End-game income alternatives: What if we could invest in Factions?

I've been thinking about the upkeep costs of fleet carriers. It seems like upkeep adds a sense of management pressure into the owner's real life.

I think I'm alright with the current upkeep figures and how it works (not 100% sure yet), but,
what if we could invest in and earn passive income off of factions based on how well they're doing, and how much we invested? Then these passive earnings could be applied to active upkeep costs that you're responsible for (i.e. fleet carriers, and maybe in the future, bases).

Investments would probably make people care about the BGS a bit more, as we'd figuratively have our skin in game (to hopefully have credits return in ways over time).

Maybe it would be good timing to have other "end-game" ways of earning big credits to alleviate the pressure everyone's feeling about upkeep. Currently in the game's meta, "mining" is the most synonymous word with "credits." Is mining for everyone?

Maybe this investment system is unlocked only when you own a fleet carrier or after an equally large goal is met to keep the sense of achievement there.

Or maybe the figures should just be lowered for upkeep and all of this ignored, who knows. Discussion ensues.

I don't see how 10-20 million a week is an issue. A couple hours of doing virtually any paying activity can cover that, and it should be trivial for anyone who already figured out how to make 5 billion.

Top Bottom