Elite Shipyard

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
The new page you listed is what I am talking about. The new ships and weapons are not there. The new beta is the page you listed as far as I know and it is far from new in terms of the shipyard and outfitting.

Hey Taleden,

Been using ED-Shipyard for a while now and it's my preferred ship design tool. I particularly like the new beta interface.

I appreciate you're very busy, and I look forward to whenever you get the chance to update it.

Thank you for taking the time to build such a fantastically useful tool.

EDSY have so much features and information, there is no other so useful resources.
I want to say thank you, Taleden. I hope you will return to your tool someday =)

Thanks Taleden for your hard work through the years.

I've only had a small play with the new layout on a small tablet and it looks good. Keep up the great work!

Hi everyone...

Not sure if this was posted elsewhere, but it was news to me. Apparently Taleden is no longer working on this and CMDR Harry Potter has taken over the development of this tool. It seems to have a new URL:

http://edshipyard.net/

It does appear to be updated with some of the new ships, Krait, etc...

If you click on the "about" you get this message:

"A modified version of the original EDShipyard created by CMDR Taleden, unfortunately CMDR Taleden has since stopped working on this project, and so I CMDR Harry Potter have decided to further develop this tool for use by the Elite Community.
This version will lack features that where present on the older version though they will in time be replaced by new features of more use. "

Hope this helps. Cheers everyone o7

Thanks, looking forward to it. And also thanks to CMDR Harry Potter for taking over the tool (isn't that the infamous CMDR Salomé killer? ;))

I Cannot Get ED Shipyard import to work; I keep getting this Import Failed; No Ships found message!!! is this? I am importing my ship

Short update: just had a chat with cmdr Harry Potter on discord - he plans to update ED Shipyard, when the new ships during Beta arrive next week. Looking forward to it!

I still prefer Coliolis. Better layout, better organized, easier to look at. But nothing taken away here - it's a lot of work to make this sort of stuff - so well done.

I still prefer Coliolis. Better layout, better organized, easier to look at. But nothing taken away here - it's a lot of work to make this sort of stuff - so well done.
Opposite for me, I prefer ED Shipyard. You've all the main stats at one glance and don't have to scroll around that much. Guess the preference is mainly based on what tool you're used to.

Coriolis is very easy on the eyes, true... but there are a LOT of metrics and data that Coriolis doesn't show you. Especially if you're in to building stealth ships and heat management. IMO, ED Shipyard is the advanced tool for min-max builders.

Short update: just had a chat with cmdr Harry Potter on discord - he plans to update ED Shipyard, when the new ships during Beta arrive next week. Looking forward to it!

Awesome! Thanks for the info and send along our thanks to cmdr Potter! o7

Every thing up to date, thanks Cmdr Harry Potter:

Shipyard ver: 3.3 Beta Change Log

Added new mining tools section
Abrasion Blaser added
Added Sub-Surface Displacment Missile
Added Seismic Charge Launcher
Added Pulse Scanner
Added Mamba
Added Krait Phantom
Advanced discoveory scanner is now renamed Discovery scanner and part of the ship
Added Shield Reinforcement Packages
Added Guardian Module Reinforcement Packages
Added Guardian Shard Cannon (Class 3)
Orca internals unlocked
Beluga internals unlocked
Dolphin internals unlocked
Guardian FSD Booster added
Lateral and Verticle thruster performance added for some ships
Maba beta 4 changes added
Thermal Damage weight added for multi-cannons
Kinetic Damage weight added for multi-cannons
Incendiery effect now converts damage to correct type with correct weight

http://edshipyard.net

Not sure if this issue has been explained before and I've missed it, but I EDSY and Coriolis (including the most recent beta builds of each) have always given me hull resistance results that don't match what I see in game.

This is the hull and HRPs I have on my FDL, duplicated exactly in EDSY Beta 4: http://edshipyard.net/#/L=CO0H4C0S0...wPc4zmfAqpDEqpDIqpDmpT10iGBI44qpD8oPcEwPcGoPc

This is what I see in-game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmkP6Puq0VU

The difference, especially with regard to the thermal resistance, is significantly higher than what a rounding error should produce, but I haven't been able to do any empirical testing that's accurate enough to show which version, if either, is actually correct. I'm also not certain as to the nature of the calculation discrepancy, but it looks like the game and the on-line ship builders may be starting diminishing returns at different points.

Anyone able to clarify?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom