End of the Road

When I read through that thread for the first time, mid-2019 (following some commander's link to it when talking about mining lasers in exploration), it got me absolutely hooked and also really emotional!

So what you say may be true, but it doesn't make this rescue any less impressive and inspiring. :)

Last edited:
Have there been any other such material rescues in the meantime? Haven't seen any other tale. I know people were carrying mining lasers for quite a while (maybe still) after this happend (I did as well, discarded it quite quickly though). But it seems to me this was really a one time mishap. Props to Macedonia for achieving such a unique breakdown :D

Have there been any other such material rescues in the meantime? Haven't seen any other tale. I know people were carrying mining lasers for quite a while (maybe still) after this happend (I did as well, discarded it quite quickly though). But it seems to me this was really a one time mishap. Props to Macedonia for achieving such a unique breakdown :D
People getting stuck for the very same reason has happened a few times but without the possibility to rescue them, sadly.
I know one guy got teleported by FDev.

I still carry mining lasers (often, but not always), though I've never needed it even once, to rescue myself or anyone else. ;)

It's not quite the same thing, but we've seen some pretty epic Fuel Rat rescues. Those were fuel related rescues rather than jumponium rescues, of course.

Last edited:
I've had 7 more rescue attempts since then, but only 2 were mining laser related, the other 5 were surface rescues, where the CMDR had no SRV, and 2 of those 5 resulted in failure due to explosive contact with the ground....

Thanks for the replies. I think, I you keep an eye on the material stock or even make sure it's always topped up (what I do) the mining laser should never come to use.

It's not quite the same thing, but we've seen some pretty epic Fuel Rat rescues. Those were fuel related rescues rather than jumponium rescues, of course.

Those I know about ofc, as a fuel rat ;)

Yes, the system with the landable planet has a few ringed ones (in fact, the landable one is a moon of a ringed world) but I have no mining capabilities alas.

Also, fuel-wise I am running on a tank which is practically empty - hence the 29 LY jump range. That is my absolute maximum - and that system is 1 LY outside it. I feel the galaxy is mocking me now!
do you have enough fuel to supercruise for a light year then jump?

do you have enough fuel to supercruise for a light year then jump?
Spoilered my reply, don't want to spoil my favourite thread more.
READ the thread, dolt!!!
<epic facepam>
This thing was succesfully resolved 3 years ago!
There are tourist beacons now in those systems.

Also: supercruising DOES NOT decrease the jump distance, no matter how long you supercruise. You can supercruise to the position of destination star (within few Ls) and the jump still takes the amount of fuel needed between those systems.

Last edited:
READ the thread, dolt!!!
<epic facepam>
This thing was succesfully resolved 3 years ago!
There are tourist beacons now in those systems.

Also: supercruising DOES NOT decrease the jump distance, no matter how long you supercruise. You can supercruise to the position of destination star (within few Ls) and the jump still takes the amount of fuel needed between those systems.

thanks for calling me a dolt, just found this forums and was enjoying it, that's stopped now...

You're welcome.
Sorry 'bout that, but people who don't bother to read even a few pages of a thread they're responding to are my pet peeve.

I didn't realise it wasn't new or went on for 55 pages. The very first post had a nov 14 date on it. Albeit 2016, I missed that. I was enjoying the read and thought it was all new. I guess I won't post in the exploration sub forum again, I've learned my lesson folks around here aren't friendly or welcoming.

Top Bottom