elite keeps crashing recently, ever since the update

this has happened about 8 times in the last 2 days. ive submitted some error reports. is this happening to anyone else? it was crashing alot when i was accessing the starport services. now its crashing when i select join multicrew.

See if you can pull the details of the error report and throw it in here. might lead to a clue to what is causing the crash.
First guess because you mention it happens when joining multicrew, and when you reach out to collect info on the starport services board. could be a network communication error.
Try the simple things, reset your modem/router, unplug and reconnect in sequence starting from the wall.
If your running ED via steam you can have it verify files to ensure no damaged files during the last update. (may take awhile)
to quote the show "The IT Crowd" ~ "Have you tried turning it on and off again?"

See if you can pull the details of the error report and throw it in here. might lead to a clue to what is causing the crash.
First guess because you mention it happens when joining multicrew, and when you reach out to collect info on the starport services board. could be a network communication error.
Try the simple things, reset your modem/router, unplug and reconnect in sequence starting from the wall.
If your running ED via steam you can have it verify files to ensure no damaged files during the last update. (may take awhile)
to quote the show "The IT Crowd" ~ "Have you tried turning it on and off again?"
Worked for Verizon Wireless; you'd be surprised how often turning it off and back on fixes stuff. So many people keep their devices on 24/7 and small errors build up in RAM until things stop working. Power cycle your phones and computers at least once every couple days.

Worked for Verizon Wireless; you'd be surprised how often turning it off and back on fixes stuff. So many people keep their devices on 24/7 and small errors build up in RAM until things stop working. Power cycle your phones and computers at least once every couple days.

i knew it. it's people's fault for leaving their devices on 24/7, which is actually how they are meant to be used. 😁😂🤣

try again, no coins needed, it's free! 😛

i knew it. it's people's fault for leaving their devices on 24/7, which is actually how they are meant to be used. 😁😂🤣

try again, no coins needed, it's free! 😛
just because they are meant to be used 24/7, doesn't mean they wont run into issues in doing so. running a device 24/7 will usually cause issues, memory leaks, software bugs and the like is why you want to power cycle a device every now and again (this goes for computers, smartphones, modems and routers ans other devices). in a perfect world you'd be able to run a device 24/7 without issue, but this isn't a perfect world and software (and hardware) do have bugs and other issues. this is why servers have maintenance downtime, to apply patches and to reboot the system to clear errors and bugs that would be stuck in memory.

Top Bottom