Release Elite G19s Companion app (with simulated space traffic control)

Hello,

Question about Ontopreplica that you recommend. I cannot save the settings so they are persistent. I'm not saying it can't be done, just that I haven't figured it out. The problem is that your rather great app is being wholly overwhelmed by my growing resentment for that - almost abandoned - required software overlay.

I'm asking you because you recommend and use it with your app, and they haven't updated their github since Obama's first term in office.

Please help if possible.

Last edited:
Question about Ontopreplica that you recommend. I cannot save the settings so they are persistent. I'm not saying it can't be done, just that I haven't figured it out. The problem is that your rather great app is being wholly overwhelmed by my growing resentment for that - almost abandoned - required software overlay.

To be honest, I haven't used OnTopReplica in a while, but I have two suggestions that may help you. First of all, there is an option in the app to automatically start OnTopReplica when you start EliteG19s. It will pass in a couple options that you can change manually. This may work around your issue.
You will need to edit the file C:\Users\Praemonitus\AppData\Roaming\EliteG19s\options.json though. See https://apps.magicmau.nl/EliteG19s/Docs/EliteG19s-Manual.html#user-content-OnTopReplicaSettings for more details.

The option to start with OnTopReplica can be found in the app, under Options > Visuals > Window Defaults > Start OnTopReplica on startup.

My second suggestion would be to not use OnTopReplica, but try the built-in "always on top" option. Options > Visuals > Current Window > Always On Top. This will persist across sessions (or it should) and might be the easier solution.
I think you will have to have the game run in borderless windowed mode, but I'm not 100% sure of that.

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks for the reply, in the end it's all about the opacity. I will try your suggestions, perhaps they might make it more practical to use. Thank you.

Dear MagicMau your programming skills are "Magic" so i asking :
I already asked the eddi team but i am unsure if it has to do with Eddi , i am almost sure that is g19s applet ability so please clarify :
a)When we have passengers on board they make requests of entering a combat zone, asking for some specific item , or informing us of going to the next way-point , changing destination etc..
is there a way of hearing their requests through a script instead of seeing a message?
b)When cargo hauling we receive messages such as incoming enemy or change of destination etc ..
Also is there a way to hear them instead of message ?
I think it's probably trick but one can hope ......

Hi MagicMau, I would like to ask a question. Yesterday as I was exploring the deep space, I suddently heard a traffic voice saying " Hello, is there anybody out there? I am lonely and I need some company" or something like that. It was in a system without population. Is this normal? It happened again sometime ago in another random system I was exploring. I am well outside the bubble.

Hi MagicMau, I would like to ask a question. Yesterday as I was exploring the deep space, I suddently heard a traffic voice saying " Hello, is there anybody out there? I am lonely and I need some company" or something like that. It was in a system without population. Is this normal? It happened again sometime ago in another random system I was exploring. I am well outside the bubble.

It's likely the same as this: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/b8bkvw Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/b8bkvw/psa_elite_g19s_companion_app_has_a/

Hello everyone,

To compliment your Elite G19s experience and instead of using Logitech ARX, I'd suggest setting up your tablet / phone with a free app called spacedesk.

It allows your device to act as an extra screen over wifi. My PC is hardwired and the apps still work via the modem in the other room.

I'm using it on a tablet above my footpedals with it set to the g19s orrery map (the phones to the left and underneath are using ARX)

DSC_0015.JPG

By using Elite g19s natively on your PC to Tablet opposed to ARX, you see the text of voice traffic chatter, there are far more customisation options, the graphics are better and you get the stars animated when you're in hyperspace.

Thanks for making this all possible with your amazing Elite app MagicMau o7. You're a genius

Dear MagicMau your programming skills are "Magic" so i asking :
I already asked the eddi team but i am unsure if it has to do with Eddi , i am almost sure that is g19s applet ability so please clarify :
a)When we have passengers on board they make requests of entering a combat zone, asking for some specific item , or informing us of going to the next way-point , changing destination etc..
is there a way of hearing their requests through a script instead of seeing a message?
b)When cargo hauling we receive messages such as incoming enemy or change of destination etc ..
Also is there a way to hear them instead of message ?
I think it's probably trick but one can hope ......

Ooh, that's a good one, but I'm afraid there does not seem to be an entry in the Journal files that notify the app of this happening. Might be something the devs can add in perhaps. I'll ask around to see where the wish list is these days :)

Good afternoon, tell me, is it possible to make a translation into another language ??? For example, in Russian. If possible, then how to create one ???

Good afternoon, tell me, is it possible to make a translation into another language ??? For example, in Russian. If possible, then how to create one ???
Yes, some parts already can be translated (the space traffic control parts). For the user interface I have not yet prepared it for other languages, but if you feel like doing the translations I definitely would like to look into this!

Just want to say thank you for an amazing app and have been using it for about 7 months, and its fueled the expansion of my Elite setup!
Also thanks for the like on Hutton Orbital!

4nGd7Of.jpg
Yeah, I spotted your picture on Facebook, and thought.. Wait what.. That seems familiar. It's an awesome setup, and I'm only slightly jealous ;)

Yes, some parts already can be translated (the space traffic control parts). For the user interface I have not yet prepared it for other languages, but if you feel like doing the translations I definitely would like to look into this!
I would love to start translating into Russian ... An interesting experience, I would like to try to work with you.

This is SO amazing! I am actually really jealous now :) Hope you like the G19 as much as I have over the years. Did you find it new still? I thought they didn't sell them anymore.

Unfortunately no its second hand. Have a G15 (Also an extra for spare parts) but have been after a G19 since playing Elite! It was £25 from EBay! Its just a case of waiting for them to come up, and not go for silly money! Am watching another 3 at the moment and if they stay under £30 i will pick up another for spares! lol!

Unfortunately no its second hand. Have a G15 (Also an extra for spare parts) but have been after a G19 since playing Elite! It was £25 from EBay! Its just a case of waiting for them to come up, and not go for silly money! Am watching another 3 at the moment and if they stay under £30 i will pick up another for spares! lol!

Wow! 25 quid!? That's much lower than I thought they'd cost now. Years ago, I paid £150 each for two of them and they're imported from the US so they were cheaper than in the UK lol. They've got the speech marks and the @ symbol the other way around, plus massive plug sockets but those were the sacrifices for saving cash. I'm glad you got such a great bargain!

Below is my G19 and Elite setup if you'd like to see (please excuse the rough pictures - there are cola bottles to stop my cats getting behind my PC and a blanket on the sofa to protect it from them running over it lol). I shared a central picture just over a month ago but here's the full overview, plus updates since then o7. I'd like to give a massive thanks to MajicMau for making this happen and giving me the motivation from your amazing app as the centrepiece :D.

Here are two pictures with the G19 from October (although I've changed round the positions and layouts on the devices since then)
umXI2L8.jpg

90mVMUD.jpg

This is the general layout it has now, from a month ago:
dhsLIP1.jpg

Here's the last change I made to the centre screen and close ups of the tablets and phone connected to my PC (acting as monitors)
JHBACMQ.jpg

88zeYm9.jpg

F2x7PoN.jpg

f9mnyPQ.jpg

In the future (and for anyone else with a G19), if you get problems with the lights flickering (like both of mine did) then you just need to open them up by undoing loads of screws underneath. Near the cable connection, you'll most likely see two exposed wires. Just put elec tape over them and it'll be sorted! Fly safe

Wow! 25 quid!? That's much lower than I thought they'd cost now. Years ago, I paid £150 each for two of them and they're imported from the US so they were cheaper than in the UK lol. They've got the speech marks and the @ symbol the other way around, plus massive plug sockets but those were the sacrifices for saving cash. I'm glad you got such a great bargain!

Below is my G19 and Elite setup if you'd like to see (please excuse the rough pictures - there are cola bottles to stop my cats getting behind my PC and a blanket on the sofa to protect it from them running over it lol). I shared a central picture just over a month ago but here's the full overview, plus updates since then o7. I'd like to give a massive thanks to MajicMau for making this happen and giving me the motivation from your amazing app as the centrepiece :D.

Here are two pictures with the G19 from October (although I've changed round the positions and layouts on the devices since then)
Wow! I love the setup! Its the one thing i have loved about getting into this 8 months ago (So wish i did not ignore the kickstarter those years ago! :-() Its the immersion and the amazing 3rd party stuff thats really made me fall in love with Elite and its player base!

P.S Am also a pet owner! This is Amber and the reason am a Space beagle! lol

gnEzRZA.jpg

She was mentioned on Hutton Orbital! lol

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jGehcn7bPI

Hello,
First I want to say this is a great program. I have it on my gaming computer and is on my ARX program on my tablet. But I'm having trouble getting this program to work on my second computer which doesn't have Elite Dangerous. I just use the second computer for elite tool programs such as yours. I plugged in the INara and edsm keys and it just doesn't seem to have the information needed to run the Orrery. The screen says "No orrery data available". Can it only run on the same computer Elite is running on?

Last edited:
Top Bottom