Release Elite G19s Companion app (with simulated space traffic control)

MagicMau, request,

Could you have the app announce the system you are arriving in with a base "(callsign), This is (SystemName) system control. We have you incoming from (LastSystem). You frequency has been set, welcome Commander"
If no base, or no base found, a digital announce "Unable to locate local system controller while entering (SystemName). No frequency found. Request added in next system."

If feeling very immersive, when you jump out of a system with a base "Next system frequency requested on arrival. Come back again commander."

Having problems sadly, it appears the app doesn't have permission to write to Roaming/ and I can't seem to find a way to force it. It also does't seem to run immediately after download. I get a 'Cannot start' error, with an 'Access Denied' message in the log.

Win 10 64bit 16Gb RAM.

So it seems BitDefender REALLY doesn't like this app. I've tried excluding the exe, folder, parent folder...it even crashed it, which I've never managed to do before.

Not really sure what else to do other than remove BitDefender, which I don't really want to...

So it seems BitDefender REALLY doesn't like this app. I've tried excluding the exe, folder, parent folder...it even crashed it, which I've never managed to do before.

Not really sure what else to do other than remove BitDefender, which I don't really want to...

I removed BitDefender because it was so bad at letting authorized files thru.... but never tried it on Win10. The only trouble I had installing was on install MY virus scanner on the firewall of the router was arguing with me.

Having problems sadly, it appears the app doesn't have permission to write to Roaming/ and I can't seem to find a way to force it. It also does't seem to run immediately after download. I get a 'Cannot start' error, with an 'Access Denied' message in the log.

Win 10 64bit 16Gb RAM.

Hi there Kaltern! This is a first, I haven't heard this particular issue before. I am distributing the app as a "ClickOnce" application, perhaps BitDefender doesn't like those?

Once upon a time, I made a portable version that you can download using this link, can you see if that works? It is an older version of the app though. When I release the next version (with API, EDDN and EDSM integration, yay!) I can update the portable version as well.

MagicMau, request,

Could you have the app announce the system you are arriving in with a base "(callsign), This is (SystemName) system control. We have you incoming from (LastSystem). You frequency has been set, welcome Commander"
If no base, or no base found, a digital announce "Unable to locate local system controller while entering (SystemName). No frequency found. Request added in next system."

If feeling very immersive, when you jump out of a system with a base "Next system frequency requested on arrival. Come back again commander."

Hi Foxpur, the next version of Elite (2.2) will likely come with a new journal for tools such as this one. It should provide me with much more information. I am already starting work on a tour guide ;-) Your request is doable with this new journal. Right now, I only get the signal in the middle of witch space, so that doesn't really work. Thanks for the suggestion though, it's added to the list!

Last edited:
Hi there Kaltern! This is a first, I haven't heard this particular issue before. I am distributing the app as a "ClickOnce" application, perhaps BitDefender doesn't like those?

Once upon a time, I made a portable version that you can download using this link, can you see if that works? It is an older version of the app though. When I release the next version (with API, EDDN and EDSM integration, yay!) I can update the portable version as well.

Hi Foxpur, the next version of Elite (2.2) will likely come with a new journal for tools such as this one. It should provide me with much more information. I am already starting work on a tour guide ;-) Your request is doable with this new journal. Right now, I only get the signal in the middle of witch space, so that doesn't really work. Thanks for the suggestion though, it's added to the list!

Just call me Fox, it IS my real first name, Fox Purtill (have fun in Google with that)

The witchspace toggle could handle the new arrival part ;)

Question....idea:
These 2 events...
1) "Is anyone out there"
2) "Out of fuel"

Could you assign a button on the app (and allow a keyboard hotkey, will llow keyboard or VA to use as stand alone) that will cause a 'reply' - maybe a
1) "You are not alone, commander" from a automated ship response and have they other pilot be thrilled there is another voice
2) "We hear you. Fuel Rats have been called. Drop a notification buoy and shut down all system but life support." And they will be thrilled... may even hear a distant acknowledgement to them to from the Fuel Rats 'Hold on pilot! This is the Fuel Rats, we are on the way.'

That will add a massive interaction and add to the immersion by quite a distance.
If the button is NOT pressed they will continue to call for help.

EDDI does the system calling out using Voice Attack if doubling up happens , we need the ability to turn it off

Really like the news been readout , but seldom use it, as VA for calling , the function, just kinda of works sometimes

I removed BitDefender because it was so bad at letting authorized files thru.... but never tried it on Win10. The only trouble I had installing was on install MY virus scanner on the firewall of the router was arguing with me.

Same removed it ages ago.

Hi everybody,

Yesterday I released an update to the app. The biggest change is that it now includes support for the various APIs out there.

This means that you can link it to your Frontier, EDSM and EDDB account. This allows you to download station data (when docked), upload a flight log to EDSM and upload trade data to EDDB. It's all optional of course. If you opt to use it, be aware that your Frontier password will be heavily encrypted and saved in the options file (using DPAPI if anyone's interested).

A music player has been added to play music from a folder on disk.

Separate windows are now possible. So if you want to display one or more windows on screen showing the app's info, you can now. This is handy when using OnTopReplica or OpenVRDesktopDisplayPortal. You can now even control these windows with the mouse.

Not sure if I mentioned this before, but global hotkey support is in now too. This means you can assign key combinations to functions in the app. I use this for instance to have one of the rotary dials on my HOTAS to control the volume of the app.

You can change all these options in the options file, which is typically found at C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\EliteG19s\options.json. They are also described in the little manual I wrote, which you can find here.

As always, grab the update here or wait for it to update automatically.

What fun.. been stuffing around in JSON files for hours , learning to control my G19 lcd with voice VA:)
[h=1][/h]

Excellent update, Thank You!
I have it controlled through the voice attack plugin rather than the hotkeys and the "up","down" and "ok" commands no longer work in voice attack. All of the other plugin commands I tried still seem to be fine but I can no longer navigate the menu. The global hotkeys are an option, but I'd prefer to continue to control it entirely through voice attack if possible.

Request: For those of us on Deep Space could you set a "Home System" channel that feeds from just your 'Home' base (set in options what system that is) so you can listen to "Home" while away (would add more is there was random distortion and crackle from distance), maybe even the rare random 'loss of signal' that won't get corrected till you change system again?

How do you increase the time duration for the button presses , prior to the 'FIX' thought that the 'button' duration time was just too short on some of the VA commands ,BUT with the 'FIX' it's still the same issue , Saying Elite button OK , and it wont press, up down cancel are fine.

Last edited:
How do you increase the time duration for the button presses , prior to the 'FIX' thought that the 'button' duration time was just too short on some of the VA commands ,BUT with the 'FIX' it's still the same issue , Saying Elite button OK , and it wont press, up down cancel are fine.

In VoiceAttack you mean? When you edit the command, you can set the time to hold down the keys. I think setting it to 0.1 seconds should be adequate. Are you using the VoiceAttack plugin I wrote, or using the hotkey functionality? For VoiceAttack I would recommend using the plugin.

If you are using hotkeys to control the app, please double check the json file for any typos and make sure that you have enabled that particular hotkey (IsEnabled: true). Also feel free to send me your options.json file!

Request: For those of us on Deep Space could you set a "Home System" channel that feeds from just your 'Home' base (set in options what system that is) so you can listen to "Home" while away (would add more is there was random distortion and crackle from distance), maybe even the rare random 'loss of signal' that won't get corrected till you change system again?

Interesting idea, Fox. Let me think on how that could work in the app. Note though, that there already is *something* in there for you deep space explorers ;-) If you fly long enough you might find out!

In VoiceAttack you mean? When you edit the command, you can set the time to hold down the keys. I think setting it to 0.1 seconds should be adequate. Are you using the VoiceAttack plugin I wrote, or using the hotkey functionality? For VoiceAttack I would recommend using the plugin.

If you are using hotkeys to control the app, please double check the json file for any typos and make sure that you have enabled that particular hotkey (IsEnabled: true). Also feel free to send me your options.json file!

Was doing ( trying )the hotkeys (all reset now back to default ) as the VA vap profile was not working well, prior to the FIX

But with the FIX your VA vap profile is allowing the Up Down, News etc. But when NEWS is highlighted , the Elite button OK , wont depress it , the G19 keyboard OK does work , if I use it manually

Last edited:
Top Bottom