Erm, where's the Rename Ship option gone?

I'm not impressed, I have tried both my accounts now and no luck in renaming...
I am assuming it is a glitch because I can't find a way anywhere else either, to rename a ship and after I noticed this thread the other day, I have since bought 4 more ships, renamed 2 no problem, didn't bother with the other 2.
And as far as I can tell, this is the only thread talking about this...no game update that I noticed...lets hope it fixes itself after tonights PP Maintnenance.

I have also powered off my computer, restarted, verified files....still unable to bring it up in Livery...have also tried all the stupid little buttons in the livery...
A little perturbed...I happen to have almost 300 ships in one account and over 100 in the other...makes it a tad difficult to tell some apart from others if you can't rename them...

I'm also having the same issue. I looked at different ships, Different locations, Even logging out and back in, Signing out of the launcher and even checking my 2nd account. All the same. I'm playing on the and it doesn't matter whether I load Horizon or not. Same issue.

I did the same steps as GreatTaz above and same results. Ship name and name plates are not appearing for me no matter what I do.

Look on the bright side. The game prevented you from unceremoniously christening your faithful Anaconda.

Same issue here, can't change the name of my ships, relog/restart didn't help. I guess naming my Cutter "Rex Dil-do" wasn't such a bright idea, Arissa is quite angry. I hope the paparazzi won't notice our discreet Loveboat.

Last edited:
well over 50 are used and engineered....many of the others....well originally I used some as bookmarks, before we had bookmarks...
then eventually after that was fixed(but still very restrictive), storage was/is always a problem, so I have and still do use many as storage for engineered modules as well as many spare parts from PP rewards and simply having things handy...so I try to always have at least 20 empty spaces in storage
I prefer building new ships rather than constantly swapping modules for different purpose ships..and I really don't like the idea of selling an engineered module, no matter how little use I may now have for it.
gotta store all those PP weapons and shields somewhere
for me, storage would need to be up in the thousands to be useful, even better would be if it was sortable and if you could name some items like the fighter bays(only way to see what fighters are in the bays is to transfer to a ship, so I put them in ships and name the ship according to the fighters, used to do the same for armor).......so storing things on ships that can be named appropriately is far easier

Thanks, makes sense :)
As the owner of just 10 ships and about 80 stored modules it hadn't occurred to me to need quite that much storage 😲

jTBmvfd.jpg

(even my acct somehow 'lost' nameplates since last I used this ship - something is afoot 🤔 )

Greeting Commanders,

We've notified the team about this issue, who are now in the process of resolving it.

We expect this to be fixed later today and will let you know when we have more details.

If you have any additional problems, please let me know.

Thank you!
proof, if any were needed, that all you need to get an issue resolved is a CM4 meme ;) No wonder they don't want this power spread to the whole community :ROFLMAO:

proof, if any were needed, that all you need to get an issue resolved is a CM4 meme ;) No wonder they don't want this power spread to the whole community :ROFLMAO:
☝That, and the fact that paparazzi are blocking the entrance do my dock at Cooper Hub in Kamadhenu, hoping to get a scoop. it's turning into quite The Gathering. Luckily, the Lady already escaped in a pod

Thanks @Stephen Benedetti :)

I'm not very inventive with ship names, but I still welcome the rename ability. My Anaconda being stuck as "PassengerConda" when I've changed the loadout irks me lol. Thankfully, my DBX "Mr. Jumpy" (guess what it's good at? lol) and my Corvette "Federal Courgette" (that amuses me immensely for some reason) are still good. I admit that some of my lesser used ships still have gasp the default name.

Scoob.

Top Bottom