Euro Truck Simulator is awesome!

• Thread starter Deleted member 110222
  • Start date
Ya call that a helicopter? This is a helicopter!
20181111232409-1.jpg

Seriously though, a nice load either way. Light, and pays well. Just try not to bend it.

ETS2 updated again. New MAN euro 6 truck, looks good. Graphics seem better too.
This update doesn't work with the current promods though, plus some other mods.
:)

Goose4291

Banned
ETS2 updated again. New MAN euro 6 truck, looks good. Graphics seem better too.
This update doesn't work with the current promods though, plus some other mods.
:)

Any screenies? My ingame company is using purely MAN trucks, so new ones might be a welcome addition to the fleet.

How many of you folks play ETS as is? And how many plough on the Promod mods?

I like the idea of the promods, but having to keep updating them over and over is a bit of a pain when you simply want to load up a play...

Last edited:
How many of you folks play ETS as is? And how many plough on the Promod mods?

I like the idea of the promods, but having to keep updating them over and over is a bit of a pain when you simply want to load up a play...

I play ETS and ATS pretty much mod free right now (apart from few truck paint jobs) as same as you I dont want my save game to be broken every each update. I did try the ProMods but game is absolutely great for me as it is.

Last edited:
I stopped with Promods when I started doing more of the external contracts. Too often the ports/trains/parking areas were unusable.

I play ETS and ATS pretty much mod free right now (apart from few truck paint jobs) as same as you I dont want my save game to be broken every each update. I did try the ProMods but game is absolutely great for me as it is.

I think I may revert to the virgin game too... If only because of the hassle of updating over and over etc... If it did it automatically that would be fine...

Only mod I'm using is the Frosty Winter Weather mod. The occasional updating is worth it for the gorgeous snowy landscape. Vanilla maps though.

I have ETS and ATS, with all the add-ons but never used mods on them.
Great games and they both run really well on my MSI GS63VR 6RF laptop

How many of you folks play ETS as is? And how many plough on the Promod mods? I like the idea of the promods, but having to keep updating them over and over is a bit of a pain when you simply want to load up a play...
I only run a few basic mods at the moment. I stopped with Promods because of the reason you mentioned - it was a pain to keep updating. As I play solely in the VR branch, I find a some of the mods cause a little glitching in game, so I keep it close to vanilla. I think that I'm only running a realistic-trucks mod (real company names on the sides of trucks and buildings,) a realistic gas station mod (same again, gas stations replaced with real-life company gas stations in brand an appearance) and one that gives me more junk to litter the inside of my cabs with (SiSL mega pack, 3 or 400 cabin items)...

Yeah, I also tried modding it at the start but got bored of constant updates and for the last year or more I'm playing completely vanilla.

Last edited:
Yeah, I also tried modding it at the start but got bored of constant updates and for the last year or more I'm playing completely vanilla.

It is hard keeping up with the updates. I use Promods, Rusmaps & Southern mods along with trailer packs and Jazzy Cat NPC vehicle packs and every there's a ETS update, I have to wait till they are updated. Been playing on a rollback version from last Sept so I don't have to worry about the game breaking because of a new update when I want to play it...

I'm using TSM for 1.34 at the moment.. Not sure why, its around half the size it used to be :/
The new promods is out, I may give it a go, I buy each one, well pay the DL (0.80p'ish), helps out I suppose. I don't always use them, but they do a great job, as do most of the modders.

Steam sale applies to Eurotruck at the moment. I'm only missing the Baltic map at the moment so gonna grab that for some Suomi style driving. £8 by using the map booster pack.

Haven't played in ages though. Not since I dismantled my wheel to see how the feedback mechanism worked for a simulator project.
I found the game useful - driving a UK spec truck about gave me a feel for how Europe works from the 'wrong' side which came handy for the few times now I've had to go to the south of Germany lugging a two-tonne trailer.
All I can say is, Belgium in the game sure isn't as tedious as driving the Wallonie autoroute in real life. Game's missing the Rouler tranquille billboards with the dog wearing sunglasses though.

I haven't grabbed the forestry machinery yet, but I have been really digging the look of ATS lately

I recently decided to start buying my own trailers in ETS2... there's a money sink I didn't need! Do you guys prefer to use your own trailers, or just take job trailers?

Finally got ATS after having ETS2 for years (Promods, Rusmaps, Southern Region). Spent quite awhile updating all the mods for ETS2 (not the most recent Promods though that just came out), but at least got up to date with all the tweaks with the discontinuation of RusMaps from over a year back.

ATS is great and love the scenery. Being through a lot of Eastern Europe and mos the areas in ATS in real life, I can saw they really nailed a lot of the things. Plus Steam Sale got ATS with New Mexico package and a few extras and then Oregon for $16.99 US. Going to wait on Washington for later on.

The main thing with ATS is Promods stated they won't do anything with the current areas and will just add on to the Canada section from last I read. It'll make it easier than ETS2 for me in keeping up with all the zillions of updates everyone has to do every time there's a new version out.

One of the biggest things I noticed in ATS compared to ETS2 is that ATS just seems quicker to get around and from place to place than ETS2 (with the mods I use) making it something I can easily do in a shorter time frame...

Top Bottom