Evacuation Proclamation!

The Thargoids are coming, everyone is panicking! I on the other hand will blast off to Colonia. As the old saying goes: "I don't have to outrun them, I just have to outrun you!"

Sol, Galileo Orbital departure at 18:03:27
x5ZBf5D.jpg
Colonia system entry at 19:51:54. Time from departure = 1hr 47min 27sec
SN2KMqK.jpg
Jacques station docking at 19:55:42. Time from departure = 1hr 52min 15sec
CMFkPFV.jpg

When they come, I think I will be ready. I also have 3 multicrew tickets available, let the bidding war commence :D
And yes I do believe this time is a new record not that I know of a proper race time list between Sol and Colonia...

Video:
[video=youtube_share;DDbWf4bvWZ8]https://youtu.be/DDbWf4bvWZ8[/video]

Stats:
Note: Items marked * use the time to Colonia System entry

Distance travelled: 22,000.47Ly
Jumps made: 107
Neutron star boosts: 93
FSD grade 3 boosts: 13
FSD repair stops: 3

Time to Colonia: 1.79 hours OR 107.54 minutes OR 6447 seconds
Time to Jaques: 1.87 hours OR 112.25 minutes OR 6735 seconds

Average distance per jump: 205.61Ly/jump
*Average time per jump: 60.25 sec/jump

*Average jumps per hour: 59.77 J/hr
*Average distance per hour: 12,290Ly/hr

With a few route optimisations I can maybe shave off 1 or 2 jumps tops saving 2 minutes. Without the 3 missed neutron boosts and 9 minor errors I can probably take another 2 minutes off. Probably not worth it.
Goes nicely alongside the 2hrs 19min from Sol->Sag A* and the 6hrs 35min from Sol -> Beagle Point.

Last edited:
OMG, i must learn to use the neutron boosts. quickest i have done it was in 7,5 hours LOL. Worst was 15,6 hours in my cutter. And i've been there 3 times already.
amazing! +rep

Last edited:
it does beg the question where they will invade from. I mean if all the work that was put into Colonia, was to be say invaded and destroyed, would it have more of an effect than a few outlying systems nobody goes to in the bubble?

I'm sorry I don't get the reference, never been an explorer until today actually (setting off for my first trip outside the bubble after many years in it), just remember the jump ranges of the old ships. :)

I have found a 7km deep canyon takes me minutes, and whilst they are chasing you to whereever, I have a stash of Onionhead,I also have 3 seats for multi crew but only the pretty ones get to come with me.

Last edited:
I'm sorry I don't get the reference, never been an explorer until today actually (setting off for my first trip outside the bubble after many years in it), just remember the jump ranges of the old ships. :)

Just some Elite lore from when FSD wasn't a thing yet.

Video added to OP. Nothing fancy, just the run for anyone interested in how I did it... I'm no video editor :)

Also thanks everyone. It was fun but I have to say keeping that level of concentration up for 2 hours of neutrons is not an easy task, the planning isn't that straightforwards either. I messed up on Saturday after finishing my route by docking at Jaques by accident, I then realised it was going to cost 350mil and 61hours to get my ship back to the starting line instead of the 12mil re-by I was hoping for... XD

Nice job, CMDR.

What was your loadout?

[video=youtube;c47BZTKTowE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c47BZTKTowE[/video]

Key engineering:
Low emissions powerplant
Range FSD (+54.8% optimised mass, +4.5% fuel use per jump, +36.3% mass)
Clean drive thrusters
Lightweight Life support (-69.6%)
Sensors lightweight (-82.2%)

Impressive!

So this performance doesn't require god rolls and/or engineering which can no longer be done in the current game?

I have a conda which gets ~50ly jumps but nothing like this.

Has anyone made a guide for the various things you have to learn to be able to do this routinely? I kind of understand what needs to be done, but a guide sure would help.

Last edited:
Well done, a rep is in order.

However, I did see that FD put out a statement that CMNDR'S outside the bubble should consider coming back for the update. What that means is open to interpretation, but in the history of conflict, standing alone against a foe doesn't work too well.

Soon.

Top Bottom