PvP Enforcer - how to engineer for PvP ?

The title says it all - looking forward to get the Enforcers soon, how shall I engineer them, only viable for me seems Overcharged G5 or rapidfire G5, paper DPS is nearly the same, with RF having the advantage of more hits as long as on target. I also considered Longrange G5, damage is stock but shotspeed is extreme high so more hits per second ? Glad to hear your experience !

Hi, yes that's true, but crafting standard ammo should be fine or would that be too time consuming during a fight ?

Welcome to one of the two best small weapons in the game (other being rail gun, ofc).

Corrosive on the first, emissive on the second, autoloader on any others.

As to blueprint, I've used 'em all and they're all good. Very broadly, OC and RF are best against less skilled / larger enemies, efficient is good against the more skilled (more pips left) and long range is for if you want to fight the best, i.e. most evasive.

Basic synth in combat is easy unless you're in a big ship.

I'll be completely honest though: fixed multis/Enforcers will always be sub-optimal against a skilled PvP target unless they're in a big ship. Too much ToT required. Even with long range.

But don't let that put you off: I personally already have TEN fixed multis at 3.0 hard ceiling, lol. Optimal fun (... sometimes).

You should definitely have one corrosive for hull dmg buff (It does not stack), autoloader on the other (Will eat ammo quickly). Rest is up to you. I did lots of calculations at the time and this combo gives the most dps (vs hull). On my torpedo DBS (see my old video) I did not bother with emissive as I was mainly attacking large targets but if you mean to fight medium or small ships it is a good idea. Also as Truesilver said time on target with small or medium targets will be low so you need to take this into consideration before spending a lot of time engineering them.
[video=youtube_share;GyfAlUpM4KA]https://youtu.be/GyfAlUpM4KA[/video]

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for your replies ! Yes, side effects as corrosive and emissive are canon as far as I know, autloader should be brutal but to be effective I think it requires much ToT..... or at least TOO much ToT for ME as I am still practicing fixed weapons.

I was too busy having a blast in my Eagle with 3 rapid Enforcers!

BOMBOMBOMBOMBOMBOMBOMBOMBOMBOM

That's what I'm looking forward to most :D ! Will also test that in a set of 6 in an AspEx.

EDIT: tomorrow I'll be happy shopping I hope [yesnod] !

Hi, thanks for your replies ! Yes, side effects as corrosive and emissive are canon as far as I know, autloader should be brutal but to be effective I think it requires much ToT..... or at least TOO much ToT for ME as I am still practicing fixed weapons.

Broadly speaking, Autoloader halves the overall amount of reload downtime if fire is continuous, and completely eliminates downtime if fire is not continuous. It was buffed for 3.0 and it's good.

Incidentally nobody's yet mentioned one of the Enforcer's hidden gems: it has mini-force-shell, like rails. Not much but it can all help to put a fixed weapon user off their aim and it also can have an intimidation factor against more inexperienced targets.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: MJC
So, yesterday I decided to stock 18 enforcers (3 x 6 shopping runs in my AspEx) at my home base. As said, I went to Todd and crafted the enforcers to 3x OC autoloaders and 3x RF multiservos. Firegroups were established to 2x3 as modding criteria. I went to a HazRes, and well, what shall I say ? I never ever had that sick damage output as now, but I felt RF to be a bit better then OC: big advantage from RF over OC: less energy consumption (what allows more pips to sys or engine) and so to say “built in” autoloader, as reload times decrease to 1 second at highest crafting stage, so you can skip autoloader and choose other side effects as required (I chose multiservos for even higher fire rate). With that, of course, magazines are depleted in no time at all, but hey, no risk no fun isn’t it ? The paper damage (ED:shipyard) of both maxed out crafts does not differ very much, indeed nearly none - compared to a rigid medium multicannon this one would have to be crafted to RF grade “3,5” to achieve the same damage output (of course with a higher pierce rate). Compared to gimballed medium mutlicannons these would have to be crafted to OC full grade 5 to achieve similar damage output (!). I think one can state that this AspEx with that payload delivers the same damage as 6x medium gimballed multicannons (a medium multicannon, a medium multicannon, a medium multicannon, a medium multicannon, a medium multicannon, and a medium multicannon :D ) that are pimped to a maximum.

Last edited:
The paper damage (ED:shipyard) of both maxed out crafts does not differ very much, indeed nearly none - compared to a rigid medium multicannon this one would have to be crafted to RF grade “3,5” to achieve the same damage output (of course with a higher pierce rate). Compared to gimballed medium mutlicannons these would have to be crafted to OC full grade 5 to achieve similar damage output (!). I think one can state that this AspEx with that payload delivers the same damage as 6x medium gimballed multicannons (a medium multicannon, a medium multicannon, a medium multicannon, a medium multicannon, a medium multicannon, and a medium multicannon :D ) that are pimped to a maximum.

Hee hee...

I used a 6 x Enforcer AspX for occasional winged PvP in 1.5 (pre-engineering) ... high risk / high return as you say.

Later in 2.1, my old buddy and erstwhile reddit mod, respected PvP-er BreakfastMelon, made a 6 x Rapid Fire Enforcer AspX. However, this was in the earliest stages of RF and after it received a slight nerf he later re-specced to 6 x OC Enforcers.

Enjoy!

Love me some overcharged enforcer cannons. Click to see how to make them even better.

equip rails instead

Edit: Holy necro. How did I even get here lmao my bad.

The Replicated Man

T
The title says it all - looking forward to get the Enforcers soon, how shall I engineer them, only viable for me seems Overcharged G5 or rapidfire G5, paper DPS is nearly the same, with RF having the advantage of more hits as long as on target. I also considered Longrange G5, damage is stock but shotspeed is extreme high so more hits per second ? Glad to hear your experience !
Grade 5 Overcharged with Auto Loader :)
I run 3 of em on my chieftain

Apparently I commented on this thread a year ago... Nice to know my opinion hasn't changed! XD

Top Bottom