Ethics in a Literal Video Game

What rules do you hold yourself to in Elite Dangerous?

I'll start:
  • No trade in majority-illegal commodities like narcotics, slaves, etc. (stuff like animal meat or liquor is fair game)
  • No assault on Clean ships
  • Answer all detected distress calls to the best of your ability
  • Always donate to factions in Outbreak or Famine, regardless of their own ethical status
  • Don't be a jerk

'None' isn't an acceptable answer, because the Universal Rule is 'do what I find fun'.

I'll start:
  • No trade in majority-illegal commodities like narcotics, slaves, etc. (stuff like animal meat or liquor is fair game)
  • Always donate to factions in Outbreak or Famine, regardless of their own ethical status
  • Don't be a jerk
'None' isn't an acceptable answer, because the Universal Rule is 'do what I find fun'.
I've traded drugs and weapons, killed clean ships, ignored distress calls, donated to anyone in any state and been a jerk.

I'll start:
  • Don't be a jerk
I've never had a slave on board as cargo but I will deal drugs till the cows come home

I traffic in empire slaves, but not plain old slaves. Dicey at best, I'm sure.

I have killed a few clean ships that were assassination targets. As you are well aware, clean is a matter of perspective--what is clean in the Empire is not necessarily clean in Fed Space, etc. These few that I killed were clean in their respective systems but had rap sheets longer than my arm.

I have killed a number of bounty hunters that came after me as a result of those "clean" hits. Those ships were truly clean, but they fired first.

Don't get me started about the short time I did power play. Suffice to say it was rather violent.

All of this I blame on the game. I'll note that I've yet to kill anyone in American Truck Simulator, despite my best efforts, so it can be done.

Top Bottom