Release Elite G19s Companion app (with simulated space traffic control)

Could it be that the app is still running in the background? Because if you have all rights, access rights shouldn't be a problem. As a final resort, an additional step to take might be to manually undelete the files in C:\Users\You\AppData\Local\Programs\EliteG19s (just delete the whole folder) and then installing again.

Ah sorry! My stupid mistake. It was still running in the background. I closed the task and it worked without having to remove any files. It's up and running now :D

Sorry, it took me a while to find out where exactly things were going wrong and then to find a way to resolve it. It seems like I managed to introduce a bug in the installer itself, which you only find when either uninstalling or upgrading.

I think I may have found a solution. So, if you are running into the issue where an upgrade keeps "running into a problem", try the following and let me know if it solved the issue:
  1. Open a command prompt as Administrator
  2. Enter the following commands, which will remove the installer entries from the Windows registry:
    1. reg delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Installer\Products\80C697EF16E30BF4DB199625E3584A67
    2. reg delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Installer\Features\80C697EF16E30BF4DB199625E3584A67
    3. reg delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Installer\UpgradeCodes\80C697EF16E30BF4DB199625E0017637
  3. Download the latest version from https://apps.magicmau.nl/EliteG19s/ and try installing that.
Hopefully it should now all be fine. I totally understand if you are uncertain about trying this out yourselves. I will wrap it in a more user friendly way if it works for more people than just me :)
CHECK! it worked thnx MagicMau!

works like a charm bro - thanks for taking the time to fix it up. I recently took the trip from the bubble to Coloina then to Sat A and back to Colonia and cant tell you how much I missed this thing.

Thanks Mau! Great to have it running again!!!!!

1596824015490.jpeg

Hi MagicMau, I absolutely love this app. I use it with my G13. space control gets me sometimes when i am out in the black and i suddenly hear hello. The latest version of this does not seem to work well with my get up when i finally got it installed it just kept opening the companion app over and over again. Is there a way that i can get a link to the previous version?

Sorry, it took me a while to find out where exactly things were going wrong and then to find a way to resolve it. It seems like I managed to introduce a bug in the installer itself, which you only find when either uninstalling or upgrading.

I think I may have found a solution. So, if you are running into the issue where an upgrade keeps "running into a problem", try the following and let me know if it solved the issue:
  1. Open a command prompt as Administrator
  2. Enter the following commands, which will remove the installer entries from the Windows registry:
    1. reg delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Installer\Products\80C697EF16E30BF4DB199625E3584A67
    2. reg delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Installer\Features\80C697EF16E30BF4DB199625E3584A67
    3. reg delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Installer\UpgradeCodes\80C697EF16E30BF4DB199625E0017637
  3. Download the latest version from https://apps.magicmau.nl/EliteG19s/ and try installing that.
Hopefully it should now all be fine. I totally understand if you are uncertain about trying this out yourselves. I will wrap it in a more user friendly way if it works for more people than just me :)
ready working

Tried the tip of deleting registry and installing. Started, then I played the game, didnt notice any effect in game, then when ending game, and trying to start again, it doesnt let me. I have no rights to start. The quickstart icon had chanced to generic file, but trying to search for the exe had same result.
And when starting the new install, it still suggested that theres a new version, so i chose yes to install it.

Got the program running, though it still asks for an update when starting, but selecting no starts the program. I was just wondering, cause before when I took a screenshot and posted it in Facebook, it automatically put the location where it was taken to the pic. Now it doesnt seem to do it, but when I look at the details of the pic in the file, it shows that information, but doesnt put it in Facebook, how could I make the program to do it?

Just came back after a long break and found this post. While I don't have the KB, I do have a second screen so I figured I'd give it a shot. It installed without issue but whenever I try to log in to the Elite site and authenticate, I get redirected back to it asking for my login again. There aren't any errors, it just doesn't appear to work. I did verify the login is correct on the off chance my password DB app wasn't updated but that wasn't it.

Couldn't find anything in the FAQ or the manual so I figured I'd mention it here. One odd thing is the app installed is v3.7.7514.17723 but the latest version is 3.6 according to the first post here. I'm assuming that's just an oversight but if it isn't it might be useful info.

Thanks!

Terribly sorry about the update issues people are experiencing. I'm happy that the workaround works for most people. Still don't know what exactly went wrong in a previous version, but I blame it on my lack of skills building installers!

@Nilt, regarding your question, I just tried it on a fresh machine, but it seems to work for me. So that is not very helpful to you. The Frontier logon prompt popped up, I entered my details, went through a few screens to show Frontier I'm really not a robot, and then had to push "Accept" to allow the app to connect to the API. After that, the app updated the screen to my last known position in the game.

Do you go through this whole flow as well, or does it stop mid way?

You can try enabling verbose logging in the app and emailing me the log.txt file which may explain why things aren't working. There might be a bug, I seem to make those more often. Instructions on how to turn this on can be found at https://apps.magicmau.nl/EliteG19s/Docs/EliteG19s-Manual.html#user-content-Troubleshooting (go to "Send Log Files").

Thanks!

@Nilt, regarding your question, I just tried it on a fresh machine, but it seems to work for me. So that is not very helpful to you. The Frontier logon prompt popped up, I entered my details, went through a few screens to show Frontier I'm really not a robot, and then had to push "Accept" to allow the app to connect to the API. After that, the app updated the screen to my last known position in the game.

Do you go through this whole flow as well, or does it stop mid way?

You can try enabling verbose logging in the app and emailing me the log.txt file which may explain why things aren't working. There might be a bug, I seem to make those more often. Instructions on how to turn this on can be found at https://apps.magicmau.nl/EliteG19s/Docs/EliteG19s-Manual.html#user-content-Troubleshooting (go to "Send Log Files").

Thanks!
I can get to the Elite login and enter my details. When I click Accept it seems as though it loads a new page then I'm back at the same login prompt with empty boxes for my details. I haven't tried in a couple days so it may have been a weird temporary issue but I'll give it a retry later on with verbose logging enabled and let you know what happens.

Well, sure, after I enabled verbose logging it let me in. This time I got the Captcha popups asking me to click the various images where I didn't last time. perhaps that wasn't quite working the other day for some reason? Regardless, it works now and, hey, if I have further issues I have verbose logging already on! :)

Hi MagicMau

I've recently tried to install the Hoksilator profile for VoiceAttack that includes your app.

I decided to uninstall after realizing that I was not going to use it. I tried to uninstall it manually but something did wrong and now I can't fully unistall de app. Hoksilator profile thinks that it is installed and try to launch it provoking an error.

I tried to reinstall the appin order to solve any issue and then I could try to uninstall it correctlybut I have an error trying to install it.

1599695203047.png

I also tried to reinstall and repair the app using Hoksilator installe pack with no success.

Any idea on how to solve the problem?

PD. Sorry If I can't make myself clear enough since English is not my mother tongue.

Hi all!

As a clarification of MrMagoo, my script installer only download and install the latest version of msi installer. But now is not possible to uninstall your software using Windows control panel uninstaller. The software persist on %LOCALAPPDATA%\Programs\EliteG19s\

The version tried: 3.7.7514.17723 and 3.7.7461.28459

I've recently tried to install the Hoksilator profile for VoiceAttack that includes your app.
Any idea on how to solve the problem?
As a clarification of MrMagoo, my script installer only download and install the latest version of msi installer. But now is not possible to uninstall your software using Windows control panel uninstaller. The software persist on %LOCALAPPDATA%\Programs\EliteG19s\

Hi both! Unfortunately there is a problem with an earlier installer that causes issues, there are some manual steps that should help to resolve the issue. I've written them down here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...ted-space-traffic-control.226782/post-8634807

At last I could uninstall de G19s app by using a 3rd party uninstaller.
I take it you didn't follow the instructions or there must be something wrong with your pc as other people didn't have to use that method (myself included). You might want to do a virus scan.

Good luck and all the best

Kind regards,
Evo

Top Bottom