Elite Sports Stunt Videos: Earn a Paint Job and Win a Stream Feature!

But... How?
YsbKHg1.gif

But seriously, probably best to just watch this ...

Source: https://youtu.be/Z6rtB-bNQVM?t=2191

Thanks. Wasn't sure if I had missed it or not.
I believe they confirmed on Tuesday that this was going to happen next week, possibly on the Tuesday stream.

I believe it will be pre-recorded (I think they've tried to do something fairly special re: the presentation of it) but Zac and Bruce (?) will be in the stream, answering stuff in chat.

I believe they confirmed on Tuesday that this was going to happen next week, possibly on the Tuesday stream.

I believe it will be pre-recorded (I think they've tried to do something fairly special re: the presentation of it) but Zac and Bruce (?) will be in the stream, answering stuff in chat.
itscoming-elf.gif

Attachments

• 1638392579619.png
    1638392579619.png
    58 KB · Views: 39
I must unfortunately say that this excitement has completely turned to significant disappointment already before the airing of the stream due to the decision to exclude ship and on foot stunts. To me this seems to be saying that there were no stunts in these categories that were worthy of screen time, which feels like a complete diss of those that submitted such contributions.

I must unfortunately say that this excitement has completely turned to significant disappointment already before the airing of the stream due to the decision to exclude ship and on foot stunts. To me this seems to be saying that there were no stunts in these categories that were worthy of screen time, which feels like a complete diss of those that submitted such contributions.
Wait, what? When was that said?

EDIT: oh, here ...

Hmmm, I strongly suspect that's just a poorly worded show title. There was nothing in the original wording to say it was only SRV stunts so they surely can't change the rules now.

EDIT 2: Oh, well that sucks ...

Last edited:
EDIT 2: Oh, well that sucks ...
Very much so ... The paintjob was never the main motivator for me to submit. It was competing for air time and the possibility of seeing some high-level flying. (I simply do not believe all ship submissions were just reversing through the mail slot as someone suggested - give the community credit for being a bit more imaginative than that ... For example, I recently saw a high speed carrier landing by Sanderling that would certainly qualify by any standards.)

Just saw the stream and I want to extend a congratulations all submissions! Honoured to be chosen as the winner even though I wasn't the most skilled driver (shoutout to @Alec Turner 's impressive skill, something I definitely aspire work towards), but this stunt did take a lot of skill to set up. The location is Bug Killer crash site (https://canonn.science/codex/bug-killer-crashed-anaconda/) and I had to plan to get at least 1 of the 2 thargoids to scan the right position so that I could hop it. I did that by planting my Asp in front of the crashed conda and relogging many,many, many times to get the Goid to spawn.

I had toyed with the idea of shooting it on foot, but I aggro'ed the goid and almost killed me. I also toyed with the idea of landing on the 'goid, but for some reason I kept clipping through it. Hopefully it is fixed at some point.

Congratulations again to everyone!

Congratulations to everyone making the screen time!

I'm just going to put this here for posterity since ship and on foot videos were not welcome in the end.
---
Background information:

From the competitive joint NEWP & AXI community race event Eye of the Odyssey run by CMDR IM2D in January 2021.

The tasks were to (in order):
1 Start at a given fleet carrier
2 Sample a Thargoid Cyclops using a research limpet
3 Kill said Cyclops and scoop its heart
4 Pick up a Meta-Alloy from a barnacle site
5 Land at a given end fleet carrier

The video displays one of my Meta-Alloy pickups (4) by sweeping in in FA off, shooting the Meta-Alloy off the barnacle spike with gauss cannons and then scooping it up mid air. Hull damage taken in the end is mainly due to wanting to minimize time to the jump to the end carrier.

Really enjoyable format and stream. I hope we'll see more .. and hear more from Raoul quite honestly. Paul's face was a picture and the words of dubious wisdom did make me chuckle. Some great entries and worthy winners, hope we'll see more envelopes pushed again some time. Cowabunga!

I had toyed with the idea of shooting it on foot, but I aggro'ed the goid and almost killed me. I also toyed with the idea of landing on the 'goid, but for some reason I kept clipping through it. Hopefully it is fixed at some point.
From experience I think if a thargoid acquires you as a target on foot the game crashes so maybe it's for the best that you didn't try that...

I really liked @Alec Turner s stunt too for how clean it was and how it chained together multiple tricks.

I kinda regret doing my stunt at the last minute and not getting other people to show up with ships as scenery for more impressive visuals at the drop-in.

I was definitely going for a more full send approach than most of the other stunts and was hoping the "hull at 50% warning" would carry the stunt. I initially wanted to do something similar, but driving inside the debris-bridge structure and while it looked doable in practice runs I didn't think it would look as cool with night vision on.

I also considered submitting this fighter-based stunt at the same spot instead, but didn't feel like I could pull it off at a decent enough speed unlike the SRV stuff:
(also the since fixed lighting glitches kept messing up there)

Just saw the stream and I want to extend a congratulations all submissions! Honoured to be chosen as the winner even though I wasn't the most skilled driver (shoutout to @Alec Turner 's impressive skill, something I definitely aspire work towards), but this stunt did take a lot of skill to set up. The location is Bug Killer crash site (https://canonn.science/codex/bug-killer-crashed-anaconda/) and I had to plan to get at least 1 of the 2 thargoids to scan the right position so that I could hop it. I did that by planting my Asp in front of the crashed conda and relogging many,many, many times to get the Goid to spawn.

Congratulations again to everyone!
Congrat's dude (and thanks) - awesome stunt, and yeah, I can well imagine the setup and retries it must have taken. Interesting you couldn't land on it ... I wonder if things have changed since I did my Thargoid Rodeo at Penal Colony BV 2259? (another good location for this kind of shenanigans).

At the time I thought the 30 second time limit was really limiting but having seen the stream (which was frickin' awesome by the way) I can see why they imposed it. My stunt actually looked quite long in context (bang on the 30 limit). Here it is with sound.

Source: https://youtu.be/CAN7R9yX2wc

Before the backwards landing you'll hear a handbrake clunk. I had to tap the brake mid-air to stop the wheels spinning, otherwise it was really slow to get up to speed in reverse for the 2nd jump. Love that the SRV is modelled well enough for stuff like this to be a thing. And I'll admit it took a few goes to get it all as clean as that! 😆

I did somewhat cheekily send in 3 videos but I'm glad they picked this one, it was the one I was proud of. Here are the other two.

Source: https://youtu.be/KLLAaSTqFAc

Source: https://youtu.be/1vsvPUcX6QE

Bravo to all entrants, and sorry for all those who sent in non-SRV stunts. @Zac Cocken / @Bruce G - will they get featured in another stream? If not, maybe you could showcase them all in a follow-up forum post? Those guys deserve their moment of glory too!

o7

Last edited:
sorry for all those who sent in non-SRV stunts. @Zac Cocken / @Bruce G - will they get featured in another stream? If not, maybe you could showcase them all in a follow-up forum post?
Since there is only silence on this and it was stated in the Monday thread that the submissions were to be ”kept to maybe be used in the (unspecified) future” or something to that effect, I think it is safe to assume that the answer is ”no” to both questions.

Top Bottom