General / Off-Topic Eurovision 2019. An unexpected entry?

Posting this before the voting has ended and results announced ....

Now I've seen all the acts, I think it's between Norway, Switzerland and Australia with Denmark and The Netherlands strong contenders. Outside Chance is Iceland .... UK will come last.

I voted for Australia. It took 3 attempts to get through so I’m pretty sure they get the top UK vote. The irony of them winning would be delightful.

Last edited:
I still don't get why they are anouncing Jury vote, instead of viewers votes like they used to.
Trying to make Jury votes more important than viewers?

They are trying to stop the block voting. It hasn’t worked now the jury’s are doing it instead.

Australia is a little annoying since they don’t seem to get how this actually works. We block vote them but they don’t do it back. Not that it matters, them winning is far more fun a prospect 🤗😁🤣

Last edited:
Posting this before the voting has ended and results announced ....

Now I've seen all the acts, I think it's between Norway, Switzerland and Australia with Denmark and The Netherlands strong contenders. Outside Chance is Iceland .... UK will come last.
Called it. UK is last. Even Germany getting 0 public points beat us.

OMG Germany 0 Points from Televotes? And UK is last? I guess you can't buy your way to the finals afterall.
And Iceland with Palestine Flag :love::eek:

We always come last or near last. The big 5 are normally at the bottom. We just pay for it. It’s a popularity contest not a song contest.

I didn't like the way they did Televotes counting. That was just cruel...(n)
They did it wrong this year, maybe it's up to the organisers, I don't know. I don't think anyone else has noticed yet.

If you are not sure what I mean, this is how they did the public votes last year:
Points revealed in order from least points given to most.

This year: Countries in reverse order after the jury votes.

It’s excelled itself this year. There is no way the U.K. entry was the worst in that competition by any measure.

I’m not gonna bother watching it next year and hopefully we will pull our funding.

It’s excelled itself this year. There is no way the U.K. entry was the worst in that competition by any measure.

I’m not gonna bother watching it next year and hopefully we will pull our funding.
You're right .... Iceland's was worse, but I was noticing how the crowd in the arena was reacting, and Michael got zero reaction.

Top Bottom