End of the Road

It's always delicious when someone is caught out lying.
How am I lying? I said that i didn't know the thread was old, I got confused by the dates, I didn't notice the year wasn't 2019. Check my posts I am almost exclusively in dangerous discussion and occasionally in the ships sub forum. Since the recent forum reorganisation I haven't bothered to look at the exploration sub forum as I'm not very interested in exploration. I've done some today and had fun, I was going to post about it here but decided not to after getting distracted by this thread and the subsequent warm welcome I've received by your good selves.

Jeezus people come on.

There is just no need to get so salty - nor is there a need to over re-act when someone is salty to you.

.......... as I'm not very interested in exploration. I've done some today and had fun, I was going to post about it here but decided not to after getting distracted by this thread and the subsequent warm welcome I've received by your good selves.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, this sub forum is normally almost as warm and cuddly as the Newcomer's one. Just let this one pass and do drop some words about your experiences in a new thread - I am sure you will find supportive, helpful and constructive responses.

Happened to find this thread early today, and was late at work because I just could not stop reading.
What an epic rescue, and tense and emotional story.

My deep respect to both CMDRs, well done guys. It's moments like this that make this game and its community so great, no matter if they happened years ago.

CMDR Macedonica's excellent writing was the cherry on the cake, gave me goose bumps. Glad this thread was pulled back up, would have missed something awesome otherwise. (y)

Agree with posted above. I propose a sticky and a link in the game's tutorial! This is one of the rare epic self-emergent stories, on par with great expeditions.
While not on a par with a "sticky" I have attempted to immortalise this (and a few other epic adventures) in the "Epic tales of derring-do" section of my Best of Forum thread which is in itself stickied under "Dangerous Discussion" (not that anyone would ever know that these days). The others are worth a read too (although this one is probably still the best).

While not on a par with a "sticky" I have attempted to immortalise this (and a few other epic adventures) in the "Epic tales of derring-do" section of my Best of Forum thread which is in itself stickied under "Dangerous Discussion" (not that anyone would ever know that these days). The others are worth a read too (although this one is probably still the best).
Is it possible to link to a specific location within a forum post? That would provide a good way to make the stories more accessible.

You can link to specific replies in a thread, but to my knowledge you can't link to specific paragraphs within a post. While technically feasible, it would require the forum to automatically add hash-links (anchors) at paragraph breaks, or else a means to add them via BBcode (which would require the post authors to be aware of it and use it).

It's the reason many of us keep on carrying mining lasers, even if we've never needed it. ;)
Never leave home without it!

Screenshot_2717.jpg

Top Bottom