Enclave - feedback thread

I just can't get into it at all.
The ax weapons are pretty meh, and the thought of the ridiculous charade scanning and collecting crap to unlock guardian gear , well I'd rather not play at all.
And let's face it the whole concept here is ridiculous, how many copies of the same scan do the brokers need?
After rngneering for propper PvP gear I just couldn't be asssed.

The bugs can have the lot.

Last edited:
The only issue I have with this interstellar initiative is that one can only get the Thargoid bobblehead by killing a Thargoid. Yes, one can get a friend to kill a Thargoid for you but nevertheless a Thargoid has to die.

There are people who are deliberately not killing Thargoids to see if an alternative story narrative can take place and they are therefore locked out of the Thargoid bobblehead.

Apart from that, it's been a great interstellar initiative.

I think it's fair to say that the Jury has returned a verdict that the Thargoids are only in game as our enemy. The little nodding Trophy cut from their Hearts has sealed it for me. There will be no friendly ways to play with them.

The very positive OP has glossed over the fact the Exploration section "Discovered" Barnacles in the Witchhead. That was a bit unexpected. Seeing as we already knew they were there.

That is about the sum total of my criticism though.

Don't get me wrong, I haven't forgotten "Bridging the entertainment Gap" and this Initiative only makes things even I reckon. FD were definitely one nil down but with the Witchhead they have equalised just before half time.

It's all to play for in the next one.

I forgot to give credit (in this thread) to "The Enclave" for getting me back into the game after I had essentially quit until the next major update. I hadn't been playing since late winter, tried to get back into it, found myself bored (there's a thread about that), stopped playing again, and then Palin gets attacked and I'm like, "Wait. What's this?"

Next thing I know I'm playing every day again, even with the EBL!

Is this the replacement for CG's?

All of this grinding, collecting and manufacturing for a bobble head?

Bring back the CG's.
But most CGs didn't have any tangible reward at all, just some (meaningless) credits. Only the most ambitious CGs attempted to build a new starport or colonize a new system.

So if you think of the global rewards for this one as primarily being the dozen newly colonized systems and their stations and bases, I'd say that's actually a very good return on investment. Or what sort of reward did you have in mind?

I'd be happy if there was a Tahrgoid worship CG that was aimed to prevent the last enclave thingy. As it stands now the story always goes the way FDev wants them to go. The only time players were actually having a choice was with salomé and the community decided. The difference here is it was from Drew Wagner and not from FDev directly. But right now, a long requested feature still is missing and is a major drawback: lack of counter CGs.

Unfortunately, I was not able to play much during the Enclave experience. If I play a bit today and tomorrow, can I still a bit of the experience and the bobblehead? What parts of this may still be open to me?

Unfortunately, I was not able to play much during the Enclave experience. If I play a bit today and tomorrow, can I still a bit of the experience and the bobblehead? What parts of this may still be open to me?
We're repairing the stations after the Thargoid attack, and generally getting the lay of the land still. Got a good community going over in the Enclave Phases thread, do pop over to say 'hi' if you're so inclined!

As far as we know, you can get the bobblehead any time. The decal probably won't be available forever, but reportedly you can still get it for now. The newly colonized systems in the Witch Head are hopefully permanent, although I suspect we haven't yet seen the full destructive force the 'goids can unleash.

Weren't you happy enough a couple weeks ago while you were shooting AX combat ship that weren't able to shoot back?
They did shoot back and no, it would be better to have a CG that targets NPCs and players with AX weaponary. For each kill you progress toward the counter CG and weaken the potential outcoem of the actual CG. Also Thargoid kills count (when a thargoid scores a kill). This way every player and NPC death in all modes count towards the counter CG just like every Thargoid death counts to the actual CG.

That would make me happy.

I think it a pretty rose tinted review of the ii.
The no fire zone issue where resolved pretty quickly, but it happened twice, and shows that FD didn't really play through the scenarios, and after the 1st, didn't think the rest of it through.

New ship yard in WH, can hardly be considered a 'reward', just another clear indication that they hadn't played it through, and was really a knee jerk fix.

As for the narrative, seems to me just an FD rip off of the previously Cmdr generated Maia and Colonia efforts. Nobody wanted an enclave in WH, and nobody needs one now. Weak generic plagiarism.

And STILL only pew pew for Thargoid interaction.

On the whole I've enjoyed it although I missed the 'kill thargoids' part.

PRO - the community reactions.
Imps, Feds & Indi piling in to help the Alliance after they were stiffed on the Cargo CG
and now the joint effort to get stations up and running in WHN irrespective of who they belong to.

CON - the exploration CG.
Too wishy-washy, just scan anything.
It should have been more targeted e.g. "we need you to scan <planet type> within 1000 ly of <system>"

I forgot to give credit (in this thread) to "The Enclave" for getting me back into the game after I had essentially quit until the next major update. I hadn't been playing since late winter, tried to get back into it, found myself bored (there's a thread about that), stopped playing again, and then Palin gets attacked and I'm like, "Wait. What's this?"

Next thing I know I'm playing every day again, even with the EBL!
I thought the Vulture had mostly fixed that?

I thought the Vulture had mostly fixed that?
At the moment I'm in my Dolphin, but you're right, the Vulture is less affected by EBL. I sometimes say EBL when I mean DDS, the latter being an obnoxious assault on the retina that no ship can fix. But I digress. My original point stands - really compelling gameplay can cover a certain amount of graphical sins (for example, the shadows in Nier: Automata aren't great either, but it sure was a fun game).

My only three issues with the initiative was the Alliance base for trade Cg was a long ride. They basically admitted they didn’t look at the distance to star port.

The thargoid bobble head recipe is too steep. A thargoid heart and 10 tons of Metallica for something that sits on you dash? That just doesn’t make sense. It’s another example of how Fdev doesn’t play their own game.

The fire zone issue AGAIN. Come on guys, aren’t you doing after action reviews? Pay attention.

Top Bottom