European Pack Wishlist

What animals would you like to see in a European pack?

Since I am from the north of Europe I will probably wish for more of those animals, but would also be cool with animals from the medditerranean area because I am not so familiar with those so please recommend some. I really really want a Europe pack! But until then, I will just make a wish list.

-Wolwrerine
-Lynx
  • Arctic fox
  • Red fox
  • Moose
  • Red deer
  • Badger
  • Ermine/weasel/mink
  • Red squirrel
  • Beaver (that can build, like in zoo tyccon 2)
  • Raccoon dog
  • Mole
  • Crested porcupine

For terrarium
- European viper

I kind of like those animals that not many think of when thinking of a zoo. Such as the red fox, not an unusual breed, but often not found in a zoo.

Looking forward to see your suggestions!

Hi, welcome to the forum! :D
I'm from Europe too and like us there are a lot of people that are hoping for an European pack.
I'm from the Mediterranean area, so i think i can add some species to the list:
  • Alpine Ibex
  • Chamois
  • Wild Boar
  • Fallow Deer
  • Roe Deer
  • Mediterranean Monk Seal
  • Marsican Brown Bear
  • Italian Wolf
  • Loggerhead Turtle
  • Marmot
And so on. Even if they are not so popular like African or South American animals i really hope that Frontier will release an European Pack (Animal pack please 🙇‍♂️) and do justice to our beautiful fauna, that is non existent in the game right now.

Although I'd like to have an alpine theme, I would prefer to have a Europe animal pack:

1 Iberian lynx
2 Red deer
3 Alpine ibex
4 Eurasian beaver
5 European badger
6 Wolverine
7 Red fox
8 Fire salamander

Even more, I can also think of Europe animal pack 2 (I feel optimistic today haha)

1 Fallow deer
2 Wild boar
3 Arctic fox
4 Alpine marmot
5 Eurasian otter
6 Mute swan
7 Eurasian lynx
8 Greek or Hermann's tortoise

I still have some other animals left, like the pine marten, the European mink, the barbary macaque and the chamois.

To be honest I would be happy with a regular pack with Bavarian/Alpine theme or an animal pack. More animals are always welcome though. :D

Regular 4 + 1 pack (and considering the moose would be included in a North American pack):
  • European lynx (or Iberian lynx, but the European is more common)
  • Alpine ibex
  • red deer or fallow deer
  • wolverine or Arctic fox
  • exhibit: fire salamander

Animal 7+1 pack:
  • European lynx
  • Alpine ibex
  • Barbary macaque (endangered and they also fit to the North African building set)
  • beaver or otter
  • moose (if not in a NA pack) or mute swan

If a Europe pack was a standard 4+1 pack with a building theme, I would hope that the building theme is a prehistoric one. This is a theme that has been used by zoos across Europe and could include representations of prehistoric cave art depicting species completely extinct (such as woolly mammoths and rhinos), species lost to Europe (such as spotted hyenas and lions) and familiar native species (including reindeer, grey seals, wolves, lynx and ibex) - the picture below is from Schmiding Zoo in Austria.

It could also include mock-up skeletons and models of some extinct Ice Age species (the picture below shows an example of a woolly rhino statue used to theme a European section of Gaiazoo in the Netherlands) or examples of Ice Age sculptures such as the Hohlenstein-Stadel lion man.

As for the animals, my top choices would be the Iberian lynx, the Alpine ibex, the Dalmatian pelican and something small such as a red squirrel, with an exhibit animal being either the Mallorcan midwife toad, the fire salamander (in a new temperate exhibit) or the olm (in a new cave exhibit). For an animal pack, species such as the fallow deer, European badger, wolverine, golden jackal or perhaps even one of the eider ducks - either the European or king eider - which would add another cold-tolerant diving species.

For a European DLC 4+1, I'd go for Bavarian + prehistoric theme (I like the idea above)
  1. Red deer (flagship animal)
  2. Lynx (either Iberian or Eurasian)
  3. Alpine ibex
  4. Red fox / European badger
  5. Fire salamander

If we get an animal pack 7+1 (which I don't think will happen for a region with such iconic building styles as Europe)
  3. Alpine ibex
  4. Red fox
  5. European badger
  6. Eurasian river otter
  7. Alpine marmot
  8. Fire salamander
I think moose are typical European animals as well, but I'd allocate them to a North American DLC.

I think the red deer, Alpine ibex, and either one of the two lynx species are non-negotiable for a European DLC. I personally love foxes and badgers, so I put them in the number 4 spot. The river otter and marmot are two iconic and versatile European species as well, offering an animal for small space requirements (marmot) and the playful river otter that is (in my opinion) far more attractive than the giant otter :p

I previously had the European adder as my exhibit animal, but we already have lots of snakes so I went with the beautiful fire salamander instead. Do we have a salamander in game yet? I don't think so.

Hi, welcome to the forum! :D
I'm from Europe too and like us there are a lot of people that are hoping for an European pack.
I'm from the Mediterranean area, so i think i can add some species to the list:
  • Alpine Ibex
  • Chamois
  • Wild Boar
  • Fallow Deer
  • Roe Deer
  • Mediterranean Monk Seal
  • Marsican Brown Bear
  • Italian Wolf
  • Loggerhead Turtle
  • Marmot
And so on. Even if they are not so popular like African or South American animals i really hope that Frontier will release an European Pack (Animal pack please 🙇‍♂️) and do justice to our beautiful fauna, that is non existent in the game right now.
Thank you! Been reading in the forum for a while, so it was time I signed up myself :D Looked up all the animals, had actually not heard about most of them, so cool choices! Some Mediterranean area species should really be included. Would be nice to have turtle in the game, since now there are only tortoises.

• Lynx
  • Red Fox
  • Red Deer
  • European Badger
  • Wolverine
  • Beaver
  • Moose

Any of these would make me happy though I would not mind if the last 3 were included in NA pack.
I have seen many people wanting wolwerine, lynx and moose, so I think those will be added someday! (hope so!) But yeah moose I could see coming in the NA pack.

If a Europe pack was a standard 4+1 pack with a building theme, I would hope that the building theme is a prehistoric one. This is a theme that has been used by zoos across Europe and could include representations of prehistoric cave art depicting species completely extinct (such as woolly mammoths and rhinos), species lost to Europe (such as spotted hyenas and lions) and familiar native species (including reindeer, grey seals, wolves, lynx and ibex) - the picture below is from Schmiding Zoo in Austria.

It could also include mock-up skeletons and models of some extinct Ice Age species (the picture below shows an example of a woolly rhino statue used to theme a European section of Gaiazoo in the Netherlands) or examples of Ice Age sculptures such as the Hohlenstein-Stadel lion man.

As for the animals, my top choices would be the Iberian lynx, the Alpine ibex, the Dalmatian pelican and something small such as a red squirrel, with an exhibit animal being either the Mallorcan midwife toad, the fire salamander (in a new temperate exhibit) or the olm (in a new cave exhibit). For an animal pack, species such as the fallow deer, European badger, wolverine, golden jackal or perhaps even one of the eider ducks - either the European or king eider - which would add another cold-tolerant diving species.
Wow! Some really cool species there! And such a great idea with a prehistroic theme! That would be really cool! They do have a dodo sculpture so a prehistoric theme seems possible!

For a European DLC 4+1, I'd go for Bavarian + prehistoric theme (I like the idea above)
  3. Alpine ibex
  4. Red fox / European badger
  5. Fire salamander

If we get an animal pack 7+1 (which I don't think will happen for a region with such iconic building styles as Europe)
  3. Alpine ibex
  4. Red fox
  5. European badger
  6. Eurasian river otter
  7. Alpine marmot
  8. Fire salamander
I think moose are typical European animals as well, but I'd allocate them to a North American DLC.

I think the red deer, Alpine ibex, and either one of the two lynx species are non-negotiable for a European DLC. I personally love foxes and badgers, so I put them in the number 4 spot. The river otter and marmot are two iconic and versatile European species as well, offering an animal for small space requirements (marmot) and the playful river otter that is (in my opinion) far more attractive than the giant otter :p

I previously had the European adder as my exhibit animal, but we already have lots of snakes so I went with the beautiful fire salamander instead. Do we have a salamander in game yet? I don't think so.
No salamanders in the game yet! The fire salamander was very cool looking! Would look great in a exhibit. I have also seen suggestions of a slow worm, which I think also could be nice. We have a lot of them where i come from, saw one just some weeks ago. They are a legless lizard, kinda looks like a snake, but don't be fooled, it is indeed a lizard! I have also thought it could be nice to have some butterflies in the exhibits, but maybe that would be hard due to the mechanics of exhibit animals.

To be honest I would be happy with a regular pack with Bavarian/Alpine theme or an animal pack. More animals are always welcome though. :D

Regular 4 + 1 pack (and considering the moose would be included in a North American pack):
  • Alpine ibex

Animal 7+1 pack:
  • European lynx
  • Alpine ibex
  • Barbary macaque (endangered and they also fit to the North African building set)
  • beaver or otter
  • To be honest I would be happy with a regular pack with Bavarian/Alpine theme or an animal pack. More animals are always welcome though. :D

• Alpine ibex

Animal 7+1 pack:
    • European lynx
    • Alpine ibex
    • beaver or otter
    The barbary macaque is a good choice! I keep forgetting that there are monkeys in Europe. That would also a good choice because then we can see how diverse European wildlife is with arctic foxes in the north and monkeys in the south, for example.

My top 2 are the Alpine Ibex and the European Badger, but I think the 2 big wants for most are the Alpine Ibex and either the Eurasian or Iberian Lynx. So I'd go with those three. Round it out with either the Red Deer or Wild Boar.

If they were to leave out the Wolverine or Moose from the North American pack to plan to put them in this pack, that would work as well. I don't really see it happening with the Moose, but the Wolverine is a possibility.

Additional edit, the ideas for a Eurasian Beaver or Otter work as as well.

Also noting the Crested Porcupine is in Italy.

Thank you! Been reading in the forum for a while, so it was time I signed up myself :D Looked up all the animals, had actually not heard about most of them, so cool choices! Some Mediterranean area species should really be included. Would be nice to have turtle in the game, since now there are only tortoises.

I agree with you completely why is there so few Mediterranean species in the game?? 😅 We definitely need more.

The biggest joke about everyone suggesting that europe does not have enough animals for a pack is, that they seem to have lost the ability to count.
For a normal pack you need 4 habitat animals, and as the pack for a country pack proves its not hard to find 4 cool animals for every country, you just need to actually look what lives there.
But hey bless the ignorant or something

Top Bottom