Epic original Soundtrack needs your Epic Exploration Footage

Fellow commanders,

I've got authorized to use an awesome original score for an Elite machinima. Panu Aaltio (musician) allowed me to use one of his masterpieces ("Interstellar Travel"). Since then, I've being working on a musically paced exploration movie. Unfortunately, for the next couple months, I wont have enough time to play and capture more cool footage (but enough to edit the video). So, instead of giving up, I'm inviting you to join this project, a community based video, by contributing in-game footage. The music is 4 minutes long. I worked on a prototype of the video (the first couple of minutes, below), and it might change a lot depending on your contribution.

[video=youtube;k2E08qeyL4M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2E08qeyL4M&feature=youtu.be[/video]

If you wan't to help (and I would really really appreciate that), here are a couple of things to have in mind:

- 1920x1080 (Full HD) minimum resolution, 30+ fps
- High quality graphics settings preferred
- Exploring related footage
- Videos can contain more than one ship, stations, celestian bodies, travel scenes, closes, zooms, ship formations, stars, black holes, maps, route making...
- Prefer slow, elegant camera moves (check prototype video above)
- Exercise good taste, pre-select your footage
- Capture more than one shot per act (more than one angle/moment of your interaction with a given celestial body, landscape or other player)
- Your ship don't need to look like the one in the video. Any ship will do. Cool footage is what matters.

From now on, my part on this will be to select and edit the community uploaded footage. Please use your preferred file hosting server (dropbox, wetransfer...). You can also use my dropbox, just contact me via PM and I'll provide a folder for you. Not all uploaded videos will make to the final movie, but everybody who engaged the project, in any level, will be on the credits.

The name about what I call "the tenth art", videogames, and the overall mood of the film is strongly inspired by THIS video.

I really need your help. Would be a shame to waste the opportunity to use such nice music. If you now someone that could empower this project, please, have him know this topic.

Best Regards
Cmmdr Junaum

// Current list of Co-creators for this movie //

* Zieman
* Mossfoot
* Pete​

Last edited:
To get the ball rolling, here's one:

[video=youtube;208-nS9P6xw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=208-nS9P6xw[/video]

Awesome. Thanks for your support friends.

Zieman, that footage after 0:50' matches perfectly with another takes I have here. It might make up for some very interesting combination. Downloading.

By the way, the starting Starport shots aren't very appealing by now. It would be great if someone made some hangar shots when taking of the elevator (that would probably require a second ship to film it from some interesting angles).

You're welcome to any of my footage...I'll dig out something at some point this weekend.

If there's any footage from my channel that you particularly like, then let me know and I'll give it to you with the small "CMDR Pete" mark removed.
https://www.youtube.com/c/CMDRPete

-- Pete.

Does anybody have (or is willing to make) some quality Sag A* shots? I believe that would be pretty cool to feature and I actually plan to visit it in the future (but can't because all the boring aspects of life right now)

I'll be slowly working on this for the next 20 days Katejina. It would be great to have some of your sights!

Does anybody have (or is willing to make) some quality Sag A* shots? I believe that would be pretty cool to feature and I actually plan to visit it in the future (but can't because all the boring aspects of life right now)

Check your messages ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom