()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.Linq.XContainer.ReadContentFrom(XmlReader r)
at System.Xml.Linq.XContainer.ReadContentFrom(XmlReader r, LoadOptions o)
at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(XmlReader reader, LoadOptions options)
at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(String uri, LoadOptions options)
at EliteFinder.Finder.IsVerboseLoggingEnabled(String installPath, String filename)
at EliteFinder.Finder.IsVerboseLoggingEnabled(String installPath)
at EliteG19s.LogWatcherManager.CheckVerboseLogging(String path)
at EliteG19s.LogWatcherManager.StartWatching(String path)
at EliteG19s.LogWatcherManager.StartDefault()
at EliteG19s.LogWatcherManager..ctor(ScreenManager screenManager)
at EliteG19s.ScreenManager..ctor()
at EliteG19s.Windows.EliteG19sApplicationContext..ctor()
at EliteG19s.Windows.Program.Main()

Sutex, it seems to fail on reading your AppConfig.xml file. Did you happen to change one of the entries there manually? Otherwise, feel free to send it to me at magicmau@gmail.com, and I can find out if there is a bug to fix :)

nah, I wouldn't delete it. From just reading the error message I think it can be solved quite easily. I think you have a double quote and an equals sign mixed up somewhere in the file (on line 19, character 30).

Top Bottom