Entry fee for park and/or rides

I would like to have the possibility to either charge one fee for the park (and free rides), one fee per ride (and then no fee for the park) and third: a small park entrance fee and small ride fees.

In Europe most parks go by option 1 (only park fee), From what I understand some US parks go with option 2 (free park, pay per ryde). When in China however I always have to pay a small fee for the park and then an equally small fee per ride I want to enjoy.

At the same time, maybe the most popular rides/coasters could have higher prices (maybe automatically adjusted based on the current number of people waiting in line or the time of day/year).

This would, to me, be great to experiment with the financial management of the park.

IFrom what I understand some US parks go with option 2 (free park, pay per ryde).

Just about every park I have been to in the states is a pay for entrance fee. Carnivals or fairs usually go with free admission and there is only 1 park I know of that is open admission with tickets for rides. But the option for allowing both is probably going to happen.

At the same time, maybe the most popular rides/coasters could have higher prices (maybe automatically adjusted based on the current number of people waiting in line or the time of day/year).
This is a popular idea but I don't know how easy it would be to have the game work like that. Try searching around and you will see many threads discussing various reasons to the argument.

Most major parks here in the US do charge one fee for entry and then let you ride all the rides, with the exception of fairs and carnivals or some small boardwalk parks.

I think these games intentionally push the pay-per-ride model because of the immediacy of the accounting that way. It's so much clearer to the player where they can see the ride's upkeep cost right in line with the ride's intake, plus it allows a level of direct crowd control as well whereas one entrance fee requires much more nuanced park planning to avoid major crowding at the best attractions.

Last edited:
Most major parks here in the US do charge one fee for entry and then let you ride all the rides, with the exception of fairs and carnivals or some small boardwalk parks.

I think these games intentionally push the pay-per-ride model because of the immediacy of the accounting that way. It's so much clearer to the player where they can see the ride's upkeep cost right in line with the ride's intake, plus it allows a level of direct crowd control as well whereas one entrance fee requires much more nuanced park planning to avoid major crowding at the best attractions.

Knoebels is the USA's largest free admission park. You can buy ride tickets, Buy a ride all day pass, or just park come in for free and look around.

http://www.knoebels.com/

ParkMaps_0014.jpg

Knoebels is pretty great, but they're very much the exception, not the norm.

I know, but it's a pretty big exception.

There's also

Coney Island, NY
Family Kingdom, SC
Waldameer Park, PA
Indiana Beach Theme Park, IN
Belmont Park, CA
Pacific Park, CA
DelGrosso's Amusement Park, PA

They are still exceptions but they are viable exceptions. And justifies them to give us the choice on how we want to run our park sim.

There's also

Coney Island, NY
Family Kingdom, SC
Waldameer Park, PA
Indiana Beach Theme Park, IN
Belmont Park, CA
Pacific Park, CA
DelGrosso's Amusement Park, PA

The only one of those I've ever heard of is Coney Island. Fact is they are not the bigger parks (ie Six Flags, Disney, Universal, Cedar Point, Canadas Wonderland, MarineLand, Sea World, Busch Gardens, I could list so many more)

The only one of those I've ever heard of is Coney Island. Fact is they are not the bigger parks (ie Six Flags, Disney, Universal, Cedar Point, Canadas Wonderland, MarineLand, Sea World, Busch Gardens, I could list so many more)

Sure, that's why I said they are exceptions. But they are successful and regionally (not globally) well known. But sure if we are to only sim the super parks then sure take away the choice.

Sure, that's why I said they are exceptions. But they are successful and regionally (not globally) well known. But sure if we are to only sim the super parks then sure take away the choice.

I don't think anybody is advocating for taking away that choice, I think they're both great options and dramatically change the feel of your park. I'd like to see and play both. I think I'll try to lean towards paying for entry overall but that doesn't mean getting rid of paying for rides.

Last edited:
Top Bottom