Community Event / Creation Elite Racers present Breakout Series - Time Trial Challenge

Elite Racers present Breakout Series - 1v1 Tournament
eDgt0MB.jpg

Breakout Series - What is it?

Main event poster
7UUjdeh.jpg
The Elite Racer Breakout Series (Follow this link to sign up or find out more).

Fathaggard over on the Elite Racers reddit/discord is hosting the Breakout Elite Racer series.
It's live racing action with other racers around installation stations (similar to the action in this video)

However!!!,
If, like me, you're unable to make those times (As an aussie, that’s 4am for me)
I’m going to be hosting a tournament that attempts to blend time trial racing with live racing action in a head to head tournament.

1v1 Tournament - How will it work?

In short,
It’ll be a Swiss Style Tournament^ of 6 Rounds running alongside the main event.
Rounds 1-2 will be at location #1
Rounds 3-4 will be at location #2
Rounds 5-6 will be at location #3

6 rounds of swiss allows for 8-64 racers to join (if less than 8, we may do round robin instead).
You’ll be assigned an opponent, and be given 1 week to organise a time to race each other.
Round 1 will start Jan 21. Same day the main events first round starts, and will last a week.
Round 6 will finish Mar 04. Same day of the main events last round.
More details below

Which ship classes?
To keep things fair, everyone will be running (a special Elite Racers eagle build) (no mods or engineering).
It's the same build used in the Okinura Station Sprint (and the upcoming time trials for these installations).

CMDR Ozric's Elite Eagle from the Okinura Station Sprint
aSEt59d.png

Rules and regulations
  • 1 week allowed per round
  • racers must organise time with their opponent
  • if a racer is absent, their competitor will receive a bye.
  • if both racers are absent, they both receive 0pts
  • If there are any problems, I’ll review on a case-by-case basis.
You’ll race your opponent in a 3 heats
You’ll receive 3pts for a race win (If you will all 3 heats, thats 9pts),
If you have a bye, you’ll get 7pts.

3 heats is to encourage racers to try their best each heat to score as many points as possible toward the leaderboard.
If you find yourself unsure of who won a heat, please do the heat again. There are to be no draws in this event.

FAQ
  • ^ Swiss style is the middle ground between elimination and round robin. You’ll not race everyone, but allows everyone to race the same amount of rounds to earn points. Your points earned will be used to attempt to match you with a similarly skilled opponent.

HOW TO ENTER

* posting on this thread, or
* posting on the elite racer discord.

You'll need to be able to organise a race time with your opponent each week, so being available on both is recommended.

Submitting proof of races.
I need a screenshot of both ships together on the start line before your heats and a post here or discord telling me your scores.

Optional, but I would love video footage from both racers and a spectator.
It’ll be used in a end of round roundup, (similar to my Okinura Station Sprint end of month videos).

Most video cards have software that will enable video capture without excessive performance impact, for example, Plays.tv for AMD & Shadowplay for Nvidia.
I use OBS Studio, with it set to use the shadowplay chip for recording.
If you need help, don’t hesitate to ask.

Screenshots - I’d still love to see screenshots of your races.
You will need to upload screenshots (or video) somewhere safe and link it. I recommend imgur or youtube.

Course Layouts

Location #1 - System: Irusan, Bella Port
3 Laps as shown in the track flythrough.
Course layout
4ogSSzs.png
Track Flythrough
[video=youtube;tGmXM4wusMg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGmXM4wusMg[/video]

Location #2 - System: Zelano A4
Course layout
4z4IRPn.png
Track Flythrough - coming soon

Location #3 - System: Pleione 4
Course layout
giRiiHc.png
Track Flythrough - coming soon

Confirmed Racerz

• Terrorsidic
  • FatHaggard
  • TheCatIsDead

Learn more about Elite Racers

Last edited:
You folks ever do any live races with weapons enabled?

Large canyon race or similar with a set of pre-agreed fixed weapons would be one hell of a hoot.

Last edited:
This sounds amazing. Very nicely presented, too!
Will be checking out those highlights and flythrough videos for sure.

Is there anything like this on PS4?

Is there anything like this on PS4?

I'm only aware of PC groups that do racing sorry.

You can still participate in the time trial events however.

• This sunday I'll have the time trial details for racing around these installation stations.
  • There is also the Okinura Station Sprint
  • Or, the Attacked Station Spectacle () of racing around an attacked station (has to be the same layout as The Oracle to count for the leaderboard)
  • otherwise, keep an eye out for the next Buckyball Racing Club event

Cheers for the info! I feel inspired to make a dedicated racing Eagle ^^

Also maybe a cheap Keelback I can lug around and do the SLF trials... Gosh I'm so easily distracted in this game!

Looks like i missed the Drive Yards, but i did visit it and had a load of fun following the track.
I'm game for the next two tracks if you have positions available.
I will adjust my eagle to support a shield as noted (a special Elite Racers eagle build)
in game CMDR Wetwire

Top Bottom