Ships Elite Ship comparison tool

The Elite: Dangerous SCT *link here* is a very simple tool that enables you to quickly compare basic stats of stock ships currently available. All data is taken directly from the official Elite: Dangerous wiki pages that will get updated when new ships become available ingame.

I made the site because I got tired of switching windows on the wiki page while comparing modules and weapons :D

If you have any suggestions, find any irregularities in the data shown, or missing data that you have the info for, feel free to PM me or mail me directly.

Last edited:
Very cool tool. Definitely going to be replacing wiki for me and +1 rep to you. You'll be Competent before you know it :) - and I don't mean your ability to comprehend words or when to take action/inaction based on the current or foreseeable circumstance, immediate or forthcoming, whichever apply, independently or otherwise collectively even if contemporaneously (hell of a disclaimer for the declaration I made if I say so myself). Nice work on the site.

Last edited:
You made me giggle hehe. Thnx for the kind words :)

If anyone has any recommendations for improvement - feel free to post them

Oh, btw - does anyone know if there's a way, and how do you actually get your web up on the official fansite list? Are there any requirements to actually make FD consider your site as one of the fansites or something?

Last edited:

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
NICE tool. Rep +1.

Noticed your tool is in EDCodex ;-)
You might to consider adding this thread to it and adding a few screenshots.

From a newsletter: Send your ideas to community@frontier.co.uk. If you feel like your site, livestream or ambassador page is missing from the content that’s already there, then get in touch and we’ll add it to the list.

Hope this helps a bit.

Thnx Wolverine, I did as you suggested. Sent the mail and added screenshots to ED: Codex. Glad you guys like it o7

Great tool, +1!

I have a suggestion about hardpoints and internals...can you get the same class/size to line up?

So instead of:
Code:
FAS                   FDS
4x Utility Mounts     4x Utility Mounts 
2x Medium Hardpoints  2x Small Hardpoints 
2x Large Hardpoints   4x Medium Hardpoints 
-                     1x Large Hardpoint

You would have:
Code:
FAS                   FDS
4x Utility Mounts     4x Utility Mounts 
-                     2x Small Hardpoints 
2x Medium Hardpoints  4x Medium Hardpoints 
2x Large Hardpoints   1x Large Hardpoint

Hmmm... moving different sizes up/down isn't the issue. I need to check how would it affect the overall lenght of the displayed slots. for example - not all ships have all types of compartments. so either there would be a big gap between the emtpy modules all the time, or I'd have to recalculate the positions depending on which ships are selected. And maybe it turnes out just fine by default :)

I'll make sure to look into it. Thnx for the suggestion

I could make it look like this (if that's what you mean), but i think the gaps look confusing a bit when you pull out several ships with very different specs like shown in the screenshots. But that might just be me :S

Capture.PNG

I could make it look like this (if that's what you mean), but i think the gaps look confusing a bit when you pull out several ships with very different specs like shown in the screenshots. But that might just be me :S

I see what you mean. It does kind of look a bit funny with the Internals as there are such big variances. I do find it easier to visually compare the stats though when presented like that, especially with Hardpoints, but that might just be me hehe :)

(Maybe a thin, faint, horizontal line between those 2 sections would help with definition...the colours are fairly similar so at a glance it's not immediately clear where Hardpoints ends and Internals start)

Actually - I could just re-do the whole lower display. So instead of just having "Hardpoints" and "Internals" and then a blank spot - I could put in a full list and display the numbers on the actual ship info instead of compartment name. That way there will be no gaps and ships with nothing in that module /weapon slot will have zeros.

Gonna check it how it looks this week if I get some spare time :)

Top Bottom