Release Elite G19s Companion app (with simulated space traffic control)

Hi
Just found this app and running it on a G13, but i have to install it after every windows shut down.
Is there a way to get it to stay loaded?

Good evening! I want to get back playing elite after a long break and this app G19 make the game 10000x more immersive! Okay so after opening my g19 it prompted me for an update! Sadly it just crashes while the progress bar is filling saying cannot remove the old installation! I've tried uninstalling it via windows abut same! It states theres a .msi missing from the temp folder (very weird) tried ccleaner same thing. So ya ima stuck cant install a new version cant remove the one i got and it just don't work! Any ideas? Big thanks and hope for some help cause elite ain't the same without this great app!
I have this exact same problem cannot update and cannot delete old version, please can someone tell me the solution. Thanks
For anyone else running into this: tulextreme private messaged me that their solution was provided by a Microsoft article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...hat-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed. Hopefully this may help someone else as well!

Hi
Just found this app and running it on a G13, but i have to install it after every windows shut down.
Is there a way to get it to stay loaded?

Hi, that's quite interesting. The installation program should just put this in your local appdata folder. The default installation path is usually something like C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Programs\EliteG19s.
However, it may be that this gets automatically cleaned by a corporate policy or something? You may try installing it in a different location when running the installer. That should hopefully resolve the issue? There is no code in the app to remove itself, so that can't be it...

I've just discovered the new orrery zoom modes 'optimal' and 'fit'!

Awesome! Yes, these options are a bit hidden I'm afraid. It just shows there are improvements to be made in the UI section :) Or I can just start calling them easter eggs I suppose...

Is there an editable script for the radio chatter so we can add our own lines or is this something that might be easily added in a future version?

Not really editable at the moment. However, I can share the script with you if you have some good ideas on improving it and we can have everybody benefit of it?

As you may have noticed, last night version 3.3.5 of the EliteG!9s app was released!

It's got some new features, but mostly bug fixes and small improvements to make sure it's compatible with the lastest game release. New features are:
  • Radio streams in Ogg format can now be played (Distant World Radio should work again)
  • Philips Hue code has been rewritten and should now be more compatible with various setups.
  • Added option to show key bindings on Logitech keyboards that allow lighting per key (enable it in Options > Logitech LED)
Let me know if something doesn't work as you think it should, or if you have ideas on how to further improve this app!

Wow! +1 rep. I've been using an app I made in AIDA64 for my G19 years ago with custom Elite Dangerous screenshots of all my system info, but never knew this existed! I'll be checking this out for sure when I get home! Thanks a lot

Sorry to double post but I have to say, this is totally not what I was expecting! Your work is amazing! I want to swear, it's that good (but don't want a forum warning hahaha). I feel it's such a shame I've been missing out for so long but I'm chuffed I found your masterpiece eventually! The sat nav made me laugh, it was that good! Your work deserves some serious publicity! Thanks for making my G19 feel new again :D

Thanks for making my G19 feel new again :D

Happy that you're happy with it! I love my G19, especially with the LCD, wish more keyboards offered something like this.

Although I must admit, I also often have a second window open on my second monitor, so I can display the orrery view on a bit larger screen.

Let me know if you find something not working properly, or if you have ideas for new features! Currently I am slowly working on two larger items: redesigning the Arx interface (to use a tablet as a second screen) and creating a VR compatible version to display in your cockpit if you're in VR. But often I get sidetracked by requests for new features :)

At the cost of spamming this thread I have to reinstate that it's truly a great piece of software. It adds without being intrusive, as much as you want it to add. It gives a certain "feel" to traveling and being alone in your spaceship, which ED already does marvellously. Please read the last word with a brit accent.

Hi, i came across this app a few weeks ago and think its great. So i already had my sights set on the Thrustmaster's MFD and thought wouldn't be great to put the MFD with a little lcd monitor. I have seen a few video's and it can be done, Then use 1 of the MFD's for the G19 app. But i cant figure out how to keybind the MFD's keypress into the hotkey settings of the G19 app.
I have edited the json key part, but it seem as if im putting in the wrong code, would appreciate if someone could give me a little help as im pants at code, here is what i put..
{
"Function": "Up",
"UseAlt": false,
"UseCtrl": false,
"UseShift": false,
"UseWin": false,
"Key": "Button 27",
"IsEnabled": true
}
All i wanted to do was to move UP in the menu, once i get the basic part i should beable to apply more keys, ie up,down,left, right, entre ect ect.

Thanks hope someone can help me out, o7 Cmdr's see you in the void.

Hi, i came across this app a few weeks ago and think its great. So i already had my sights set on the Thrustmaster's MFD and thought wouldn't be great to put the MFD with a little lcd monitor.

First of all, I have to page cmdr Brigetiol1, who also has done awesome things with MFDs and the G19s app. So he might have even better ideas than I have!

But for what you are trying to achieve - the app only allows keybinds for keys, not joystick buttons unfortunately. What I do for my HOTAS is to first map a button of the joystick to a keypress and then map a hotkey for that key, which works pretty good, even for the rotary knobs. Can you program the MFDs to simulate keypresses?

First of all, I have to page cmdr Brigetiol1, who also has done awesome things with MFDs and the G19s app. So he might have even better ideas than I have!

But for what you are trying to achieve - the app only allows keybinds for keys, not joystick buttons unfortunately. What I do for my HOTAS is to first map a button of the joystick to a keypress and then map a hotkey for that key, which works pretty good, even for the rotary knobs. Can you program the MFDs to simulate keypresses?
Hi,

I've found two ways to do this.

One is with VoiceAttack:
You can attach two joysticks to VA for triggering VA commands, I have the two Cougars connected, this way I can bind any of the MFD's buttons for example to the default G19s VA profile's commands. As far as I know, there is a trial version of VA, limited to 10 or 20 commands, but that should be enough for the basic controls of the G19s app.
This method is based on the VA plugin and its commands, and not using the global hotkeys.

Second is with Autohotkey:
AHK is for free. You can simply map keypress to the joystick buttons.
First of all, you will have to run this script to determine the joystick and button numbers: https://autohotkey.com/docs/scripts/JoystickTest.htm .

My remapping AHK script looks like this (joy.ahk):

SetTitleMatchMode, 2

3Joy2::Send y
7joy11::Send {NumpadMult}
7joy12::Send {NumpadAdd}
7joy13::Send {NumpadDiv}
7joy14::Send {NumpadSub}

Here is a more detailed description : https://autohotkey.com/docs/misc/RemapJoystick.htm
This method is for using the global hotkeys, and no VA is required.

I prefer to use the first method with VA, I'm not that good at scripting :)

My setup looks like this at the moment, using the G19s App and Cougar MFDs (and some others too :) ) https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...ricks-and-unicorns.336392/page-8#post-7087060

If you have more questions, I'd be happy to answer!

Thanks too both MagicMau and Brigetiol1, i will try over the next couple of day's or so and see what happens. Im not good at scripting but im sure i could work something out. I also have VoiceAttack to so could try that way as well.
I will keep you posted on how it goes and also may have a question or 2..

Also Brigetiol1 Love your setup that looks stunning Have you a link to a youtube video showing off your setup.

Thanks too both MagicMau and Brigetiol1, i will try over the next couple of day's or so and see what happens. Im not good at scripting but im sure i could work something out. I also have VoiceAttack to so could try that way as well.
I will keep you posted on how it goes and also may have a question or 2..

Also Brigetiol1 Love your setup that looks stunning Have you a link to a youtube video showing off your setup.
:) thanks!

I'm too shy to upload videos to Youtube, but in my thread there are lots of pictures and descriptions about building my cockpit from the basics. If you can't find something there, just write a message, I'd be happy to share what I know :) !

Just released a minor update. Changes in this version:

• Distant Radio (ogg streaming radio) no longer stops at the end of the first track
  • Key bindings are tracked when the preset is changed in game
  • Option added to manually reload key bindings (under Options > Logitech Led > Reload keybindings)
  • Discord Rich Presence is up and running again

Running this app since my refurbished G13 arrived.
It works well with two caveats.
1) The G13 "sees" it in the app list but it isn't on the G13 LCD to execute. This may just be a matter of not understanding completely how it works. Maybe it starts up once elite actually starts. The G13 config software does say it is available, just doesn't show on the g13 app list on the device. So I start it manually every time.

2) Today there was an update. I updated. It constantly told me there was an update after install until I finally just said no, don't install the just installed update.

Top Bottom