Ethics in a Literal Video Game

I can sometimes be a bit grey area, but generally I try not to do crimes, or at least nothing major. This has meant there are engineers that I can't unlock, but such is the price of role play.
I think the only ones that affects is the Dweller (who'll accept you giving, like, liquor to a theocracy) and Etienne Dorn (who is a literal slave trader), right?

I think the only ones that affects is the Dweller (who'll accept you giving, like, liquor to a theocracy) and Etienne Dorn (who is a literal slave trader), right?
One of them wants explosives too, can't remember which... But yeah, I think most stuff can be got from other engineers these days... I don't really do much with it tbh.

As a player, I:

• Won't do things I recognize as cheats (generally a broader definition than Frontier's).
  • Try to avoid abusing mechanisms that accentuate what I consider to be flaws in the game's persistence (things like relogging/reinstancing/mode switching to refresh spawns or areas).
  • Stick to Open if at all possible, regardless of the activities my CMDR is engaged in, normally only utilizing the other modes to work around technical issues.
  • Resort to third-party information sources only as a last resort.
  • Don't bring personal/OOC baggage into the game and try to respect other players.
  • Never block anyone and accept most (though not all) friend requests, in order to facilitate better instancing.

The CMDR I play:

• Refuses to participate in activities that harm a handful of minor factions he has sentimental attachments to.
  • Believes that if they've got themselves stuffed into a can, they've abdicated their personhood, and are now commodities.
  • Doesn't judge other CMDRs for their choice of employment or ideas of fun, but will absolutely terminate perceived threats to his freedom of movement or action, with extreme prejudice.
  • Does not feel any particular need to explain himself to anyone.
  • Is probably not going to accept requests to '1v1 me bro' from those in combat FDLs while he's in an exploration Courier.

One of them wants explosives too, can't remember which... But yeah, I think most stuff can be got from other engineers these days... I don't really do much with it tbh.
Oh, Liz Ryder wants landmines, which were a bit of a grey area for me. IIRC she says they're for research purposes, and it's not like our ships can't carry literal air-to-ground biological weapons (i.e. caustic missiles).

As a player, I:

• Won't do things I recognize as cheats (generally a broader definition than Frontier's).
  • Try to avoid abusing mechanisms that accentuate what I consider to be flaws in the game's persistence (things like relogging/reinstancing/mode switching to refresh spawns or areas).
  • Stick to Open if at all possible, regardless of the activities my CMDR is engaged in, normally only utilizing the other modes to work around technical issues.
  • Resort to third-party information sources only as a last resort.
  • Don't bring personal/OOC baggage into the game and try to respect other players.
  • Never block anyone and accept most (though not all) friend requests, in order to facilitate better instancing.
The CMDR I play:

• Refuses to participate in activities that harm a handful of minor factions he has sentimental attachments to.
  • Believes that if they've got themselves stuffed into a can, they've abdicated their personhood, and are now commodities.
  • Doesn't judge other CMDRs for their choice of employment or ideas of fun, but will absolutely terminate perceived threats to his freedom of movement or action, with extreme prejudice.
  • Does not feel any particular need to explain himself to anyone.
  • Is probably not going to accept requests to '1v1 me bro' from those in combat FDLs while he's in an exploration Courier.

Nicely put, and what I was thinking when I posted the thread, but unfortunately you just admitted to being a slave trader in real life. Checkmate, criminal.

I have shot so many space ambulances. Engineers made me do it.
I prefer things that are, in practise, very disrespectful - namely, rolling all over what is basically the mass grave of hundreds of miners killed in a corporate experiment (Dav's Hope) and rolling around the crash site of a tragic icon, downloading data from his last words (Jameson's Crash Site).

Top Bottom