Elite with TM 16000m please help

Also, don't listen to the people saying that you should forget about target, it's a wonderful tool that allows you to crank up your precision to the next level.
In combat, it's gonna be very usefull.

Mmmhmmm. I'm sure it is. That's why most 16000 owners opt not to use it, no doubt.

Once the bindings are working rename the file to something else.

I've renamed mine to:
NP-T1600M-FCS.3.0.binds

Then edit the file, change this line to match the file name:
<Root PresetName="NP-T1600M-FCS" MajorVersion="3" MinorVersion="0">

Then NP-T1600M-FCS appears in the selection menu.

This way the Custom file can be used or changed by ED without bothering your set up.

The bindings file is usually here:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings

You could print out nice pics of your controller setup and save them for someone else to use with EDRefcard (EDRefCard forum post).
Here is my ED setup for T16000 FCS that uses pinkey button on the thrust handle as shift button to double each button's function link.

On the bottom of that page there is instructions to save the file to your bindings folder.

Edit: And I don't have the Target software installed at all. I.e. it is not even needed imho.

Last edited:
Target is a brilliant tool, especially if you use vr (and don't want to search buttons on your keyboard) and the T16000 (which is a bit short ob buttons on the stick itself).
With target you can assign different action to all kinds of crazy combinations, long click, short click double click, etc.
It just needs a while to set it up (and then it need a while until you understand the whole scripting language).

Target is a brilliant tool, especially if you use vr (and don't want to search buttons on your keyboard) and the T16000 (which is a bit short ob buttons on the stick itself).
With target you can assign different action to all kinds of crazy combinations, long click, short click double click, etc.
It just needs a while to set it up (and then it need a while until you understand the whole scripting language).

Great info, thanks.

Sometimes I feel I'm running out of buttons on my stick and hotas. A few double clicks or long short press buttons could really help.

please help guys...I bought a Thrustmaster T16000m and set it's targeting system to Elite keys, I saved the congig profile BUT when I go ingame, all I can use is X and Y axies, trigger and boost, rest is default, all those buttons i pain stakingly programmed, do nothing, what am i doing wrong??

I've had this same issue with my T16000m recently, but I found a work around:

Launch Elite first, then tab out and launch the TARGET software. Tab back to Elite, and it should see the T16000m in the control mappings. Select it, and tab back out. Then launch the profile you created, and tab back to Elite. You should now be able to select TARGET in your control mappings, and everything will work like you mapped.

If it doesn't work, just close the TARGET software (leaving Elite running) and relaunch it and try again.

I didn't have this problem until relatively recently, and it's really annoying. But doing those steps at least lets me use my TARGET profile.

Because probably a lot of T16000 users don't pvp so it's not necessary to adjust the curves to improve accuracy.

You're changing the curves to vary the response of stick movements to what it presented to the game. I wouldn't call that accuracy, more like tailoring the stick to fit your method of flying. I was using Joystick Curves (JC) long before I got the 16000M, in order to fit shortcomings with the T-Flight that came before it. The density of the 16000M's stick response is far better so I don't use JC today (I do not do PVP and you are correct--I do not need the kind of custom fit that mapping software can provide with this stick).

If I used JC today it'd be for FA OFF. I'd think I'd want a separate config per ship to match to their FA OFF turn rate differences, as what would be ideal for an FDL would be different than a Chieftain, etc... More of a performance boon than accuracy, but--you can get this outside of Target in a much simpler package (JC). Maybe Target offers a way to store multiple configs that are hot-swappable in-game--if so, that's a feature that is pretty nice if you're switching ships frequently.

The rest of Target's apparent benefits (scripting / key config) can be done in Voice Attack--kind of a necessary tool for VR anyway. Guess it comes down to preference where you get that done.

I've had this same issue with my T16000m recently, but I found a work around:

Launch Elite first, then tab out and launch the TARGET software. Tab back to Elite, and it should see the T16000m in the control mappings. Select it, and tab back out. Then launch the profile you created, and tab back to Elite. You should now be able to select TARGET in your control mappings, and everything will work like you mapped.

If it doesn't work, just close the TARGET software (leaving Elite running) and relaunch it and try again.

I didn't have this problem until relatively recently, and it's really annoying. But doing those steps at least lets me use my TARGET profile.
much appreciated will try that

Once you setup your profile in Target, you must run it BEFORE launching ED.

Then, once in ED, you have to setup all your controller binds.

Once complete, everything should work fine.

Hope this helps.

Clicker

Once you setup your profile in Target, you must run it BEFORE launching ED.

Then, once in ED, you have to setup all your controller binds.

Once complete, everything should work fine.

Hope this helps.

Clicker
thanks mate, love that clown, beats all others for me, apart from if you include Spoulding. one more question, how can i disable vr in Elite, i have now sold the headset but it keeps opening in vr

Top Bottom