Engineer menu doesn't work correctly

Here's a tip to lose less time with this bug. The engineering menu seems to freeze but you can still check your other panels, so if you go to your right panel and select something like the engineers menu, and then press back, you don't have to return to the title screen.
Still extremely frustrating. They didn't even touch engineering in the update and now it's all broken. Get your act together FDev. The game has been less and less enjoyable since the april update because of all the bugs.

Here's a tip to lose less time with this bug. The engineering menu seems to freeze but you can still check your other panels, so if you go to your right panel and select something like the engineers menu, and then press back, you don't have to return to the title screen.
Still extremely frustrating. They didn't even touch engineering in the update and now it's all broken. Get your act together FDev. The game has been less and less enjoyable since the april update because of all the bugs.
Also thanks to you for the tip. And I never had a bug in the game until now. :)

Same issue here, I can learn about, gain access, fulfill inital contracts with engineers, but i can't upgrade anything because once you select the module to upgrade the window for upgrades doesn't appear and the game is more or less unresponsive (you can quit to menu or change the view to other panels)... I bought Horizons just yesterday mainly because of the engineer upgrades and now I am totally unable to utilize any of them because of this bug. I really hope they fix this ASAP.

Same issue here, I can learn about, gain access, fulfill inital contracts with engineers, but i can't upgrade anything because once you select the module to upgrade the window for upgrades doesn't appear and the game is more or less unresponsive (you can quit to menu or change the view to other panels)... I bought Horizons just yesterday mainly because of the engineer upgrades and now I am totally unable to utilize any of them because of this bug. I really hope they fix this ASAP.

Well, not a true fix but a bit of a workaround until its patched.

If you go to the engineers base, you can freely upgrade all your modules UNLESS you cursor over an upgrade that you are missing mats for. Have not yet tested this remote.

Does that make sense?

Say I am upgrading G5 MC at todds place. As long as I have ALL the mats required to do the upgrade, it wont soft lock.
If I don't have the mats necessary to roll, and select/mouse over the upgrade, then the screen will soft lock.

If it does soft lock, simply press your right panel button. Select engineers, then back out of the screen.

If you go to the engineers base, you can freely upgrade all your modules UNLESS you cursor over an upgrade that you are missing mats for. Have not yet tested this remote.

Does that make sense?

Say I am upgrading G5 MC at todds place. As long as I have ALL the mats required to do the upgrade, it wont soft lock.
If I don't have the mats necessary to roll, and select/mouse over the upgrade, then the screen will soft lock.

That may work, but I can't even get to the menu with different upgrade features and resource costs for each. I get a soft lock as soon as I press SELECT on any upgradeable module.

elite.png

So after I click SELECT like in the above picture the game goes into soft lock and I cant even see the menu with the material costs for different upgrades.

Well, not a true fix but a bit of a workaround until its patched.

Does that make sense?

If it does soft lock, simply press your right panel button. Select engineers, then back out of the screen.

Tested and works. Just make sure you have ALL the mats for the grades you need/want. clicking on one you dont have all the mats for soft locks the screen.

Last edited:
Have the same problems with Engineers, could only do to lvl 4 when doing lvl 5 it was not possible, all stop working. very annoying when go all the way with corvette to do all shield boosters

Também estou com o mesmo problema.
Após a atualização de setembro ocorreu um erro nos engenheiros. quando entro na oficina de algum engenheiro e seleciono um modulo para alterar, o jogo permanece na parte de seleção do módulo e o jogo não responde aos comandos. Um único modo de retornar os comandos do jogo é voltando para o menu inicial mas sempre que o retorno aos engenheiros ocorre o mesmo erro e é necessário reiniciar o jogo.

Same here, has anyone heard if there is a fix for this in the near future? I wonder if this latest September upgrade has thrown a spanner in the works and messed up the entire code... hopefully there will be a fix soon.

Why is this issue still unconfirmed on the list of bugs? It seems to be the most reported bug yet we still can't even up-vote the issue? Pretty disappointing to say the least!

And why am I not surprised that the bug is ignored. So typical for Frontier.
Folks, I am sure Frontier is doing what they can to address this. For as ambitious as this game is and as inexpensive as it is to play, I have to say, I am extremely impressed with how well they DO keep it up and running and upgraded. Lets all step back and be patient until they get it fixed. It has not been my experience that they outright ignore bugs or the trouble they cause the community. Some bugs are just harder to fix without introducing worse issues. What if the quick fix involved wiping everyone's already modded items? Think that would go over big even though it might be a more or less immediate fix? Not saying this is it, no idea. Just using it as an example. Lets be patient and thankful the company does as good a job as it does. It's not like they are Bethesda or anything. :)

Top Bottom