Engineering or Guardian Technology?

Greetings Commanders!

I just fully A-rated my Conda and, as the title suggests, I am wondering what I should go into first - engineering or Guardian technology? I don't mind some grinding. Which should I do first? Which requires more time? Which is most effective?

Sorry if this was posted before. Thanks ;)

Engineering is more effective and agile but requires a longer grind to unlock all engineers and keep up with the materials.

Guardian technology does not (yet) have all core modules available but it's a one time grind to unlock them all, then you can just pay for them to be fitted. They are not as highly powered as engineering can go and they don't have a choice on how the stats are modified from stock modules.

That. Also Guardian Powerplant and Distributor are roughly equivalent to G4 modules, with certain advantages and disadvantages.
If you want a quick solution and not spend materials, both are viable if you don't want to high end PvP.
I'm tempted to try the powerplant but the 0.5 heat efficient scares me off. There's no way to fix/modify that, right?

I'm tempted to try the powerplant but the 0.5 heat efficient scares me off. There's no way to fix/modify that, right?
Right. Depending on your loadout it can cause problems, but compared to an overcharged it has higher integrity, so it's a tradeoff.
I generally use it for high end PvE ships with high energy demands, like my mining T10 with a 7A prismatic.

The main benefit of the Guardian PP and PDist is simply that they're an "off the shelf" item you can bung in a ship while you're engineering other parts.
Chances are that a G5-engineered PP/PDist will be better and lighter overall.

Main thing is, if you're planning on unlocking the FSD Booster or other Guardian modules, it's worth considering unlocking the PP & PDist as well, just so you've got access to 'em if you need 'em.
I wouldn't go out of my way to fit 'em into a ship permanently though... except in Colonia.

The main benefit of the Guardian PP and PDist is simply that they're an "off the shelf" item you can bung in a ship while you're engineering other parts.
Chances are that a G5-engineered PP/PDist will be better and lighter overall.

Main thing is, if you're planning on unlocking the FSD Booster or other Guardian modules, it's worth considering unlocking the PP & PDist as well, just so you've got access to 'em if you need 'em.
I wouldn't go out of my way to fit 'em into a ship permanently though... except in Colonia.
Good tip. Colonia is locked for bigger A-rated items, except Guardian modules. So you can get them there at Jacques. Makes things easier to equip there.

Right. Depending on your loadout it can cause problems, but compared to an overcharged it has higher integrity, so it's a tradeoff.
I generally use it for high end PvE ships with high energy demands, like my mining T10 with a 7A prismatic.
I can see the benefit. It's like having an inventory of G4 powerplants, without taking up the inventory space or eng materials.

Guardian components are mostly for fighting Thargoids, with a few quality-of-life things like the FSD booster thrown.

Both the Guardian FSD booster and the Gauss cannon are some of the most useful for the above mentioned. They are also some of the least grindy to get, as they do not require any of the dreaded obelisk data.

Top Bottom