Ethics in a Literal Video Game

My major rule is I tend not to bother npcs, but "what do you have in your hold" is "kill me immediately" in my language. I once took down two vipers in an unarmed T6. They scanned me right after I took off from an engineer hold on planet and I rammed them both into the ground. That's what I have in my hold, m--- f--.

My major rule is I tend not to bother npcs, but "what do you have in your hold" is "kill me immediately" in my language. I once took down two vipers in an unarmed T6. They scanned me right after I took off from an engineer hold on planet and I rammed them both into the ground. That's what I have in my hold, m--- f--.
"What do you have in your hold?"
"The corpses of your friends, care to join them?"

"My children will go hungry tonight."
"And be orphans in the morning."

"I've come a long way for what you're carrying."
"You could have bought ammo at the last station., but here, have some of mine."

In real life I’m a goody two-shoes. In games usually, I’ll slit your throat and steal you blind if I think I can get away with it.

In this game I’ve tried to stick to just smuggling illegal salvage but toying with the notion of NPC piracy.

In real life I’m a goody two-shoes. In games usually, I’ll slit your throat and steal you blind if I think I can get away with it.

In this game I’ve tried to stick to just smuggling illegal salvage but toying with the notion of NPC piracy.
In real life... hmm... I'm chaotic, unpredictable, largely anti-social, carry a firearm, and like John Wayne brand toilet paper, I don't take crap off anyone.

Well, at first I thought you were serious and I wrote something far different, then realized you were joking and modified my thoughts (considerably).
If I was being serious, I think I'd need to take a cold shower and reflect long and hard on my life to be honest.

Although I do think there's a correlation between how people act in video games and how people act in real life, it's definitely not 'bad in game = bad IRL'.
Rather, I think the way someone plays a game reflects on what they're like as a person, obvious as it may be. I'm a fairly lazy person, so I play games in a lazy way. Likewise, my big brother is really, really competitive, and he obsessively chases achievements. For some reason all the boys in class (with about two exceptions) like playing League of Legends and Rainbow Six Siege, and they act like braindead idiots, so I imagine there's a correlation there too.
Basically, there probably IS also a correlation between how you feel about things IRL and how you instinctively act in a video game, but it's definitely not an indicator of who you are as a person.

Top Bottom