Horizons Escape pods and future potential

Most of us agree that missions aren't as good as they can be. I agree with a lot of talk around needing more meaningful content. Finding escape pods really have a lot of wasted potential for missions, rewards, and story. When you find an escape pod in space or on a planet it should give you some info about its origin system. This leads to some back story and gives you some context. This also lets you check the population and wealth of the target system. The person's wealth and story can be tied to the systems wealth, faction, government etc. Rather than just a credit reward after returning the person home they become a permanent contact at that station. The rescued person at that station could reward you based on their status, wealth and personality. A few reward ideas:

Increase the % profit you sell at that port.
Give you a major faction boost.
Be a new black market contact paying a higher percentage.
A permanent contact for missions.
Give you a large amount of credits.
Give you rare materials.
Give you a crafting schematic (guessing the future)
Cheaper outfitting.
Cheaper shipyard
Free repairs or fuel at that port.
Offers to become a wingman
Chain into a larger mission story

On top of that a person you save should have a personality type, wealth, status, profession etc.
We need more than just chaining missions and gameplay mechanics. We need meaningful rewards that are more than just credits. We need rewards that make me care about a certain system, person etc. We need some permanence in the game, having people I saved in systems would make me feel more contacted. It would also make my actions feel more meaningful.

Just an idea :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom