Enough with the posts about ship interiors

For me I could care less about ship interiors. I want to land in the Sol system on Earth with major cities that every Elite game since FE2 let us do. Why is it not possible in ED? Do I have to fire up an old DOS 6.22 Elite game version waiting for ED to make this happen? Eight years into ED and I cannot land in New York City or London?

cityscifi.jpg

Last edited:
For me I could care less about ship interiors. I want to land in the Sol system on Earth with major cities that every Elite game since FE2 let us do. Why is it not possible in ED? Do I have to fire up an old DOS 6.22 Elite game version waiting for ED to make this happen?

Also not part of the plan, presumably...

Look on the bright side, we got hangers. :)

For me I could care less about ship interiors. I want to land in the Sol system on Earth with major cities that every Elite game since FE2 let us do. Why is it not possible in ED? Do I have to fire up an old DOS 6.22 Elite game version waiting for ED to make this happen? Eight years into ED and I cannot land in New York City or London?

When / if they do, the cities would be restricted airspace that entering would cause you to be taken down (fade to black) instantly.
You would have to land at a designated port, in some barren part of the planet.
Then wait for an Apex shuttle, they run once on the hour, so bring a book.
Then after a 15 minute travel time, locked in a seat, you get to a small indoor settlement, with that lovely screenshot of yours as a backdrop only, you can't exit the settlement at all, just peek out of the window.

You sit down at the bar, to wonder what went wrong, but the damn bartender won't even serve you a beer!

You sit down at the bar, to wonder what went wrong, but the damn bartender won't even serve you a beer!
In Odyssey we cannot get a beer or a mixed drink from the bartender. It is a bartender! Well, maybe the Frontier Devs should take a look at that.

In Odyssey we cannot get a beer or a mixed drink from the bartender. It is a bartender! Well, maybe the Frontier Devs should take a look at that.
In other news, I hear JWE2 is due out this year...

9QeC30D.png

;)

But yeah, it be nice if we had more nice things that made contextual sense in the game. It does make me wonder what Frontier are doing and why they're doing it.

Drew had a good suggestion in one of his videos that maybe the bartender (along with serving drinks) could point you in the right direction toward meeting material traders and other NPCs, maybe some people in a back room and so on.

That'd be nice as well. I want all the nice things, including the things I already paid for that were part of the plan.

Cheers.

Drew had a good suggestion in one of his videos that maybe the bartender (along with serving drinks) could point you in the right direction toward meeting material traders and other NPCs, maybe some people in a back room and so on.

The fencing of our stuffz should have a separate and dedicated shop front and the bartender should be focused on dispensing information for the current system, ie pointing us towards things that are relevant for the current system such as BGS, trade, exploration etc, etc...It would have been a simple thing to do - just lookup current state of the system and activities and then mix it up with some narrative flavour text - and that's just the minimal viable stuff they could do, with a bit of thought and imagination there are endless possibilities.

Very, very rarely (ie extremely rarely) the bartender could also point us towards unique special missions based on things "they've heard", however the bartender should not be classed as primarily a mission giver - again, the focus should be on providing relevant information for the current system.

The whole role of the bartender thing is currently a little crazy and an incredible missed opportunity. The fact that they even have a drink icon associated with them and they don't serve drinks but instead fence stolen items just boggles my mind. Can Frontier please just contract someone like Drew and bring some lore sanity to the current state of the game.

I don't care about ship interiors, but then I didn't care about space legs either.
I will say it's kind of funny to have one and not the other.

[edit] Especially since I've been walking around the bridge in VR for a long time. The detail is there (at least for that much). Just kind of silly Fdev won't let everyone do that.

Last edited:
Ask and ye shall receive. Or at least, if fewer people ask, there's less chance of FDev bothering, and if more people ask, there's greater chance of FDev considering.

After the current issues are sorted out, my two most desired features are VR on-foot, and then ship interiors.
I think FDev will likely stick with the current aesthetic styles for each ship, and apply them throughout the interiors, which I would like, and which I think most players at worst would not have an issue with.

There's a lot of opportunity for new gameplay onboard ships, but even if no gameplay were to initially be included, I'd be content being able to walk around my ships in the meantime, if it meant FDev taking their time to get the gameplay right.

So, to my mind, the more threads on ship interiors the better, as it would demonstrate to Frontier that there is a significant and sustained interest among their player base in having this feature.

FDev should just make a poll like they did for the ship transfer timers to see if its a "must".

They cant make a statement like that and then proceed to ignore all the lobbying to get ship interiors.

They wont make a poll though because it will go the same way obsidian ant poll went and they will have to develope the ship interiors that was promised during the kickstarter.

Personally I've invested my time and money in EliteDangerous as my main game not for what it was but what it was promised to be. The same as you invest in equity not for what its value js now. But what its value will be in the future.

At this point. It's looking like alot of us may have bought the brooklyn bridge with Elite

So many want all the answers without why they may not like them.

The Elite games since 1984 were all about using our imaginations. Back then colleges promoted imaginations which is why we have some pretty amazing computers and it took David Braben over three decades to say OK the computer technology came up to speed to work on Elite Dangerous. But a major part of this is your imagination.

No Man's Sky. Probably one of the best walking around in your carrier ship but it is all eye candy having nothing to do with the game.

X4 Foundations. I played the X-games for many years. On the small ships a player can open a door and get into the cockpit. On the large ships a turbo lift transfers you from the cockpit to walking around in a station or other options to other ships you own. Welcome to a concourse in Elite Dangerous doing the same thing but simpler.

None of these games lets you walk around in your current ship. The point is that Elite Dangerous still uses imagination as to what your ship looks like versus a player having graphics which a player won't like. Why? Because we all have our version of what the ship should look like. The Devs are not going to go there.

So enjoy Horizons and Odyssey and have fun with them. Use your imagination as to what your ship interior looks like. With imagination it is perfect for every payer. I do this every night going to sleep after playing ED for hours.

Regards
Couldn't agree more. Ship interiors are not interesting. More importantly, on foot VR support with motion controllers is a MUST!!

Couldn't agree more. Ship interiors are not interesting. More importantly, on foot VR support with motion controllers is a MUST!!
Couldn't agree more. That thing I'm not interested in is boring. The thing I want implemented is a MUST!.

That's the problem with the circlejerk on the forum. For instance. Hoe many people actually play in VR... your answer will be "many! Including myself"... but objectively the ratio of VR players are the minority.

That's why the only deterministic way to determine the features that will pander to the majority and therefore draw the most revenue would be a Broadbased census of some sort.

I usually dont engage in the forums because its a dumpster fire of he who shouts the loudest with the more reserved majority just reading and moving on and thus not a true representarion of the playerbase

Last edited:
Say he is not interested in a feature, so it shouldn't happen. Immediately ask for a feature than only a fraction of people are interested in.

I respect VR player, and understand it's important to them, and I hope VR is added to Odyssey. Even though I don't actually care myself, since I don't own a VR thing. That's the difference between us I guess.

There's only one way to derail this train and that is "SHIP IINTERIORS"!

Try as frontier might they will NEVER BE BESTOWED PEACE UNTIL SHIP INTERIORS ARE A REALITY"......

there is now a curse afoot for choosing otherwise...o7 Fdev best wishes

Top Bottom