Release Elite G19s Companion app (with simulated space traffic control)

Hi Frillop Freyraum

You need to go to Options/Visuals/Current Window then its resolution Multiplier.

If you want to maximise on one screen then select Maximise on display till its selects which monitor you want it on.

One tip is you can run multiple windows and have them on your games screen with selecting windows always on top.

Old video showing the display windows.

Thanks for the nice words and the video! Good luck on your trip to Beagle point! I hope to get there one day myself too.

By the way, personally I most often use the system tray icon to open new windows. On the bottom right of your screen, next to the wifi and volume icon, you will find a white Elite icon. If you right click it, there are options to open new windows in various sizes or full screen.

Here's a small question for now: In your OP I see the orrery with planets in different colours. Mine are all beige, including the stars. Is there a way to change that? Couldn't find anything regarding in the menus or in the LGS.

Thanks for your nice comments! Regarding the beige colouring, you might try the latest beta. I had an issue where newly discovered planets and stars were not correctly identified by the app (and thus all turned beige) - https://apps.magicmau.nl/Beta/EliteG19s-latest.msi
(or you can wait for the actual release which will be this weekend I think)

Hi Magic Mau

I know you have already made an amazing bit of software and like i have stated before, that its as essential to elite as voice attack. but been playing with a new toy, one of those Arduino based Ambilight clones from China (Colour Box). I know you have Ambilight compatibilty via Phillips Hue and the entertainment zones. Have you ever considered or looked into compatibility with the clones that use Ambibox or Prismatik? As the whole setup and 3 meters of LED's cost the less than the price of a Hue Hub.
Have included a video of it running below.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Rb-CuHqdLc

Hi Magic Mau,

I have a problem and hope you can help please. I use up to 6 screens connected to my PC at once for Elite.
  1. main HD monitor for EDSM, INARA, youtube etc
  2. 4K screen for Elite Dangerous
  3. 10" tablet via twomon SE in centre front - with your G19s app and 12 rainmeter buttons for elite tools and links
  4. 10" tablet via spacedesk attached to my chair on the left - with voice attack and rainmeter volume adjuster (and %), and mic input level.
  5. Android phone via spacedesk on the left behind the throttle - as a rainmeter directional audio output display (basically shows where any audio is coming out of, also acting as directional impact indicator in battles.
  6. Android phone via spacedesk on the right - with ED discovery
With the first three connected, everything runs fine and the G19s opens on the 3rd screen as expected. With anything else connected, Windows re-orders the display numbers and the G19s app ends up in random places, sometimes hidden behind rainmeter and/or other tools. When I find it and adjust to whatever number screen 3 is, it's then not set correctly if I don't load the other tablet and phones. It's a lot of faff caused by windows :(.

I've searched online and there isn't a way to force windows into keeping monitor numbers apparently. I tried deleting my registry Graphics Configuration and Connectivity but the issue just occurs again when +3 are connected. So, I would please, please, please like to ask if there's a way / hidden way to force Elite G19s to certain pixels so it's not tied to Windows dodgy monitor numbers. I've done that for the rainmeter overlays and Voice Attack with an in-line c# script and they're perfectly in place now.

Sorry for the long message (I'm a QA Engineer and have a habit of trying to explain everything - bit much sometimes lol).

Thank you and stay safe.
Evo.

Last edited:
CMDR Evolution Have you considered using the Logitech Gaming software to display on the android tablets or phones. Before i got a G19 and G13 keyboards, i used to use it for two tablets (picture below)

7b3gLoK.jpg

But now just stick to onscreen displays from EDMC plugins, TC MK2 and my keyboard screens for G19 Companion App.

Source: https://i.imgur.com/9V9n0Pf.jpg

Links below for software

Arx Control

Logitech Gaming software

Thanks for the suggestion. Yeah, that was phase 1 of the set up but it's been getting improved since then. Here were some pictures from Jan 11th (it's been refined since then as well but it gives an idea of how it's laid out).

Here are two pictures with the G19 from October (although I've changed round the positions and layouts on the devices since then)
umXI2L8.jpg

90mVMUD.jpg

This is the general layout it has now, from a month ago:
dhsLIP1.jpg

Here's the last change I made to the centre screen and close ups of the tablets and phone connected to my PC (acting as monitors)
JHBACMQ.jpg

88zeYm9.jpg

F2x7PoN.jpg

f9mnyPQ.jpg

To use arx would unfortunately mean I lose the 12 desktop buttons for all the Elite tools and would mean G19s would have to run in much lower quality. Plus, arx over WiFi connection is less reliable than usb to display an image. Thanks for the suggestion though

With the first three connected, everything runs fine and the G19s opens on the 3rd screen as expected. With anything else connected, Windows re-orders the display numbers and the G19s app ends up in random places, sometimes hidden behind rainmeter and/or other tools. When I find it and adjust to whatever number screen 3 is, it's then not set correctly if I don't load the other tablet and phones. It's a lot of faff caused by windows :(.

Hi Evo,
It's something that was bothering me too, and I've been working on a fix. Unfortunately work was really busy lately so I still have it in beta (wasn't able to properly playtest it), but if you don't mind testing it a bit, you can download it from here: https://apps.magicmau.nl/Beta/EliteG19s-latest.msi

I've changed the way how the app tries to remember the screen and hopefully puts everything back where you would expect it!

Hi Evo,
It's something that was bothering me too, and I've been working on a fix. Unfortunately work was really busy lately so I still have it in beta (wasn't able to properly playtest it), but if you don't mind testing it a bit, you can download it from here: https://apps.magicmau.nl/Beta/EliteG19s-latest.msi

I've changed the way how the app tries to remember the screen and hopefully puts everything back where you would expect it!
Thank you so much Magic Mau!!!

I'm not able to test it until hopefully over the next few days. My w10 had an issue with its dwm.exe and trying to fix it has currupted my pc - I can't even get into windows at the moment :(. I've booked 3 days off work to get it sorted even if I need to reset it and will get back to you when I've been able to test it out o7.

Sorry to hear work has been so busy. Hope it settles down for you mate.

Stay safe and all the best,
Evo

Hey MagicMau o7.

I've thoroughly tested the new beta above and it's updated version as well - 3.7.74112 & 3.7.7461

I've created an issue log on google docs and sent it to you on a PM.

Hope that helps out mate. All the best,
Evo

I've thoroughly tested the new beta above and it's updated version as well - 3.7.74112 & 3.7.7461
I've created an issue log on google docs and sent it to you on a PM.

You are the best, Evo! Thank you so much for giving so much detail on the issues you are running in to! It is very helpful to help me track them down.

To give a bit of background, I've been battling in getting consistent info on attached monitors. As you've seen, monitor #2 can suddenly become #3 depending on various factors, the weather and if the last winning lottery number was odd or even.

So I'm trying to get more info on the monitors (such as their internal name) to try and make it more consistent. I think the crashing error you've seen when selecting the maximize option is related to a bug there.
What the app tries to do when starting up is read the saved window positions and sizes from its options.json file. That also contains info on the monitor. If it can't find the monitor it will try to position it as best as it can, and if all else fails, just put it somewhere.

I will go through the items in your doc and work out a method to make it even more consistent and take another look at window borders (which causes the few pixels offset you've seen).

Again, many thanks for this document, I'm sure it has been a lot of work!

You're welcome Magic Mau!

That made me laugh about how random it is - I've noticed that in windows as well.

One thing which might help could be a free app called spacedesk and if you have any old phones (even your current phone) and tablets, they then behave like extra PC monitors over your wifi connection. With your coding wizardry, hopefully it might shed some light on what random stuff windows decides to do when it feels like it, fingers crossed.

This might not be possible but perhaps a solution could be a refresh button which would force the app to get new data for it's JSON file (if windows sends it incorrectly at startup).

Cool, I hope it's all helpful :). You should have edit access (or you can make a copy) if it helps to structure it differently, delete anything or add more info for yourself - whatever easiest for you mate.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. I've now got the joy of an HCS pack problem to sort out. There's always fun to be had! lol

One thing which might help could be a free app called spacedesk and if you have any old phones (even your current phone) and tablets, they then behave like extra PC monitors over your wifi connection. With your coding wizardry, hopefully it might shed some light on what random stuff windows decides to do when it feels like it, fingers crossed.

This might not be possible but perhaps a solution could be a refresh button which would force the app to get new data for it's JSON file (if windows sends it incorrectly at startup).

That's an excellent suggestion! Looks like Spacedesk might even be a good alternative to the Arx integration. Interesting. I will explore further.

I think I need to dive deeper into the voodoo magic that provides information on the monitors. And apparently there are a couple bugs in the code as I'm getting a few reports on crashes, so expect an update soon :)

Thanks again for helping me with these tests! (and good luck with the voice pack)

Hi all! I'm back to the game (you know) and.. wow! I like new UI buttons of our companion! Nice work MagicMau!

But I have a little problem. Spotify works perfectly like always, but something happen with youtube music. My youtube playlist not work anymore. I need to change anything? I use it with VoiceAttack plugin, but if I select manually in the UI doesn't work either.

Well, Spotify plays well, but Something happens with volume control. I can't control it with Companion anymore.

Another minor bug I found is that the "dim music while transmitting" in space traffic options not work correctly. This option it's always on.

Edit: Ok, regarding youtube playlists: I see that all my youtube playlists are disappeared maybe "TVStations" label of options.json is not valid anymore?

You recommend me install beta version?

MagicMau!
My Hue lights are seemingly broken again. I cannot get the companion to sync with my play bars again. Not sure if there was something broken with the last beta, but I am guessing that I need to remove and reinstall the app again.

Top Bottom